- Questyle CMA800R (ss, single-ended (2), balanced, RCA preamp)
- Lehmannaudio Linear SE (ss, single-ended (2), RCA preamp)
- Senn HDVA 600 (ss, single-ended (2), balanced (2), balanced preamp?)
- Bryston BHA-1 (ss, single-ended, balanced (2), balanced preamp?)
- Luxman P-1u (ss, single-ended (2), RCA preamp)
- Schiit Ragnarok (ss, single-ended, balanced, RCA preamp, balanced preamp?)
My requirements are a solid-state amp with single-ended headphone outputs and a preamp to run powered speakers. The signature needs to not add much color to the HD 800 and compliment the soundstage, separation, detail, and resolution. I'm trying to keep in in the area of $1500. Optionally, balanced headphone outputs would be nice.
Anything else I should throw onto this list to check out? Also, are those balanced output in the rear of the of the amp that I marked in red made to drive powered external monitors?