or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 366

post #5476 of 19531
Not to worry even if your drivers are damaged they will replace it for you foc if it's on warranty. Sent mine in 2 months ago for damage drivers and they had it replaced and sent back to my home within a week.
post #5477 of 19531
Quote:
Originally Posted by helljudgement View Post

Not to worry even if your drivers are damaged they will replace it for you foc if it's on warranty. Sent mine in 2 months ago for damage drivers and they had it replaced and sent back to my home within a week.

 

How did the drivers get damaged? Only I haven't read of any occurrences. 

post #5478 of 19531

+1

post #5479 of 19531
There seems to be some issues with static when my hd800 is used together with my wa2. When I plug it into my wa2 it produces static on the left driver and over time that causes the damage on my left driver. When I sent it in for repairs they replace both my drivers and send it back all within a week time. But the static still exist even now and this has never occur on my hd600 before when using it with the wa2 and the hd800 didn't produce any static when plug into the amps on their service centre so till today I have yet to find out what causes this problem so I would appreciate if anyone can share their thoughts on this issue.
Edited by helljudgement - 9/11/13 at 4:18pm
post #5480 of 19531
Quote:
Originally Posted by helljudgement View Post

There seems to be some issues with static when my hd800 is used together with my wa2. When I plug it into my wa2 it produces static on the left driver and over time that causes the damage on my left driver. When I sent it in for repairs they replace both my drivers and send it back all within a week time. But the static still exist even now and this has never occur on my hd600 before when using it with the wa2 and the hd800 didn't produce any static when plug into the amps on their service centre so till today I have yet to find out what causes this problem so I would appreciate if anyone can share their thoughts on this issue.

 

Well it certainly sounds like the WA2 is the culprit IMO.

post #5481 of 19531
Quote:
Originally Posted by helljudgement View Post

There seems to be some issues with static when my hd800 is used together with my wa2. When I plug it into my wa2 it produces static on the left driver and over time that causes the damage on my left driver. When I sent it in for repairs they replace both my drivers and send it back all within a week time. But the static still exist even now and this has never occur on my hd600 before when using it with the wa2 and the hd800 didn't produce any static when plug into the amps on their service centre so till today I have yet to find out what causes this problem so I would appreciate if anyone can share their thoughts on this issue.

My cable went bad, and apparently it's too hard for Sennheiser to also check the cable when you send it in for repairs.

Check it with some other output first I guess, if there is no static there then the cable is the culprit.

post #5482 of 19531
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Well it certainly sounds like the WA2 is the culprit IMO.
I'm reluctant to jump to that conclusion as I've yet to change the cables and from my past experience with other headphones the wa2 has no problem with static. Perhaps I should change cables? Either way there's no cheap solution when it comes to the senns though.
post #5483 of 19531
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelvinV View Post

My cable went bad, and apparently it's too hard for Sennheiser to also check the cable when you send it in for repairs.
Check it with some other output first I guess, if there is no static there then the cable is the culprit.
It's the same case for me when I first send in suspected of cable problem back in June. It seems difficult for them to detect faults on cable. Is yours fixed now?
post #5484 of 19531

Got a Luxman P1u arriving hopefully this weekend or early next week. I'll be comparing it to the WA5-LE for the most part-along with a ton of ZDSE notes. Also have another Eximus arriving tomorrow to help even out my impressions-seeing as that's the dac I used 90% of the time with the ZDSE.

 

-Daniel

post #5485 of 19531
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post
 

Got a Luxman P1u arriving hopefully this weekend or early next week. I'll be comparing it to the WA5-LE for the most part-along with a ton of ZDSE notes. Also have another Eximus arriving tomorrow to help even out my impressions-seeing as that's the dac I used 90% of the time with the ZDSE.

 

-Daniel

 

Next on Head-Fi Reality TV......:D

 

:popcorn:

post #5486 of 19531
So when will your 2A3x4 join the party? Seems some serious comparison review is on the road, yay~
post #5487 of 19531
wow new amp already?
post #5488 of 19531

The Leviathan is still roughly 2-3 months out. As lovely as the WA5-LE is-it isn't really doing it for me soundwise. I do have an Eximus (3rd one lol) arriving tomorrow, should be interesting to see how that pairs with the Woo-my v800 has been excellent in the interim. I've honestly wanted this Luxman for a long while-but they rarely come up used. It's possibly the best ss amp one can get for the HD800-and that is my hope that it will work as an end game ss in that regard. The guy I bought it from prefers it with his HD800 more than the GSX, which isn't surprising, really. Supposed to be fantastic synergy there-can't wait to see how it shakes out.

 

On a somewhat ironic side note-I'm more of a black electronics fan myself-but the Woo, Eximus, and Luxman are all silver and are the best looking components I've owned (judging from P1u pics). Funny that.

 

-Daniel

post #5489 of 19531
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post
 

The Leviathan is still roughly 2-3 months out. As lovely as the WA5-LE is-it isn't really doing it for me soundwise. I do have an Eximus (3rd one lol) arriving tomorrow, should be interesting to see how that pairs with the Woo-my v800 has been excellent in the interim. I've honestly wanted this Luxman for a long while-but they rarely come up used. It's possibly the best ss amp one can get for the HD800-and that is my hope that it will work as an end game ss in that regard. The guy I bought it from prefers it with his HD800 more than the GSX, which isn't surprising, really. Supposed to be fantastic synergy there-can't wait to see how it shakes out.

 

On a somewhat ironic side note-I'm more of a black electronics fan myself-but the Woo, Eximus, and Luxman are all silver and are the best looking components I've owned (judging from P1u pics). Funny that.

 

-Daniel

 

what luxman amp?

post #5490 of 19531
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post

The Leviathan is still roughly 2-3 months out. As lovely as the WA5-LE is-it isn't really doing it for me soundwise. I do have an Eximus (3rd one lol) arriving tomorrow, should be interesting to see how that pairs with the Woo-my v800 has been excellent in the interim. I've honestly wanted this Luxman for a long while-but they rarely come up used. It's possibly the best ss amp one can get for the HD800-and that is my hope that it will work as an end game ss in that regard. The guy I bought it from prefers it with his HD800 more than the GSX, which isn't surprising, really. Supposed to be fantastic synergy there-can't wait to see how it shakes out.

On a somewhat ironic side note-I'm more of a black electronics fan myself-but the Woo, Eximus, and Luxman are all silver and are the best looking components I've owned (judging from P1u pics). Funny that.

-Daniel
The fact that you were able to find a used P1u is rare. The pairing with the HD800 should be excellent. Congrats Dan.
beerchug.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread