Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison / Review: A tale of two flagships – T1 vs HD800 Last post on Today at 3:54 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Personal Review on the Sennheiser ie80 Last post on 11/15/14 at 4:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD800 plus top-notch head amp OR Stax SR-007mk2 & Stax Energiser? Last post on 11/12/14 at 9:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Wine Pairings Last post on 11/8/14 at 9:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can I wash my Sennheiser HD800 earpads? Last post on 11/9/14 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:
S/N 4380 checking in...I bought them as "factory refurbished" from a local shop last May and they sound fantastic. Not sure what exactly was refurbished so I could have newer drivers or maybe not. Either way, I heard them (only pair they had) and had to have them.
I am listening to them with my speaker amp through speaker taps right now and they sound even more fantabulous.
Usually it the amp that cant handle the swing of the recordings. The hd800 us very easy to drive but will scale up with upstream amps. The headphone can handle everything and I have never hear it collapse even on my most demanding albums. I have hdcd recordings that will challenge the most demanding systems and the HD800 always performs. I came from ultra high end 2 channel and had the 15K Genesis V driven by another 20K worth of amps ad preamps and sources and the HD800 satisfy me and very happy with my setup. Keep working at and try different amps and sources and maybe you will find the right combo for you. It takes a bit of time to adjust but I find the experience more intimate and hardly use speakers anymore,
The Lyr is my first personally owned tube amp, also it's the first time I've had to break in tubes. Well I'm around 100hrs in with this pair and it happened. i
Moving beyond the *lame* discussion of serial numbers, I'd like to plug my favorite amp for the HD800 which is the DNA Stratus. The 2a3 is a great complement to the 800s. Directly heated triodes in general seem better than any smaller dual triodes or octals. They allow the 800s to retain their even frequency reponse while fleshing them out both up and down. The precise bones take on great body. The 2a3 is the best I've heard so far- better than the 300b. Next is the 45 when I get my BA redone. Any thoughts?
+1 on the Stratus/HD800. No need to worry too much about serial numbers, mods, or cables. Just plug and play.
Took a peak at it and before I spend that much... I think I would DIY. IMHO when you start to get into point to point wired gear... tweaking to your preference is key. Are there any circuit board designed amps out there that are even in the same ballpark as this amp?
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › iBasso PB-2 Pelican fully balanced portable, DB-2 Dac . . HiFlight... 5 seconds ago
- › Sneaker-Fi (or Shoe-Fi) 33 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 43 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 5 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)