Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:47am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on Yesterday at 7:52 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wa22+HD800 and EDM music? Last post on 2/10/15 at 3:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 611
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not getting rid of the Lyr. It pairs well with other cans I have and is very decent with the HD 800. There's a place for it on my desk at this point.
Ehh. 2-6 months? Maybe sooner if my damn bonuses get here.
If you listen primarily to HD800s then I think the Vali is worth getting, esp. as a temporary amp or for a second system.
Like sorrodje I am using the Vali with the HD800s and the Rega DAC while I wait for the gs-x. I'm impressed how great it sounds with the HD800s, esp. for the price.
Ehh, I'll grab one for fun.
- AURALiC Taurus MKII: $1899, ss, single-ended, balanced, RCA+balanced preamp
- Questyle CMA800R: $1499, ss, single-ended (2), balanced, RCA preamp
- Lehmannaudio Linear SE: ss, single-ended (2), RCA preamp
- Senn HDVA 600: $1499, ss, single-ended (2), balanced (2), balanced preamp?
- Bryston BHA-1: $1395, ss, single-ended, balanced (2), balanced preamp?
- Luxman P-1u: ss, single-ended (2), RCA preamp
- Schiit Ragnarok: $1499, ss, single-ended, balanced, RCA preamp, balanced preamp?
Speaking of my larger amp purchase, I'm focusing on the top two listed above right now, but probably wont make a decision until Innerfidelity's Wall of Fame for amps is up. Hopefully that's soon.
Get the Questyle if you plan to go all in for the HD800. It's not that great for the other headphones I've tried so far, and sentiments are similar for other owners. I've not heard the other high end amps yet, but to me the HD800 + Questyle is a good 30% better than HD800 + Vali, which is quite significant in at this point in diminishing marginal returns. Other owners of the Questyle have pretty much all said it's better than other amps they've used in the past with the HD800. Of course their opinions, and the recurring theme has been adding the qualifier of when using with the HD800. I find it to be a great option that doesn't completely break the bank, but get close to the best sound out of the HD800 for a fraction of comparable sounding amps, with the caveat that it's not going to give that level of sound to other headphones. I guess that's pretty much expected when the design principle was to revolve everything around the HD800.
Hi greed how is the DNA HD800 combo coming along? It must be well burnt in by now? Any differences so far? What 2A3's have you got in it again?
Going to audition the HDVD800/HDVA600 tomorrow morning. Will bring my MBA and AQ Carbon with me. In Canada, my choices are limited cause if I import, I'll be nailed with all the extra charges and don't want to go there.
I think the shop also has the Bryston BHA-1 but 1) it's too big for my desk and 2) from what I've read, the Sennheiser SQ is somewhere between the BHA-1 and Auralic. If I can get a good deal on the HDVA600 and I really, really love it, I may go for it.
The shop also has the Naim DAC on display so I can directly compare.
Maybe I should leave my credit cards at home.
Cr@p.. sorry for my wallet. Hope I hate it. It's going to bee a long night.
I'll give the BHA-1 a go too. It's cheaper. Like the Senn's cause I can have my RS1i and HD800 plugged in at the same time and switch between the two seamlessly. In the ToneAudio review, they liked the RS2i with it so the RS1i should be good.
Aurilac is out as that would be an import. Hoping that the Bryston or HDVA600 will be end game and they fit the budget. Bye Bye Tax return. 12 hours and counting.
Hopefully I'll be able to pair up the Naim DAC-V1 with the HDVA600/HDVD600. Yes, I'm taking my laptop with my own music and my personal HD800. I'll be there at opening and they're good with all the time I need. Warm up time should be good. Yes, I should be able to use a separate/quiet room.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones... 18 seconds ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 30 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - ALTO + FORZA - Crowdsourcing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2