or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 542

post #8116 of 24297
I had that combo it's sweet. Enjoy
Al
post #8117 of 24297
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumraresteak View Post

Just received my HD800 (serial 26XXX) and really enjoying the combo with my WA7.

I have the same combo as yours since Christmas.
Do try the upgraded EH tubes if you have not done so
post #8118 of 24297
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhyar View Post


I have the same combo as yours since Christmas.
Do try the upgraded EH tubes if you have not done so

I just got them today as well :).  Going to listen to stock for a bit and then switch to hear the difference.  What benefits do you see from the EH tubes?

post #8119 of 24297
I sold the amp. But the tubes make a big chNge for the better. It makes it more clearer and feh base more defined. It's well worth the 100 for the tubes. Also get a spair set too there is only so many to be had . No new stock . Get the ones from woo gold tips.

Al
post #8120 of 24297
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumraresteak View Post
 

Just received my HD800 (serial 26XXX) and really enjoying the combo with my WA7.

Congrats I just got mine as well, my WA7 will not be here for a couple weeks :( They sound awesome to me in this not so awesome setup they are a little tiresome in this setup though. Come on WA7!!!:k701smile:

post #8121 of 24297
After giving my ears a nasty dose of tinnitus and noise-induced hearing loss using the hd800 with various amps, I've reverted to plugging them directly into my iphone 5 headphone jack. Works surprisingly well for me - the iPhone's 1v output drives the hd800 to 102 decibels, or way louder than I should be listening to it. Still need to eq the treble, though!
post #8122 of 24297

:confused_face(1):

post #8123 of 24297
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuPrbly View Post
 

Congrats I just got mine as well, my WA7 will not be here for a couple weeks :( They sound awesome to me in this not so awesome setup they are a little tiresome in this setup though. Come on WA7!!!:k701smile:

As mentioned before, I highly recommend getting the EH tubes if you can.  Completely refines the sound and detail retrieval more so with the HD800.

post #8124 of 24297
EH TUBES ?

Al
post #8125 of 24297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

EH TUBES ?

Al

 

The tubes upgrade for the WA7 (Electro Harmonix 6C45)

post #8126 of 24297
The gold ones I had ok. All this lingo I am to old to get with this LOL

al
post #8127 of 24297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

The gold ones I had ok. All this lingo I am to old to get with this LOL

al

Yep the gold plated ones. :smile: 

 

How is the WA5 for the HD800?


Edited by pdrm360 - 2/13/14 at 11:08am
post #8128 of 24297
I really thought it would not make any difference like wires . But wow it made an improvement right away. Easy to hear.

Al
post #8129 of 24297
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumraresteak View Post
 

As mentioned before, I highly recommend getting the EH tubes if you can.  Completely refines the sound and detail retrieval more so with the HD800.

Oh yea! I'm not even going to put the stocks in at all, going straight for the EH upgrade.

post #8130 of 24297

WA7 sounds like a damn good price/performance dac/amp contender for HD800.. Should I abandon my plan of getting the WA2 and get the WA7 instead?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread