13xxx here its fine
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 11/28/16 at 10:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 604
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a wavy 28xxx.
Hey, theres nothing wrong with a few wrinkles.. Adds character!
(I can say that because mine are wrinkle free at 21*** :D)
So its looking like the first wrinkles appear from 27 onwards... See where I'm going with this..
Hmmm..... what to do? It seems as if we've established that all the new ones (certainly from around 27xxx anyway) are similar to mine, so there would be no point in sending back to the dealer for a replacement which would doubtless be the same. On one hand I'm reassured as mine is not the only one like this, but OTOH it's somewhat annoying that this seems to be a cosmetic 'fault' that the earlier ones don't have. I find it hard to believe that the change has escaped the notice of Sennheiser seeing as the HD800 is entirely hand made, so may be they'd have an explanation for it? I think there are a few industry insiders on the forum from Sennheiser. Would it be better to PM them or contact Sennheiser direct?
Edited by Mike F - 3/11/14 at 12:42pm
It's only a cosmetic defect I believe, shouldn't effect sound quality.
But i can understand that you'd want them perfect if you just bought them.
I would PM this guy: http://www.head-fi.org/u/146072/rosmadi-mahmood
And see what he says.
Thanks! I've just sent a PM.
Maybe the 27xxx-28xxx were made in October....perhaps the workers at the Sennheiser factory celebrated Oktoberfest a little too hard.
It does not affect the SQ, so I don't really care.
I dunno folk. They may be great headphones, but it's not like they only cost $200. I am thinking about buying a pair, but this is definitely making me sit back and watch for a bit before I commit to that kind of money.
282xx: My screens came out of the box not in the perfect condition you see in the promo pics. No big deal though. My HD 700 was exactly the same way. It doesn't really bother me.
Well, exactly. I hope there's a good reason why they are like this now rather than sloppy construction, even if it has no affect on SQ.
It's a big concern. And I hope y'all can accept that I'm not trolling here: I am seriously interested in this headphone. With the Alpha Dogs, I'm curious about what the next step will bring me. The HD800's are a logical choice, but not if they aren't perfect. Cosmetic or not, if I shell out $1500 for anything audio-related I expect it to be perfect.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 35 seconds ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 41 seconds ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 1 minute ago
- › IEM Recommendations Please: With Mic < $150 1 minute ago
- › Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin! 2 minutes ago
- › Best Computer Audio Player Software? 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 7 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear