Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:47am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 5/29/15 at 6:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 611
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not getting rid of the Lyr. It pairs well with other cans I have and is very decent with the HD 800. There's a place for it on my desk at this point.
Ehh. 2-6 months? Maybe sooner if my damn bonuses get here.
If you listen primarily to HD800s then I think the Vali is worth getting, esp. as a temporary amp or for a second system.
Like sorrodje I am using the Vali with the HD800s and the Rega DAC while I wait for the gs-x. I'm impressed how great it sounds with the HD800s, esp. for the price.
Ehh, I'll grab one for fun.
- AURALiC Taurus MKII: $1899, ss, single-ended, balanced, RCA+balanced preamp
- Questyle CMA800R: $1499, ss, single-ended (2), balanced, RCA preamp
- Lehmannaudio Linear SE: ss, single-ended (2), RCA preamp
- Senn HDVA 600: $1499, ss, single-ended (2), balanced (2), balanced preamp?
- Bryston BHA-1: $1395, ss, single-ended, balanced (2), balanced preamp?
- Luxman P-1u: ss, single-ended (2), RCA preamp
- Schiit Ragnarok: $1499, ss, single-ended, balanced, RCA preamp, balanced preamp?
Speaking of my larger amp purchase, I'm focusing on the top two listed above right now, but probably wont make a decision until Innerfidelity's Wall of Fame for amps is up. Hopefully that's soon.
Get the Questyle if you plan to go all in for the HD800. It's not that great for the other headphones I've tried so far, and sentiments are similar for other owners. I've not heard the other high end amps yet, but to me the HD800 + Questyle is a good 30% better than HD800 + Vali, which is quite significant in at this point in diminishing marginal returns. Other owners of the Questyle have pretty much all said it's better than other amps they've used in the past with the HD800. Of course their opinions, and the recurring theme has been adding the qualifier of when using with the HD800. I find it to be a great option that doesn't completely break the bank, but get close to the best sound out of the HD800 for a fraction of comparable sounding amps, with the caveat that it's not going to give that level of sound to other headphones. I guess that's pretty much expected when the design principle was to revolve everything around the HD800.
Hi greed how is the DNA HD800 combo coming along? It must be well burnt in by now? Any differences so far? What 2A3's have you got in it again?
Going to audition the HDVD800/HDVA600 tomorrow morning. Will bring my MBA and AQ Carbon with me. In Canada, my choices are limited cause if I import, I'll be nailed with all the extra charges and don't want to go there.
I think the shop also has the Bryston BHA-1 but 1) it's too big for my desk and 2) from what I've read, the Sennheiser SQ is somewhere between the BHA-1 and Auralic. If I can get a good deal on the HDVA600 and I really, really love it, I may go for it.
The shop also has the Naim DAC on display so I can directly compare.
Maybe I should leave my credit cards at home.
Cr@p.. sorry for my wallet. Hope I hate it. It's going to bee a long night.
I'll give the BHA-1 a go too. It's cheaper. Like the Senn's cause I can have my RS1i and HD800 plugged in at the same time and switch between the two seamlessly. In the ToneAudio review, they liked the RS2i with it so the RS1i should be good.
Aurilac is out as that would be an import. Hoping that the Bryston or HDVA600 will be end game and they fit the budget. Bye Bye Tax return. 12 hours and counting.
Hopefully I'll be able to pair up the Naim DAC-V1 with the HDVA600/HDVD600. Yes, I'm taking my laptop with my own music and my personal HD800. I'll be there at opening and they're good with all the time I need. Warm up time should be good. Yes, I should be able to use a separate/quiet room.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Qualia 010 Owner's Club 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-R10 Owner's Club 5 minutes ago
- › Music Files/ Quality, how do I.... 5 minutes ago
- › Turtle Beach Elite 800x vs Madcatz FREQ 9 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)