Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 395

post #5911 of 18305
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

I should have mine in a few weeks also. I think we did the same thing - T1 then HD800. Im looking forward to having them with the WA2!

Hah! I did too a couple months ago lol. The T1 is still very nice though. Best all-rounder IMO.

post #5912 of 18305
Can anyone comment on the wa6 and how it pairs with the HD800?
post #5913 of 18305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenArcher View Post
 

In my case, HD800 got better so that they get most head time. Btw, using daccord and classic, which one, HD800 or T1, do better with low dynamic range recordings or deal better with recording inherent sibilance?

With the T1 I leave all the settings at neutral, on the HD800 I find the lower tone setting better (less sibilance).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

I should have mine in a few weeks also. I think we did the same thing - T1 then HD800. Im looking forward to having them with the WA2!

The HD800 will fit your head better, as much as I like the T1, I was blown away with the CSN album on High Rez.  I honestly have never heard audio, that I'm familiar with, sound that much better.  I think the bass on T1 is better but outside of that, I am now an HD800 believer.

You need to visit the Head Gear separation thread if you have to wait for the HD800, it is like blessing your HP with special karma.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Hah! I did too a couple months ago lol. The T1 is still very nice though. Best all-rounder IMO.

I love the T1, my take so far 

Bass T1>HD800

Soundstage HD800>T1

Imaging HD800>T1

Comfort T1=HD800

Transparency HD800>T1 Good if well recorded and mastered T1>HD800 less detailed audio 

Mids HD800>T1

Isolation T1>HD800

Tone T1>HD800

Detail HD800>T1 I can honestly say my jaw dropped when I heard an acoustic guitar on the HD800 it felt like sonic magic 

post #5914 of 18305
Quote:
 

The HD800 will fit your head better, as much as I like the T1, I was blown away with the CSN album on High Rez.  I honestly have never heard audio, that I'm familiar with, sound that much better.  I think the bass on T1 is better but outside of that, I am now an HD800 believer.

You need to visit the Head Gear separation thread if you have to wait for the HD800, it is like blessing your HP with special karma.

 

 

LOL. I believe that thread was original setup up because i was separated from my WA2/T1 rig, I posted about missing my t1's on the beyer thread and then focker started that thread. 

post #5915 of 18305
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

 

 

LOL. I believe that thread was original setup up because i was separated from my WA2/T1 rig, I posted about missing my t1's on the beyer thread and then focker started that thread. 

I'm thinking the HD800 may come in quicker with the right karma off that thread :D

 

I received my HD800 in 36 hours, after I complained on the thread that I doubt if I would see them before Mon. 

post #5916 of 18305
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

The HD800 will fit your head better, as much as I like the T1, I was blown away with the CSN album on High Rez.  I honestly have never heard audio, that I'm familiar with, sound that much better.  I think the bass on T1 is better but outside of that, I am now an HD800 believer.

 

 

Precisely  what i think. I prefer T1 to HD800 in terms of bass, other than that HD800 hands down, as much as I like the T1. In terms of fit, HD800 will disappear on your head, whereas T1 has this habit of headband falling slightly down the slider than what I have set earlier.

post #5917 of 18305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenArcher View Post
 

Precisely  what i think. I prefer T1 to HD800 in terms of bass, other than that HD800 hands down, as much as I like the T1. In terms of fit, HD800 will disappear on your head, whereas T1 has this habit of headband falling slightly down the slider than what I have set earlier.

Depends on your head size to be honest; as i have no issues with the T1's moving once you have a good fit - would say HD800 and T1 are on par in that degree; own and enjoy both :D

post #5918 of 18305

subscribed

post #5919 of 18305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenArcher View Post
 

Precisely  what i think. I prefer T1 to HD800 in terms of bass, other than that HD800 hands down, as much as I like the T1. In terms of fit, HD800 will disappear on your head, whereas T1 has this habit of headband falling slightly down the slider than what I have set earlier.

 

I wish there was a way to combine the T1 bass with everything else of the HD800.

post #5920 of 18305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetik View Post
 

 

I wish there was a way to combine the T1 bass with everything else of the HD800.

I got to hear the HD800 through my WA2 and there is no problem with bass. I have the T1 and i thought the bass of the hd800 was warmer and more extended. I only got to hear it for about 40 mins but i will own it soon enough. 

post #5921 of 18305

I've always preferred the HD800s bass as well-but I can't complain about either honestly. The Senn's seem to extend lower and have more texture-the T1's bass a little fuller/rounder. They're both quite nice though...

 

-Daniel


Edited by BournePerfect - 10/12/13 at 1:46pm
post #5922 of 18305
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post
 

I've always preferred the HD800s bass as well-but I can't complain about either honestly. The Senn's seem too extend lower and have more texture-the T1's bass a little fuller/rounder. They're both quite nice though...

 

-Daniel

my feelings exactly.....

post #5923 of 18305
Rumour has it that the new AKG812 combines the best of both worlds!
post #5924 of 18305

Gotta admit I loved the K702's bass from the m-Stage back in the day. Not sure how I'd feel now about that...

 

-Daniel

post #5925 of 18305
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread