well im pretty happy with my HE-6 right now and i would never consider getting an abyss + liquid gold, it definitely doesn't sound as good as it should.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 7/13/15 at 4:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 8/23/15 at 2:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 535
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I believe Tyll of inner fidelity ranks the HD800 above the Abyss. He did an abyss review and didn't exactly shower it with praise while he still very much liked the HD800. Could be wrong here but that's what I got reading between the lines. But he's a HD800 fan...
Just shows how much personal preference plays a part at this level.
Even if the Abyss was better and would cost "only the same" as the HD800, I wouldn't want to switch.
Simple reason: weight.
Even before sound quality, comfort is a critical "must have".
At around 1.5 lb or 660grs (w/o cable) the Abyss is so heavy, I wouldn't be able to comfortably listen to them for an hour. That's a no go in my book. I am not sacrificing comfort over the last bit of SQ in return for a headache or muscle pain.
+1. I used to think SQ is everything and comfort doesn't matter, until I put an RS-2i on my head. I couldn't wear them for more than 5 minutes before my ears started to deform. Right after that moment, I changed my priority, with comfort above SQ.
Haha...no wonder you had to sell most of your headphones.
Do you think you will buy any of those models after you recuperate from the car expense?
Hmm, I wonder how can we buy one of this cars by selling three or four pairs of headphones.
It only needs to be enough for the downpayment
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! And the new Firmware 'flavours' are... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Is this a bad idea? will it not work? 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › Sony DR-Z6 (Vintage) 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 9 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2