Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 337

post #5041 of 18746
AC/DC is fuggin sick..deadhorse.gif
Edited by DarKen23 - 8/27/13 at 8:20pm
post #5042 of 18746


Alien technology bruh..
post #5043 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post



Alien technology bruh..

I've never actually seen the HD800 driver before; it look a lot like Beyerdynamic's Tesla driver.

post #5044 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post






Alien technology bruh..
I've never actually seen the HD800 driver before; it look a lot like Beyerdynamic's Tesla driver.
Or..

















alien technology
post #5045 of 18746

Brah...

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

post #5046 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadbythemelody View Post

Brah...

I lol'd
post #5047 of 18746

LOL

 

 

 

 

post #5048 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadbythemelody View Post

LOL


*








Ok no more, sorry. Stay on topic!

evil_smiley.gif
post #5049 of 18746

Wait...No!!!!!!

 

Everything I believed in...to ashes.

 

 

 

LOL

post #5050 of 18746



Paired my HD800 with the WA6.  I wasn't impressed.  While the dynamics felt more musical, there seems to be a little wanting in power and drive.  I set it to high gain with the volume pot turned up to around 4 o'clock.  
 

I am considering the WA6-SE and so I borrowed the WA6 from a friend.  Is there a significant difference or improvement in power and resolve from the WA6 to the SE version?  

 

 

 

 

 

post #5051 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post


Paired my HD800 with the WA6.  I wasn't impressed.  While the dynamics felt more musical, there seems to be a little wanting in power and drive.  I set it to high gain with the volume pot turned up to around 4 o'clock.  
 

I am considering the WA6-SE and so I borrowed the WA6 from a friend.  Is there a significant difference or improvement in power and resolve from the WA6 to the SE version?  

 

 

The answer is yes. Even though they share the same number, the two are largely different and really aren't comparable. If you have the budget for a WA6-SE, then you will not regret it. Expect significantly more power and a dryer less tubey sound. 

However, it sounds like the WA6 would benefit from some tube rolling, what driver tubes is your friend using? May I suggest the 6SN7s? Or 6GL7s? I never need to go past 1 O'clock on my WA6 with the HD 800 (and that's when I really want to rock it). Usually it's between 10-12 O'clock. 

post #5052 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolaiw View Post

 

The answer is yes. Even though they share the same number, the two are largely different and really aren't comparable. If you have the budget for a WA6-SE, then you will not regret it. Expect significantly more power and a dryer less tubey sound. 

However, it sounds like the WA6 would benefit from some tube rolling, what driver tubes is your friend using? May I suggest the 6SN7s? Or 6GL7s? I never need to go past 1 O'clock on my WA6 with the HD 800 (and that's when I really want to rock it). Usually it's between 10-12 O'clock. 


He uses the Sylvannia tubes.  And while I appreciate the body and extension the tubes give to the highs, the soundstage seems to be shrunk substantially.  

Does the WA6-SE retain the strength of the HD800s?  Or does it shrink the wide and airy soundstage of the Sennheisers also?

post #5053 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post


He uses the Sylvannia tubes.  And while I appreciate the body and extension the tubes give to the highs, the soundstage seems to be shrunk substantially.  

Does the WA6-SE retain the strength of the HD800s?  Or does it shrink the wide and airy soundstage of the Sennheisers also?


I see.... Well I think he should definitely be looking into other tubes if he wants to use the WA6 with the HD800s. If he likes the treble extension then maybe some 7N7s would do the trick (and still keep soundstage wide). 

I can't comment too much on the SE because I've only heard them a few times. The changes I described though were very obvious and apparent, so that's for certain. If you want to know more in depth detail about the HD 800 and WA6-SE, I would pm Dubstep Girl. Her WA6-SE is her baby. tongue.gif

P.s. Nice pictures. Forgot to compliment you on the photos before. biggrin.gif


Edited by scolaiw - 8/28/13 at 5:27am
post #5054 of 18746
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolaiw View Post


I see.... Well I think he should definitely be looking into other tubes if he wants to use the WA6 with the HD800s. If he likes the treble extension then maybe some 7N7s would do the trick (and still keep soundstage wide). 

I can't comment too much on the SE because I've only heard them a few times. The changes I described though were very obvious and apparent, so that's for certain. If you want to know more in depth detail about the HD 800 and WA6-SE, I would pm Dubstep Girl. Her WA6-SE is her baby. tongue.gif

P.s. Nice pictures. Forgot to compliment you on the photos before. biggrin.gif



Thanks for your inputs, sir.

I have already communicated with Dubstep Girl that is why I borrowed the WA6 that she sold to my friend.  On this score, I think I shall do as you advised.  Hope she won't mind the bother.  Once again, thank you for taking your time to reply to my queries. 

post #5055 of 18746
The wa6-se is known for having a wide soundstage. More than my wa2 as well.

The wa6-se never goes past 9-10 o clock with hd 800s its very powerful and capable, its faster and more ss like, but can also get pretty lush with good tube rolling. And you can always use more powerful tubes as well. Even with lcd-2 i found it to be as good as burson soloist/conductor, so it has the power and dynamics
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 8/28/13 at 6:05am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread