Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wa22+HD800 and EDM music? Last post on 2/10/15 at 3:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
- listening perspective Last post on 2/9/15 at 12:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser 800HD: Cleaning and Replacement methods Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:
S/N 4380 checking in...I bought them as "factory refurbished" from a local shop last May and they sound fantastic. Not sure what exactly was refurbished so I could have newer drivers or maybe not. Either way, I heard them (only pair they had) and had to have them.
I am listening to them with my speaker amp through speaker taps right now and they sound even more fantabulous.
Usually it the amp that cant handle the swing of the recordings. The hd800 us very easy to drive but will scale up with upstream amps. The headphone can handle everything and I have never hear it collapse even on my most demanding albums. I have hdcd recordings that will challenge the most demanding systems and the HD800 always performs. I came from ultra high end 2 channel and had the 15K Genesis V driven by another 20K worth of amps ad preamps and sources and the HD800 satisfy me and very happy with my setup. Keep working at and try different amps and sources and maybe you will find the right combo for you. It takes a bit of time to adjust but I find the experience more intimate and hardly use speakers anymore,
The Lyr is my first personally owned tube amp, also it's the first time I've had to break in tubes. Well I'm around 100hrs in with this pair and it happened. i
Moving beyond the *lame* discussion of serial numbers, I'd like to plug my favorite amp for the HD800 which is the DNA Stratus. The 2a3 is a great complement to the 800s. Directly heated triodes in general seem better than any smaller dual triodes or octals. They allow the 800s to retain their even frequency reponse while fleshing them out both up and down. The precise bones take on great body. The 2a3 is the best I've heard so far- better than the 300b. Next is the 45 when I get my BA redone. Any thoughts?
+1 on the Stratus/HD800. No need to worry too much about serial numbers, mods, or cables. Just plug and play.
Took a peak at it and before I spend that much... I think I would DIY. IMHO when you start to get into point to point wired gear... tweaking to your preference is key. Are there any circuit board designed amps out there that are even in the same ballpark as this amp?
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › T-Peos Altone 200 IEM's 34 seconds ago
- › Sony walkman Tips and Tricks 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › RHA MA-750i Review 3 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2