thanks guys for the info.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wa22+HD800 and EDM music? Last post on 2/10/15 at 3:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
- listening perspective Last post on 2/9/15 at 12:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser 800HD: Cleaning and Replacement methods Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 392
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have his 3 albums, i prefer the other 2 - "Water" and "Be Good" also i seen him live with Roy Hargrove, it was one of the best gigs that i have ever seen.
amazing stuff - kinda like Donny Hathaway/ Marvin Gaye with lots of jazzy overtones, the vocals are not as smooth as Marvin though.
I've got "Liquid Spirit" and "Be good" and I agree with above statement. Overally fabulous albums and that sounds especially good on HD800 .
Since I have my HD800 I listen massively to Classical and Modern Jazz .. these last days :
... listening to those musics through HD800 is really sublime.
Dire Straights/Mark Knopfler Private Investigations
Radiohead Best Of
Dream Theater's latest self-titled album is pretty sick. Sound quality is also quite good for a non-audiophile, rock album.
HDtracks currently offers a hi-rez version of this album.
You can listen to everything produced on some jazz labels like ECM ou ACT for example but most of recent Jazz recordings sound perfectly with my HD800.
nice! I will be joining you soon.
Now on to a new amp and DAC to do this thing justice... I will probably wait since the wife isn't the happiest with me currently lol.
i need a new dac also - my next purchase
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › V-Moda XS Matte Black Portable Headphones 23 seconds ago
- › 128 vs 320 kbps Test - post pics! 1 minute ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr with Lorenz PCC88 Stuttgart tubes 6 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2