Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 11/28/16 at 10:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour .Thank you for the opportunity Micah and the RHA Team. Selflessly our Tour Organiser , @glassmonkey gave me the chance to unwrap this...
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 434
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I see you own HE-400... How does the A18 pair with them? I am aware of how HE-400 sound... They are quite a lot of different from HD800 :-)
The pairing is excellent, the bass is to-die-for. As mentioned in the review, the A18 is a beast--especially with bass, it's not overly done, the quality, texture, and physicality of impact has to be the best I've heard. If you like electronica, this amp should be on top of your list.
Thanks very much... Will see. I can only find the A18 for like 1000USD here in Europe (including shipping and fees) while the Classic would definitely cost me up to 700USD (probably like 650USD) including all additional costs. That's a significant difference. Classic is a very safe choice on all fronts but I would definitely like to try the A18. But not for as much money. Also hesitating about the V200 but most probably going to skip one because of its soundstaging (unfortunately) =/ Why does it have to be so difficult?
Edited by emertxe - 11/18/13 at 2:10pm
somebody offers me 800usd.
what about your opinion when hd 800 is ABed with He-5le?
if Hd 800 is noticeable better, i want to buy.
my macine chain is Uberfrost, or Bdp 105 ,and Lry,
Great price!! I'll take if you don't want it.
Yep, re-furbed ones were going for $1100 weren't they? That is a good price.
Edited by bearFNF - 11/18/13 at 4:53pm
very nice price for good condition.
I would like to add some comments on the V200..................
It is a revealing and transparent little amp which does very well with many headphones. The V200 does require quality ahead of it to shine. Things like good power cords and I/Cs. It needs to have its ground and low pass filter lifted internally, and also output matched through it pre-gain settings. it needs to be used with it's volume pot at between 12-3pm. With all this done it scales up very very well!
I have used the V200 with my (C)IEMs to the Abyss and cannot fault it at it's price. It is totally void of hiss for IEMs and has enough power for the Abyss. All in all a very versatile amplifier. I have never found the soundstage small on the V200, look elsewhere in the chain............
For me I preferred the V800/V200 over the HDVD800 when I auditioned the latter.
The hinge pin popped out of my refurbished HD800 so instead of taking pictures of my earpiece that was off the headband I went instead into complete life saving audio mode and put the pin and the spring back on. They looked back to normal but the thought it could happen again off warranty scared me. Plus the serial number 8500 clearly dated the HP's as old. So I gave Crutchfield a call and they told me to send them back. I was reimbursed the full amount and moved on.
After a few days I started to miss the HP's and given the speed and ease of returning them to Crutchfield, I bought new ones this time around and with a serial number >25,000 I am feeling my life is more complete. So I am once again on the HD800 thread, minus an additional $400, and so it goes on Head-Fi.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO! 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods (All verified mods are on first... 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 6 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 6 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2F 2016 10 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear