or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 411

post #6151 of 24295
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

which is?

For me, it is the HE-6. There's enough transparency there for everything but the most critical listening sessions, which i don't do all day and would only choose HD-800 if it were part of my profession. Therefore, I can advance to the greater ebb and flow of the HE-6. That's why it would be my island headphone.


Edited by brunk - 11/8/13 at 9:35pm
post #6152 of 24295
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Usual Disclaimer: All IMO.

 

The HD-800s were designed purposefully this way, it's a studio headphone.

 

Bollocks, "reference" (well according to Sennheiser, "natural listening experience"..) != "studio"

 

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/headphones/studio

 

Those are "studio" phones. HD800 was never marketed as such.


Edited by hekeli - 11/8/13 at 10:01pm
post #6153 of 24295
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

For me, it is the HE-6. There's enough transparency there for everything but the most critical listening sessions, which i don't do all day and would only choose HD-800 if it were part of my profession. Therefore, I can advance to the greater ebb and flow of the HE-6. That's why it would be my island headphone.

You'd have to take some heavy gear to the island to run the HE-6. :wink_face:

post #6154 of 24295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHZADA123 View Post
 

You'd have to take some heavy gear to the island to run the HE-6. :wink_face:

Hah! I sure would. :tongue: 

post #6155 of 24295
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekeli View Post
 

 

Bollocks, "reference" (well according to Sennheiser, "natural listening experience"..) != "studio"

 

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/headphones/studio

 

Those are "studio" phones. HD800 was never marketed as such.

Ahh yes, you are correct. However there are plenty of people using it in a studio environment. I should have used a different operative.

post #6156 of 24295
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptic View Post

could you clarify what you mean by "colors of sound"? that's not exactly common parlance around here.

hd800s have the fastest most detailed dynamic transducers ever made. I can't identify with the analogy to "grey." If anything, with certain source material, I would argue that they can sound too vivid to be enjoyable with certain amps subject to the topology and handling of high order harmonics.

"Colors of sounds"...let's say one piano, like Steinway can play the same note as the other piano, but it can do it in a nicer way.

post #6157 of 24295
Quote:
Originally Posted by korzena View Post
 

"Colors of sounds"...let's say one piano, like Steinway can play the same note as the other piano, but it can do it in a nicer way.


.. In other words, the sound should more engaging to the listener, i think..:wink_face:

 

 This is m  first  accomplishment before stepping to another level. 

 

 

post #6158 of 24295
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptic View Post

could you clarify what you mean by "colors of sound"? that's not exactly common parlance around here.

hd800s have the fastest most detailed dynamic transducers ever made. I can't identify with the analogy to "grey." If anything, with certain source material, I would argue that they can sound too vivid to be enjoyable with certain amps subject to the topology and handling of high order harmonics.


  Thanks to the ring radiator . Sometime  i think whether it is the same technology used  in ring radiator tweeter by scanspeak.

  The treble  sounded quite similar to my hearing

post #6159 of 24295

I know the HD800 would be my island headphones. For my tastes is hits all the right buttons. Plus it is so comfortable. I have worn it for hours and you forget they are on your head. In a pinch I could survive with the HD650's too.

post #6160 of 24295
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

I know the HD800 would be my island headphones. For my tastes is hits all the right buttons. Plus it is so comfortable. I have worn it for hours and you forget they are on your head. In a pinch I could survive with the HD650's too.

They are very comfortable, I agree. HifiMan and Audeze should take notes!

post #6161 of 24295
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

For me, it is the HE-6. There's enough transparency there for everything but the most critical listening sessions, which i don't do all day and would only choose HD-800 if it were part of my profession. Therefore, I can advance to the greater ebb and flow of the HE-6. That's why it would be my island headphone.

What do you use to drive your he6? I was thinking of getting the EF6 for audeze and hififman headphones but i would like to listen to hd800 on the ef6 also. Have you heard the ef6 by any chance?

post #6162 of 24295

Originally Posted by korzena

Some people claim HD800 have 'grey' sound...

 

Originally Posted by korzena View Post
 

"Colors of sounds"...let's say one piano, like Steinway can play the same note as the other piano, but it can do it in a nicer way.

 

Originally Posted by kamalz View Post


.. In other words, the sound should more engaging to the listener, i think..:wink_face:

 

 This is m  first  accomplishment before stepping to another level. 

 

"more engaging"....yes! And more enjoyable to ones' ears.

 

At the time of auditioning HD800, I had a chance to listen to other flagships, too, and the "sounds' colors" in Ultrasone E10, Denon D7000 or Audio-Technica W5000 were richer, more 'colorful'.

In HD800 I liked almost everything except for these "sounds' colors" which appeared to me 'greyish'. And this would be my main objection in making the decision to buy these headphones.


Edited by korzena - 11/9/13 at 8:15am
post #6163 of 24295
Quote:
Originally Posted by korzena View Post
 

"Colors of sounds"...let's say one piano, like Steinway can play the same note as the other piano, but it can do it in a nicer way.

 

 

This is `timber`, no? 

 

 

 

Also, on another, recent topic: the HD800s are too fragile for studio use IMO.  Studio gear needs to be indestructible and while I love my 800s,  I`m always super careful with them.  I hate touching the mesh...  And lots of people complain about paint chipping, though I treat mine like a newborn infant so no problems there, yet.  

 

+1 on them being freakishly comfortable.

post #6164 of 24295

 

It has been a while since I have spent literally all day listening to the HD800. Without a doubt it is an excellent pair of Headphones.

 

For me, powered by the Cavalli LAu is the best that I have ever heard my pair of HD800. The Lau has really taken the HD800 to new heights of performance..........

post #6165 of 24295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopaminer View Post
 

This is `timber`, no? 

 

Yes, I believe it must be called 'timber'. Thanks for the right word!:)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread