or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 404

post #6046 of 19525
Quote:
 Originally Posted by silversurfer616 View Post

We need an emoticon for "yawning"!

post #6047 of 19525

A Sennheiser rep told me that meier audio sell ex demoed headphones and that the prices on there site are low because they were heavily used in stores and then re-sold. I presume this is ********. Does anyone have any info on this? 

post #6048 of 19525

low!?! i only see the one that sells for EUR 1195, this isn't low

 

this is lower

 

http://www.officinadelsuono.eu/prodotti/cuffie/sennheeiser-hd-800-silver-cuffia-circumaurale/

 

http://www.audioimpact.it/off_sennheiser_hd800.htm


Edited by roskodan - 10/30/13 at 11:05am
post #6049 of 19525
Quote:
Originally Posted by roskodan View Post
 

low!?! i only see the one that sells for EUR 1195, this isn't low

 

this is lower

 

http://www.officinadelsuono.eu/prodotti/cuffie/sennheeiser-hd-800-silver-cuffia-circumaurale/

 

http://www.audioimpact.it/off_sennheiser_hd800.htm

are those legitimate and new? 

post #6050 of 19525

I'm sure any distributor would state that they were 'ex demo' if they were. It wouldn't be worth the risk otherwise. 

post #6051 of 19525

yes, but ask the sellers, cos part of the stock may be demos from their retail store

post #6052 of 19525

Does Jan even have a retail floor?? I seriously doubt he would sell demo units without notifying people. In fact-I know Senn got on him about a year or less ago for selling the HD800 cheap, and had to raise his prices at that time. None of the 2 (3?) I bought from him had any indication that they were anything other than N.I.B.

 

-Daniel

post #6053 of 19525
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post
 

Does Jan even have a retail floor?? I seriously doubt he would sell demo units without notifying people. In fact-I know Senn got on him about a year or less ago for selling the HD800 cheap, and had to raise his prices at that time. None of the 2 (3?) I bought from him had any indication that they were anything other than N.I.B.

 

-Daniel

I presume you are right and that he only sells new ones. I think the Sennheiser rep was talking bull-crap. I am currently trying to find his name. When i do i will make a compliant. 

post #6054 of 19525

Maybe shoot Jan an email too-I'm sure he can probably clarify this-at least I'm sure he's want to set the record straight either way-especially in regards to the rep's comments...

 

-Daniel

post #6055 of 19525

The sliders on my hd800's headband seem to have loosened up a bit over time, and I was curious if anyone has experienced this or knows of a way to tighten them/increase whatever resistance is supposed to prevent inadvertent sliding?  The cups don't ever slide when I'm wearing them, but when I pick them up by the headband, one cup or the other sometimes slides a notch.  Annoying.

post #6056 of 19525
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post
 

Maybe shoot Jan an email too-I'm sure he can probably clarify this-at least I'm sure he's want to set the record straight either way-especially in regards to the rep's comments...

 

-Daniel

I sent an email earlier, waiting on reply. 

post #6057 of 19525
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

A Sennheiser rep told me that meier audio sell ex demoed headphones and that the prices on there site are low because they were heavily used in stores and then re-sold. I presume this is ********. Does anyone have any info on this? 
Lol
post #6058 of 19525

I finally joined the club...

 

 

post #6059 of 19525

very nice.....congrats

post #6060 of 19525
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrahmaDogAlpha View Post
 

I finally joined the club...

 

 

 Which Beyerdynamic is that beside the HD800?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread