or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 528

post #7906 of 25190

Debating between the LCD-X and HD800 still to pair with my WA7.  Is Sennheiser coming out a new HP soon, HD900 or something along those lines?

post #7907 of 25190
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumraresteak View Post
 

Debating between the LCD-X and HD800 still to pair with my WA7.  Is Sennheiser coming out a new HP soon, HD900 or something along those lines?

 

In my opinion, Sennheiser can't really make another Dynamic headphone because there isn't anything to fix on the HD800 :D

post #7908 of 25190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

 

In my opinion, Sennheiser can't really make another Dynamic headphone because there isn't anything to fix on the HD800 :D

 

+1

post #7909 of 25190

How easily can that outer diaphram get damaged? Actually, I'm not sure what the material is, but prefer not to poke at it to test my theories lol. If there was an update, maybe a design that makes that part of the headphone less exposed (if it is indeed fragile). I've personally seen it dented and creased on a demo HD800.

post #7910 of 25190
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman42 View Post
 

How easily can that outer diaphram get damaged? Actually, I'm not sure what the material is, but prefer not to poke at it to test my theories lol. If there was an update, maybe a design that makes that part of the headphone less exposed (if it is indeed fragile). I've personally seen it dented and creased on a demo HD800.

No one has ever reported it damaged. I've had my pair now for about 4 years and they are in MINT condition. Unless you manhandle them, like anything, you'd likely then have issues.

post #7911 of 25190
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

No one has ever reported it damaged. I've had my pair now for about 4 years and they are in MINT condition. Unless you manhandle them, like anything, you'd likely then have issues.

 

This post gave me a feeling of security. I always feared a day will come when the durability of my HD800 failed me. I guess even if it does come, it's still a long time away :D

post #7912 of 25190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

 

This post gave me a feeling of security. I always feared a day will come when the durability of my HD800 failed me. I guess even if it does come, it's still a long time away :D

They have been with me the longest of all my headphones....for good reason.

post #7913 of 25190

I recently posted about that. 

I think it is way too fragile. 

 

Barely touching that grey mesh causes noticeable fingerprints, and about a week or two ago I barely touched it with the cable end and it caused a scratch.

 

It is literally the only bad thing I would point out on the 800's. 

Some say the 800's are bright, but I disagree - especially with the right gear.

 

I think the HD 900's would have to come out in about a thousand years when technology is advanced enough!

Maybe their next flagship would be another electro stat.
 

post #7914 of 25190

Also, I am very very very careful with the 800's.

 

I do think they are very well built - I just think the outer grey mesh is just too fragile to be able to easily touch.
 

post #7915 of 25190

post #7916 of 25190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem1x View Post
 

Also, I am very very very careful with the 800's.

 

I do think they are very well built - I just think the outer grey mesh is just too fragile to be able to easily touch.
 

Compared to pretty much all TOTL cans, the HD800s have had basically no quality issues...and by far, most where owner induced.

 

These are $1500 headphones, so I recommend treating them as such!

post #7917 of 25190

Yea like I said I am extremely careful with the headphones.

 

I just think the grey mesh is too fragile and shows fingerprints way too easily.. not only that, but its very hard to clean those fingerprints off.

 

Of course I take extra special care and never touch that area now that I have learned and after spending hours cleaning them.

 

I don't think it is a huge problem, but I do feel like it is flawed in a way. 

 

Perhaps something so delicate could either be inaccessible or more durable.
 

post #7918 of 25190

In person, the T1 seems like a much better built headphones than the HD800. But from the reports, the T1 seems to be plagued by inconsistent QC problem, whereas the HD800 is a quality consistency phenomenon. IMO in person the K812 seems to also possess better build quality than HD800, but I guess looks can deceive :wink_face:

post #7919 of 25190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

In person, the T1 seems like a much better built headphones than the HD800. But from the reports, the T1 seems to be plagued by inconsistent QC problem, whereas the HD800 is a quality consistency phenomenon. IMO in person the K812 seems to also possess better build quality than HD800, but I guess looks can deceive :wink_face:

In person, I would agree with this. But the QC issues for the T1s aren't the greatest...then there's the actual sound quality. And with the right setup, the HD800s are technically superior. I owned the first pair of T1s sold in Canada and enjoyed my 3 years with them, BUT, my HD800s are still here. ;)

post #7920 of 25190
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

These are $1500 headphones, so I recommend treating them as such!

Indeed! After a heavy night of Radiohead or Massive Attack, put on some Mozart and Schubert the next morning for them to recover.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread