Headfonia, that's all you need to know.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wa22+HD800 and EDM music? Last post on 2/10/15 at 3:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
- listening perspective Last post on 2/9/15 at 12:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser 800HD: Cleaning and Replacement methods Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 229
Gear mentioned in this thread:
has anyone tried WA2/decware i wonder what that would be like? Could the decware be used as a preamp for the WA2 and vice versa?
My problem with the combo is for the money you could have gotten an EC ZD, 2A3, DNA Stratus, Woo WA5LE which may or may not be as good but my gut says they likely are. Ie I'd rather have the GS-X mk2 than a GS-1 that runs into a B22 ;)
I have found that I disagree with Mike on many things when reading his reviews. IMO, he's not a good reference.
reading all that makes me really want to get a ZDSE...maybe when i get the th-900 later this year, i'll look into it....
Having a great day with CC Colletti on the WA5 and Oppo Dac with the hd800. This amp is outstanding with the hd800. Soundstage is pin point focused and the EML tubes are man oh man
It's just funny cuz songmic was pming about the ZDSE/HD800 combo for quite a while, and it was kind of hard to explain why I loved it so much. Bottom line was it took me a while to grasp how amazing the ZDSE is-it's all those subtle nuances that work together to create...magic. It seems to do everything so perfectly that it was hard to tell where it's strengths lied, then you realize it has no glaring weaknesses and that it's strengths lie with musicality and emotion-but not at the expense of technicalities. The technicalities are there for sure-but the emotion and music are what the focus lies on, if that makes sense.
How come my impressions of the HD800 with my SPL Phonitor are sometimes underwhelming,
somewhat inconsistent ?
With some records (LP's or CD's), music is there, rich and delineated. On some others, though,
I have an impression of muffled tones, a veil blunting the piano notes, for instance.
When compared with my HP system (Cochet PS1 + ALS1 + modded Klipschorn), I have total consistency and a lot of transparency
and dynamics on one side, and much more "hi-fi" audiophile sound on the other, which I hate, because it's not what music is about.
Does it mean I'm more a Grado HP1000 boy ? Is there a cure ?
Edited by quantx - 6/26/13 at 11:08am
I knew some distinguished headfier would say that.
I'm talking about the same records on both set-up.
Example : Rite of Spring/Ansermet/Suisse Romande/Decca. Outstanding recording in public.
Finally got my HD800 finished:
Thanks to LFF and pwnm30rdi3 of ReferenceSounds
Probably the first non ColorWare job, great alternative to those of us who like to pay for things to be a different color.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 44 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo (Silver new chassis) SOLD 58 seconds ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › What are head-fi members views on apt-x lossless codec (over... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 6 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 7 minutes ago
- › Louisiana State University HeadFi-ers? 11 minutes ago
- › Computer Audiophile Set Up 11 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 11 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2