Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 470

post #7036 of 13853
Quote:
Originally Posted by P+D-MI View Post
 

Still loving my HD800 after four years with DNA Sonett. Excellent synergy.

 

Great to hear that you can find synergy and good equipment that is "old". We are very focused on getting "the new" and "better" gear all the time, while some "older" gear don't get too much attention even though they sound very good (and sometimes even better) than the new stuff.

post #7037 of 13853
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

Well, count me in.  My HD800 will arrive next week.  This will be it for me in this interesting hobby.  I won't sink anymore $ into HP/Amp/DAC.

You can say that I am at "end game" and very content.

I think I said that a few thousand $ ago :atsmile:

post #7038 of 13853
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

I think I said that a few thousand $ ago :atsmile:

You are not helping me with "self - control" issue.  :D

post #7039 of 13853
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
 

hard decision for me - hd800 or lcd - 3 . i already have the hd650. 

why not both? ignore your wallet, put them on your credit card and worry later :P

post #7040 of 13853

i have been thinking about that ....... 

post #7041 of 13853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd007 View Post
 

why not both? ignore your wallet, put them on your credit card and worry later :P

Worst advise ever.  I like it.  :p

post #7042 of 13853
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

You are not helping me with "self - control" issue.  :D


Sure they are...control yourself into buying more gear...:biggrin: 

post #7043 of 13853

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread, but thought this might be of interest to some here.

 

For those interested in making their own HD800 cables, we have reduced the price on our custom made HD800 connectors that we designed and had made over a year ago.

 

Price per pair will be just £20. This is nearly half the price of what you can expect to pay elsewhere.

 

This is the larger HD800 connector that we had made for our 18AWG cables. Picture below shows them next to some of the other HD800 connectors on the market and a smaller size of our own.

 

We also have a selection of 18AWG wires, also smaller diameter and anything else you might require to build your own cable.

 

For those not comfortable with soldering on to those tiny pins, i can do this part for you at no extra cost.

 

Shipping for any order is £3.50 UK and £12 international, with tracking and insurance. We also try any make sure that our international customers don't have to pay any further import charges ;)

 

Please PM me, should you wish to place an order.

 

 

 

vv We did respond to your email on placing an order and got no reply back.

 

It's up to you if you purchase from me or not, so let's not derail this thread :wink: 


Edited by Toxic Cables - 12/28/13 at 10:48pm

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #7044 of 13853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post
 

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread, but thought this might be of interest to some here.

 

For those interested in making their own HD800 cables, we have reduced the price on our custom made HD800 connectors that we designed and had made over a year ago.

 

Price per pair will be just £20. This is nearly half the price of what you can expect to pay elsewhere.

 

This is the larger HD800 connector that we had made for our 18AWG cables. Picture below shows them next to some of the other HD800 connectors on the market and a smaller size of our own.

 

 

 

No thanks. I emailed you guys a number of times months ago to try to purchase/preorder a cable-and never received a response after maybe 3-4 emails. Fool me thrice...:ph34r:

 

-Daniel

post #7045 of 13853

Hey, Sennheiser, how come you don't respond to my emails asking for a loaner of your new flagship demonstrator electrostatic headphone to replace the Orpheus you are releasing next year?

 

I've checked my junk mail and there's no response from you.

 

I am deeply disappointed with your lack of response.

 

Just because I live literally on the other side of the world from Germany should not have any bearing in this age of fast and economical world shipping of goods, merchandise and chattels.

 

I await your answer by email or pm on this forum  with bated breath and eager anticipation.    Please don't spoil the end of a great year by your continued lack of communication.

post #7046 of 13853
CES is just around the corner and that is when Senn tends to release new stuff. They have discounted the HD700 and others, so perhaps there will be something new, though I doubt it will be an Orpheus successor
post #7047 of 13853
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post
 

Hey, Sennheiser, how come you don't respond to my emails asking for a loaner of your new flagship demonstrator electrostatic headphone to replace the Orpheus you are releasing next year?

 

I've checked my junk mail and there's no response from you.

 

I am deeply disappointed with your lack of response.

 

Just because I live literally on the other side of the world from Germany should not have any bearing in this age of fast and economical world shipping of goods, merchandise and chattels.

 

I await your answer by email or pm on this forum  with bated breath and eager anticipation.    Please don't spoil the end of a great year by your continued lack of communication.

Fail. Wrong context all around. You're usually better than this.

 

-Daniel

post #7048 of 13853

Usually better?       I thought that was my best post this fast fading year.........

 

Just goes to show - humour as well as hearing is a very subjective sense.

post #7049 of 13853
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post
 

Usually better?       I thought that was my best post this fast fading year.........

 

Just goes to show - humour as well as hearing is a very subjective sense.

:rolleyes:

post #7050 of 13853

Just want to let you guys know my HD-800 with balanced cable is up for sale :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread