- 1,329 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 11/28/16 at 10:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on Yesterday at 1:38 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Specification Ø Digital Input ：USB, Coaxial, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit Ø DAC Chip ：WM8740 Ø Digital Output：Standard Coaxial Ø USB input required OS：Win...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 582
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I also bought mine in December and it's 25xxx. 2000 in 2 months would probably mean $3m a month from HD800 alone (assuming they are getting $1500 a pair), quite a lot of money indeed!
$670? Sigh I paid $1,900 (NZD) for mine.. the world is unfair
That would CAD as well so $600 ish USD. It's a good deal for sure. I need to know if the amps i have are worth trying, or if I'm better off buying something new while I'm at it.
maybe get a vali - its held in high regard by some and its cheap. move onto something else later.
just a side note - i haven't actually heard it, im going by what others have said.
Edited by magiccabbage - 2/27/14 at 1:47pm
On a different note, I am eyeing a local ad for a pair of HD800. The current owner says that the cans have some minor paint chips on it that are quite common on them, though he didn't indicate where those pain chips are. Is this really a common occurrence? Reportedly, the serial number is in the 12k range, and the headphones comes with a 5-feet Cardas cable instead of the stock ones.
What else should I look for in terms of visible / invisible damage and overall conditions in general?
Vali is better than asgard? Wow.. can anyone that has listened confirm?
Haha I might get in troubs but if I can swing it we'll see ;)
So I read through the manual because I had nothing better to do just now and it says I can get a diffuse-field frequency response from Sennheiser directly if I visit the site with my serial number. Just went through the site, but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I wouldn't say the Vali necessarily sounds "better" than the Asgard, but some prefer prefers the warmth and dynamics of tube amps over solid state, and the HD800 pairs quite well with the Vali. At $120 new (or cheaper if used), it is hard to complain about its shortcomings, but be wary of ringing / microphonic issues.
Ah I see, makes sense. Is it considered to be more detailed than the Little dot MkIII though?
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 34 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 2 minutes ago
- › Inbetween the HE-400i and the Sennheiser 600s 4 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 8 minutes ago
- › I am clueless... 8 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 10 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 12 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 13 minutes ago
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear