Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2 hour A/B session Last post on 8/14/14 at 9:46am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audeze Q-Audio 6.5 ft cable with 1/8 TRS termination and an HD800 adapter Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:26am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 8/18/14 at 12:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a **LOUD** DAC/AMP for HD800s Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:
S/N 4380 checking in...I bought them as "factory refurbished" from a local shop last May and they sound fantastic. Not sure what exactly was refurbished so I could have newer drivers or maybe not. Either way, I heard them (only pair they had) and had to have them.
I am listening to them with my speaker amp through speaker taps right now and they sound even more fantabulous.
Usually it the amp that cant handle the swing of the recordings. The hd800 us very easy to drive but will scale up with upstream amps. The headphone can handle everything and I have never hear it collapse even on my most demanding albums. I have hdcd recordings that will challenge the most demanding systems and the HD800 always performs. I came from ultra high end 2 channel and had the 15K Genesis V driven by another 20K worth of amps ad preamps and sources and the HD800 satisfy me and very happy with my setup. Keep working at and try different amps and sources and maybe you will find the right combo for you. It takes a bit of time to adjust but I find the experience more intimate and hardly use speakers anymore,
The Lyr is my first personally owned tube amp, also it's the first time I've had to break in tubes. Well I'm around 100hrs in with this pair and it happened. i
Moving beyond the *lame* discussion of serial numbers, I'd like to plug my favorite amp for the HD800 which is the DNA Stratus. The 2a3 is a great complement to the 800s. Directly heated triodes in general seem better than any smaller dual triodes or octals. They allow the 800s to retain their even frequency reponse while fleshing them out both up and down. The precise bones take on great body. The 2a3 is the best I've heard so far- better than the 300b. Next is the 45 when I get my BA redone. Any thoughts?
+1 on the Stratus/HD800. No need to worry too much about serial numbers, mods, or cables. Just plug and play.
Took a peak at it and before I spend that much... I think I would DIY. IMHO when you start to get into point to point wired gear... tweaking to your preference is key. Are there any circuit board designed amps out there that are even in the same ballpark as this amp?
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What "house sound" annoys you the most? 22 seconds ago
- › [Impression] FiiO E07K ‘Andes’ 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Bass friendly headphones for electronic music to compliment... 2 minutes ago
- › KEF M500 headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)