or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 513

post #7681 of 25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb7 View Post
 

 

 

 Why aren't you considering a Beyer as an alternative since you have an OTL? Their 250ohm and 600ohm go great with OTL amps. My main complementary phone to my HD800s are my T1s. I hardly ever use my HD600s anymore.

 

+1  but I also use my HD650. 

post #7682 of 25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb7 View Post
 

 

 

 Why aren't you considering a Beyer as an alternative since you have an OTL? Their 250ohm and 600ohm go great with OTL amps. My main complementary phone to my HD800s are my T1s. I hardly ever use my HD600s anymore.

 

 

I'm looking for a warmer complementary cans here mate. The T1 would make a very nice complement, yes, but not really what I'm looking for right now.

post #7683 of 25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

 

I'm looking for a warmer complementary cans here mate. The T1 would make a very nice complement, yes, but not really what I'm looking for right now.

 

 

That crosses out Grado  :p
 

post #7684 of 25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anda View Post
 

May I ask why? :beerchug: 

 

According to an answer given apparently by JKenny itself in the following post (in another forum, http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=72468.220):

 

Quote:
 ... The attenuators work on the Hiface SPDIF output because it is higher than spec i.e 2Vpp as apposed to 0.5Vpp. The attenuators cut down the voltage of this signal & as a result knock down the reflections two-fold. In the case of the Hiface there is no problem bringing down the SPDIF signal but other SPDIF devices may well not have the headroom to spare i.e if you knock down the SPDIF signal too much your DAC will not be able to lock to it.
...

 

And I could verify using my wife as "blind" tester that the attenuator change the sound for the better. When I started trying to find a difference between attenuated cable vs no attenuated, it was hard. Almost everything sound the "same", or at least not different enough to not attribute it to placebo. But there was a song intro with a nice reverb in an acoustic guitar, and it was clearly different. I ask my wife: please come and listen. She did several times, and could pick up the difference.

 

Have a nice Sunday,

 

Daniel


Edited by daniel0407 - 1/26/14 at 2:09am
post #7685 of 25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

 

I'm looking for a warmer complementary cans here mate. The T1 would make a very nice complement, yes, but not really what I'm looking for right now.

 

The T1s aren't warmer than the HD800s? :D

post #7686 of 25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb7 View Post
 

 

The T1s aren't warmer than the HD800s? :D

The T1 is more like a slight change of flavor than a complementary headphone IMO, but it really depends on your musical tastes.

post #7687 of 25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

The T1 is more like a slight change of flavor than a complementary headphone IMO, but it really depends on your musical tastes.

 

I agree. I somehow missed that 62ohm wanted a complementary phone that was warmer.

 

That's why I'm getting a new amp, because I would like to have a complementary phone in addition to HD800/T1 with a completely different sound like the Audezes and Hifimans.

post #7688 of 25128

The Audezes and Hifimans are complementary phones to the HD800 in case of comfort/weight too. :D

post #7689 of 25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 

The Audezes and Hifimans are complementary phones to the HD800 in case of comfort/weight too. :D

 

My daily routine :

 

  1. 2000 nods with HD800 as warm up
  2. 5000 multi direction nods with HE500 as main work out for neck muscles
  3. 2000 nods with HD800 as cool down

 

The 2 HPs indeed are perfect complements in every way.

post #7690 of 25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

The T1 is more like a slight change of flavor than a complementary headphone IMO, but it really depends on your musical tastes.

 

I agree...that's why I traded my T1 for a T5p. 

 

The T5p is a great complementary model for the HD800.   It retains some of the T1 signature, plus you get very good isolation and the bass is different (a little more mid-bass) from that of both the HD800 and T1.

post #7691 of 25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb7 View Post
 

 

The T1s aren't warmer than the HD800s? :D


The T1 has hotter treble but bigger and deeper bass than the HD800.  Both of them are on the analytical side of the sonic spectrum.  

post #7692 of 25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

The T1 is more like a slight change of flavor than a complementary headphone IMO, but it really depends on your musical tastes.

What about the TH900?

post #7693 of 25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post


The T1 has hotter treble but bigger and deeper bass than the HD800.  Both of them are on the analytical side of the sonic spectrum.  

Disagree.
post #7694 of 25128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post


Disagree.


You think T1 is warmer?  

post #7695 of 25128
Hotter treble, Disagree on the rest. T1 is a mess.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread