Headfonia, that's all you need to know.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wa22+HD800 and EDM music? Last post on 2/10/15 at 3:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
- listening perspective Last post on 2/9/15 at 12:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser 800HD: Cleaning and Replacement methods Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 229
Gear mentioned in this thread:
has anyone tried WA2/decware i wonder what that would be like? Could the decware be used as a preamp for the WA2 and vice versa?
My problem with the combo is for the money you could have gotten an EC ZD, 2A3, DNA Stratus, Woo WA5LE which may or may not be as good but my gut says they likely are. Ie I'd rather have the GS-X mk2 than a GS-1 that runs into a B22 ;)
I have found that I disagree with Mike on many things when reading his reviews. IMO, he's not a good reference.
reading all that makes me really want to get a ZDSE...maybe when i get the th-900 later this year, i'll look into it....
Having a great day with CC Colletti on the WA5 and Oppo Dac with the hd800. This amp is outstanding with the hd800. Soundstage is pin point focused and the EML tubes are man oh man
It's just funny cuz songmic was pming about the ZDSE/HD800 combo for quite a while, and it was kind of hard to explain why I loved it so much. Bottom line was it took me a while to grasp how amazing the ZDSE is-it's all those subtle nuances that work together to create...magic. It seems to do everything so perfectly that it was hard to tell where it's strengths lied, then you realize it has no glaring weaknesses and that it's strengths lie with musicality and emotion-but not at the expense of technicalities. The technicalities are there for sure-but the emotion and music are what the focus lies on, if that makes sense.
How come my impressions of the HD800 with my SPL Phonitor are sometimes underwhelming,
somewhat inconsistent ?
With some records (LP's or CD's), music is there, rich and delineated. On some others, though,
I have an impression of muffled tones, a veil blunting the piano notes, for instance.
When compared with my HP system (Cochet PS1 + ALS1 + modded Klipschorn), I have total consistency and a lot of transparency
and dynamics on one side, and much more "hi-fi" audiophile sound on the other, which I hate, because it's not what music is about.
Does it mean I'm more a Grado HP1000 boy ? Is there a cure ?
Edited by quantx - 6/26/13 at 11:08am
I knew some distinguished headfier would say that.
I'm talking about the same records on both set-up.
Example : Rite of Spring/Ansermet/Suisse Romande/Decca. Outstanding recording in public.
Finally got my HD800 finished:
Thanks to LFF and pwnm30rdi3 of ReferenceSounds
Probably the first non ColorWare job, great alternative to those of us who like to pay for things to be a different color.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › DT770 pro 80's broke, confidence lost in Beyer...advice please 3 minutes ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet Vol. 3 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2015 (April 18,... 3 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2