Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- They might be Kings: Focal Utopia, Sony MDR-Z1R, HiFiMan HE1000 V2 and MrSpeakers Ether Flow... Last post on 4/18/17 at 9:23am in Currawong
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 4/20/17 at 1:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 434
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I see you own HE-400... How does the A18 pair with them? I am aware of how HE-400 sound... They are quite a lot of different from HD800 :-)
The pairing is excellent, the bass is to-die-for. As mentioned in the review, the A18 is a beast--especially with bass, it's not overly done, the quality, texture, and physicality of impact has to be the best I've heard. If you like electronica, this amp should be on top of your list.
Thanks very much... Will see. I can only find the A18 for like 1000USD here in Europe (including shipping and fees) while the Classic would definitely cost me up to 700USD (probably like 650USD) including all additional costs. That's a significant difference. Classic is a very safe choice on all fronts but I would definitely like to try the A18. But not for as much money. Also hesitating about the V200 but most probably going to skip one because of its soundstaging (unfortunately) =/ Why does it have to be so difficult?
Edited by emertxe - 11/18/13 at 2:10pm
somebody offers me 800usd.
what about your opinion when hd 800 is ABed with He-5le?
if Hd 800 is noticeable better, i want to buy.
my macine chain is Uberfrost, or Bdp 105 ,and Lry,
Great price!! I'll take if you don't want it.
Yep, re-furbed ones were going for $1100 weren't they? That is a good price.
Edited by bearFNF - 11/18/13 at 4:53pm
very nice price for good condition.
I would like to add some comments on the V200..................
It is a revealing and transparent little amp which does very well with many headphones. The V200 does require quality ahead of it to shine. Things like good power cords and I/Cs. It needs to have its ground and low pass filter lifted internally, and also output matched through it pre-gain settings. it needs to be used with it's volume pot at between 12-3pm. With all this done it scales up very very well!
I have used the V200 with my (C)IEMs to the Abyss and cannot fault it at it's price. It is totally void of hiss for IEMs and has enough power for the Abyss. All in all a very versatile amplifier. I have never found the soundstage small on the V200, look elsewhere in the chain............
For me I preferred the V800/V200 over the HDVD800 when I auditioned the latter.
The hinge pin popped out of my refurbished HD800 so instead of taking pictures of my earpiece that was off the headband I went instead into complete life saving audio mode and put the pin and the spring back on. They looked back to normal but the thought it could happen again off warranty scared me. Plus the serial number 8500 clearly dated the HP's as old. So I gave Crutchfield a call and they told me to send them back. I was reimbursed the full amount and moved on.
After a few days I started to miss the HP's and given the speed and ease of returning them to Crutchfield, I bought new ones this time around and with a serial number >25,000 I am feeling my life is more complete. So I am once again on the HD800 thread, minus an additional $400, and so it goes on Head-Fi.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 7 hours, 1 minute ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 7 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 7 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 8 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 8 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › IC : Grado HP1000 8 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear