- 7,752 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Chicago!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 7/13/15 at 4:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 8/23/15 at 2:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 378
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Nice to see some love for good ole vintage amps.
This is my latest Pioneer. It sounds very good to me :)
(apologies if you've already seen these pics on another thread)
I have a chance of buying the same amp - impressions?
A very bold sound. But not without detail or balance. A lot of depth, earthy sounding. Treble is rich without nearing any kind of harshness. This is of course with the HD800's plugged in. Its a late 70's Pioneer when they were at their best. I'm not going to try and convince you that it will sound better than a high end hp amp because I'm sure that it won't. But I'd confidently let it compete with anything under $1000.
Most important... The SQ will depend on how good the insides still are :)
Don't pay any-more than $150 (usd) I paid £60 for her above. I spent a lot of time cleaning her up but that's all part of the fun.
Not quite vintage yet, almost 10 years since it came out though. It has that nice vintage look however. I'm currently using it to power my HE-6 until I finish my DIY First Watt F5
Just wondering guys, I see two types of HD800's? One with a silver ring around the small grill on each earcup and one with a blue one? What does this mean? Different ohms? Balanced or single ended?
Okay here is a follow up on my post a couple of pages back. Amazon Japan delivered my new HD800 with the `damaged` box, which they had photographed and sent to me to confirm my order, and which i included in my previous post. These pictures I just took a few minutes ago after the delivery guy left. When I opened the Amazon packing container I realized I had been mislead, as you can see :
The box is not the one in the photos from Amazon, it is pristine and my new HD800 is on my head blowing my mind (the syncopated cowbell in Trombone Shorty`s `Buckjump` sounds like it`s 2 meters behind my chair). So why the reverse scam - offering a fake 30% scratch-and-dent discount ? Probably it has to do with `volume discounts` from distributors to retailers, whereby big sellers reach a point in their inventory where the profit margin they earn for each unit sold becomes less than the discount they can receive from the distributor/manufacturer for ordering more units. It sounds wonky but if you think about it the math could make sense. A couple of years ago I bought an iMac here that was labeled `used` and hugely discounted, however it was clearly unused (everything still factory sealed, no software installed). My friend who works for Apple Japan told me it must have been the result of this kind of discount system. The retailer can easily move the unit out the door by discounting it so much, more than their sales contract allows, and therefor push their inventory statistics into a range which qualify for future discounts/rebates/priority shipping from the distributor/manufacturer. (This could also indicate something new is coming from Senn, and dealers are trying to move the current stock. . . Not that I`m rumor-mongering. )
More importantly, holy crap these headphones are freakin` amazing !
I know that model and it is very highly rated. I'd like to try one some day. Plus it looks very elegant.
Congrats! That theory kind of makes sense as well. Cos they wouldn't be allowed to advertise them at the discounted price.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Minty Blue Headamp Pico Slim 8 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 43 seconds ago
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! 54 seconds ago
- › Aune M2 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 10 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 10 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2