Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 406

post #6076 of 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigavi View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrahmaDogAlpha View Post

 
I finally joined the club...





Nice headphone stand. Could you tell me the model/brand? Looking for something similar. I like the adjustment in height and the fact it can carry two headphones.

i believe that stand is made by Wooaudio my good sir
post #6077 of 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post


i believe that stand is made by Wooaudio my good sir


Thanks Darken23,

 

Bought one myself yesterday. Delivery scheduled today :)

post #6078 of 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigavi View Post
 


Thanks Darken23,

 

Bought one myself yesterday. Delivery scheduled today :)

Their stands are top notch quality, i have a mini silver one from them. I also have some handmade bamboo stands i like very much too :)

post #6079 of 12317

Guess I'm joining you guys in a few days! Serial number is 049**, so I guess they are pretty old. They still look really good though:

 

 

(Why is the picture turned, how do I edit this? :p)

post #6080 of 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleaK View Post
 

Guess I'm joining you guys in a few days! Serial number is 049**, so I guess they are pretty old. They still look really good though:

 

 

(Why is the picture turned, how do I edit this? :p)

Fixed it for you :) Great avatar by the way.

post #6081 of 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Fixed it for you smily_headphones1.gif Great avatar by the way.

Thank you and thank you! I think Ayreon is maybe the most underrated music project in our modern days. I always say to people that if you like Pink Floyd, you will love Ayreon.
post #6082 of 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Fixed it for you :) 

 

That's Brunk for you.  He fixes everything.   An up and coming star..

post #6083 of 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

 

That's Brunk for you.  He fixes everything.   An up and coming star..

I'm getting there... :D

:beerchug:

post #6084 of 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

 

That's Brunk for you.  He fixes everything.   An up and coming star..

I'm getting there... :D

:beerchug:

brunken audio does it again

post #6085 of 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleaK View Post


Thank you and thank you! I think Ayreon is maybe the most underrated music project in our modern days. I always say to people that if you like Pink Floyd, you will love Ayreon.

 

I never heard of Ayreon, but I do love Pink Floyd (one of my top 5 fav bands). I will surely give Ayreon a listen.

post #6086 of 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by songmic View Post
 

 

I never heard of Ayreon, but I do love Pink Floyd (one of my top 5 fav bands). I will surely give Ayreon a listen.

:eek: Yeah he is very cool. For starters, I recommend the album "Into the Electric Castle". If you want an added twist, get TB Isone for a great experience. Do note that most his albums are stories, and it's recommended to have time for the full duration of the album.

post #6087 of 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

:eek: Yeah he is very cool. For starters, I recommend the album "Into the Electric Castle". If you want an added twist, get TB Isone for a great experience. Do note that most his albums are stories, and it's recommended to have time for the full duration of the album.

Sounds interesting - i will give this a go as well .

post #6088 of 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleaK View Post

Thank you and thank you! I think Ayreon is maybe the most underrated music project in our modern days. I always say to people that if you like Pink Floyd, you will love Ayreon.

Thanks for the recommendation. Im listening to "Into the Electric Castle" right now. Definitely interesting. I'm hearing more Rush than Floyd so far... Kind of Spocks Beard "ish" actually.
Edited by palmfish - 11/3/13 at 8:40am
post #6089 of 12317
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post


Thanks for the recommendation. Im listening to "Into the Electric Castle" right now. Definitely interesting. I'm hearing more Rush than Floyd so far... Kind of Spocks Beard "ish" actually.

Yeah, Ayreon is great for Sci-Fi / Fantasy lovers. I'd wager that if Pink Floyd was formed in this era, he would be very similar to Ayreon, but yeah he is more on the faster side of Prog Rock like Rush. Another good album is "The Human Equation" and just days ago a new album has finally been released that I will be listening to sometime this week.

post #6090 of 12317

i know its been said before but i just experienced this again last night: watching movies with the hd800 is soo good. gets a bit weird/scary at times when sounds in the movie sound like they are coming from my home (had to pause the movie to make sure it was actually from the film)! this has happened to me multiple times in difference movies now with the hd800, and never had this feeling with my hd650 before. maybe my new dac helps too but mostly the hd800 i think.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread