I'm thinking that Sennheiser produce lot of drivers, that some some variation naturally occurs, but then they try to isolate a couple of divers that are well matched to create a hd800 .
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- How come if a Headphone has deep and strong bass is not considered a 'audiofile headphone... Last post on 9/10/14 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on Yesterday at 11:37 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SRS-4170 system vs HD 800 vs LCD3 Last post on 8/29/14 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Irish Still Make Headphones? Last post on 9/2/14 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2 hour A/B session Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So it's after S/N 19000 ... hmm.. interesting.. please someone send theirs for measurement to Tyll or anybody capable. I'm still in honeymoon tho
Highest that Purrin tested was 15xxxx?
I guess I'm joinin team "Doesn't get much better than HD 800 S/N > 19000"
I don't expect my HD 800 to be this good.. but this bass makes it very fun headphone.. nice PRAT. And there is no treble peak, no fatigue
My pair are either in the 500s or 600s. It was from the first batch they ever shipped. THAT's old hat.
Mine is 153XX and it is all of the above also. I was expecting a very sterile headphone and what I got is more fun than any other headphone I've owned. The music just sounds right and is very dynamic.
I was really expecting to send the HD800 back and purchase another HE-500 or LCD-2 but the HD800 isn't going anywhere!
Nope. Now using a brighter DAC and more laid back amp and still ended up with a bass monster that is dynamic... go figure.
Rig at that time was W4S DAC-2 and Apex Peak w/ a Sylvania Bad Boy.
I have the W4S DAC-2 and the Decware CSP2+ with SN 20521 and it has great slam. I have not heard any of the early versions, This is the best system I have had so far and I am really happy (Of course I do have the Taboo Mk III on order.. )
I waiting for my copper cable to come in and will be able to hear for myself just how gimp or not the stock cable is.
It has a lot to do with your reviews... I've never heard it, but like the Bryston brand in general, doubt I'll be disappointed. I use their dac and preamp on one of the systems at work and love them.
Uncle Erik bought his pair very shortly after I got mine and was also in the first production run. His had slightly more bass than my pair but had slightly less detail and soundstage width. So I doubt it has anything to do with new serial numbers vs. old ones. All drivers will have some variance and that is why Sennheiser matches driver pairs to within half a decibel.
Unless they have a new supplier of materials for their ring radiator driver, I highly doubt there are such great sonic differences between the serial numbers.
My serial number is 00852 and I don't want anything else.
Out of the WA6 with a Cardas cable they are soooo much better than my LCD2Rev2.....the bass has control and slam;the 3D soundstage is like AVATAR for the ears and soon I will get some Norse adapter to use them balanced with my ALO chainmail on a Phoenix.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audioquest VSD-5 Coaxial 2M 25 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 56 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-29 (Single Ended Master Race lol) 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 4 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)