I'm thinking that Sennheiser produce lot of drivers, that some some variation naturally occurs, but then they try to isolate a couple of divers that are well matched to create a hd800 .
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wa22+HD800 and EDM music? Last post on 2/10/15 at 3:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
- listening perspective Last post on 2/9/15 at 12:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser 800HD: Cleaning and Replacement methods Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So it's after S/N 19000 ... hmm.. interesting.. please someone send theirs for measurement to Tyll or anybody capable. I'm still in honeymoon tho
Highest that Purrin tested was 15xxxx?
I guess I'm joinin team "Doesn't get much better than HD 800 S/N > 19000"
I don't expect my HD 800 to be this good.. but this bass makes it very fun headphone.. nice PRAT. And there is no treble peak, no fatigue
My pair are either in the 500s or 600s. It was from the first batch they ever shipped. THAT's old hat.
Mine is 153XX and it is all of the above also. I was expecting a very sterile headphone and what I got is more fun than any other headphone I've owned. The music just sounds right and is very dynamic.
I was really expecting to send the HD800 back and purchase another HE-500 or LCD-2 but the HD800 isn't going anywhere!
Nope. Now using a brighter DAC and more laid back amp and still ended up with a bass monster that is dynamic... go figure.
Rig at that time was W4S DAC-2 and Apex Peak w/ a Sylvania Bad Boy.
I have the W4S DAC-2 and the Decware CSP2+ with SN 20521 and it has great slam. I have not heard any of the early versions, This is the best system I have had so far and I am really happy (Of course I do have the Taboo Mk III on order.. )
I waiting for my copper cable to come in and will be able to hear for myself just how gimp or not the stock cable is.
It has a lot to do with your reviews... I've never heard it, but like the Bryston brand in general, doubt I'll be disappointed. I use their dac and preamp on one of the systems at work and love them.
Uncle Erik bought his pair very shortly after I got mine and was also in the first production run. His had slightly more bass than my pair but had slightly less detail and soundstage width. So I doubt it has anything to do with new serial numbers vs. old ones. All drivers will have some variance and that is why Sennheiser matches driver pairs to within half a decibel.
Unless they have a new supplier of materials for their ring radiator driver, I highly doubt there are such great sonic differences between the serial numbers.
My serial number is 00852 and I don't want anything else.
Out of the WA6 with a Cardas cable they are soooo much better than my LCD2Rev2.....the bass has control and slam;the 3D soundstage is like AVATAR for the ears and soon I will get some Norse adapter to use them balanced with my ALO chainmail on a Phoenix.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Is Presonus HP4 an acceptable amp for high-end headphones like HD600? 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 7 minutes ago
- › Size Matters - Earpad hole measurements for Over-ear Headphones.... 8 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2