Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 451

post #6751 of 13968

"Vinyl and HD800 were made to go together"

 

I could not agree more!!!!

post #6752 of 13968

"Vinyl and HD800 were made to go together"

could not agree more

post #6753 of 13968
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer616 View Post

As for durability,I have serial 854 and they still sound amazing despite a few tiny chips here and there.But this is a headphone for me and not an investment.For me things must look used at some stage.

couldn't agree more........+1

post #6754 of 13968

30+ hours on hd800, listening to Van Morrison - Moondance........... :eek::eek::eek:, no harshness left at all now. So smooth with WA2. Im afraid they are leaving the T1's for dead. I think they just suit my musical tastes a lot more. 

 

I listened to Pet Sounds the whole way through for the first time today, man what an album. Why did i never give that album a chance? An old record, i thought there might be some treble spikes and brightness. No such thing. Pure butter. I am really enjoying myself the past few days :D

 

What a headphone. 

post #6755 of 13968

u need GEC 6AS7G and bugle boys....

post #6756 of 13968
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

Van Morrison - Moondance.

:beerchug:

post #6757 of 13968
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

30+ hours on hd800, listening to Van Morrison - Moondance........... :eek::eek::eek:, no harshness left at all now. 

 

Mine are at 188 hours, somehow sounding better all the time.  I believe they really started to sound otherworldly around 100+ hours.  

 

Recently got the re-master-special-edition-super-duper-quad-disc Moondance from HDTracks and while it contains a few duds, it sounds awesome and some of the unreleased versions are amazing.  For contemporary magic I strongly recommend Galactic: 

 

post #6758 of 13968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

u need GEC 6AS7G and bugle boys....

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopaminer View Post
 

 

Mine are at 188 hours, somehow sounding better all the time.  I believe they really started to sound otherworldly around 100+ hours.  

 

Recently got the re-master-special-edition-super-duper-quad-disc Moondance from HDTracks and while it contains a few duds, it sounds awesome and some of the unreleased versions are amazing.  For contemporary magic I strongly recommend Galactic: 

 

thanks for posting, i will be sure to check it out. 

 

Just back from the pub. Full of Guinness! Feeling great. 

post #6759 of 13968
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboy1 View Post
 

"Vinyl and HD800 were made to go together"

 

I could not agree more!!!!

 

  That is the exact rumours  i heard in Jaben headphone shop..

post #6760 of 13968
You should all go listen to Pick up the Pieces by Average White Band. Fantastic on the HD800's.

Impressions so far, a little bright with my Soloist. Hoping to get a Crack kit for my birthday Friday so tubes should help a bit. Definitely a superior headphone to the T1 but not sure if I like it more
post #6761 of 13968
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

 

thanks for posting, i will be sure to check it out. 

 

Just back from the pub. Full of Guinness! Feeling great. 

 

 

;)

 

 

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A1834-6AS7G-OSRAM-BROWN-BASE-NOS-VALVE-TUBE-PAIR-M1-/370629001234

post #6762 of 13968
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGFX View Post

You should all go listen to Pick up the Pieces by Average White Band. Fantastic on the HD800's.

Impressions so far, a little bright with my Soloist. Hoping to get a Crack kit for my birthday Friday so tubes should help a bit. Definitely a superior headphone to the T1 but not sure if I like it more

Nice blast from the past!

post #6763 of 13968

Ok there are some albums i still prefer on t1 over hd800. Namely Paul simon's "one trick pony" and George Duke's - "dont let go"

post #6764 of 13968
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

Ok there are some albums i still prefer on t1 over hd800. Namely Paul simon's "one trick pony" and George Duke's - "dont let go"

For me the T1 is better at fast moving Rock and harder bass numbers, acoustic and harmonies the HD800 wins hands down.  I feel the HD800 is capable of digging deeper into songs, it's like doubling your albums, it changes the audio that much.

post #6765 of 13968
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

For me the T1 is better at fast moving Rock and harder bass numbers, acoustic and harmonies the HD800 wins hands down.  I feel the HD800 is capable of digging deeper into songs, it's like doubling your albums, it changes the audio that much.

yea im having great fun now swapping headphones. The HD800 keeps getting better though its a lot smoother now. its like 70% percent of my collection suits HD800 and the other 30% goes to the T1. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread