Hmm HDVD800 or something else?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2 hour A/B session Last post on 8/14/14 at 9:46am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audeze Q-Audio 6.5 ft cable with 1/8 TRS termination and an HD800 adapter Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:26am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 8/18/14 at 12:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a **LOUD** DAC/AMP for HD800s Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 151
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Something else. I heard the HDVD800 with HD800s at the last meet but wasn't too impressed. I also am concerned how it sounds with other headphones but didn't get the chance to dig into this. Off the top of my mind Burson Soloist. :)
That's both funny and too true!
I am currently using both the Decware CSP2+ and Taboo MK III with the HD800's.
Decware ( www.decware.com ) is an Illinois based manufacturer of high end audio gear. All hand made with point to point wiring.
The Bottlehead Crack is a DIY tube amplifier made in WA state ( www.bottlehead.com ) I have never heard this amp, but it has a stellar reputation for sound quality at a great price. I know it is considered, along with the Decware CSP2+, as two of the finest HD650 amps you can buy.
The Decware CSP2+ is primarily a Pre-amp. I has a HP jack so it can be used with HP's without a separate amp. It was my primary amp for the HD800's for the last year. The new Taboo MK III is primarily an amp, but can also be used as an integrated amp as it does have 2 inputs for signal. You can connect your source to the CSP2+ and then connect the CSP2+ to the Taboo and use the volume control of the CSP2+ the manage output for the combined units.
I find the combo to have more authority and weight than either unit individually so I am using them in tandem.
wow how did i miss that site? i play guitar also - getting together on thursday with a friend who is going to show me the basics for putting together a tube amp. spotted the little 5 watt on that website. looks gorgeous! i see you have the wired for sound dac aswell hidden away on the second shelf while i only have an rcam . i need to upgrade
For me the HD800. The T1 I had was way brighter and edgier in the treble and the mids were not nearly as nice as on the HD800. My HD800 is awesome.
And YES. I also like even the HD650 better than the T1. I first "upgraded" from the HD650 to the T1 but I really did not dig the sound. Then I tried out the HE-500. Better but the HD650 was still more to my liking. But oddly, I enjoy the HD800 quite much. I've had it for a couple of weeks and probably will keep it. The FIRST REAL upgrade from the HD650. Still there are things the HD650 does better than the HD800 (female vocals, euphonic man), but in everything else, HD800 is king.
I originally got the T1 first because I heard that the HD800 was worse with treble. But that wasn't true. The treble on the HD800 is quite nice (I use the V-dac II which is quite mellow and the Lake People G100 amp). There was one thing where the T1 excelled and that was dynamics.
Edited by maarek99 - 4/29/13 at 2:55pm
In the brief time I listened to the T1 (balanced out of a tube amp and single ended out of an ss amp), I thought it was quite muddy compared to the HD800. Then again, everything sounds muddy to me right after listening to the HD800s. I thought the bass of the T1s wasn't very tight and overwhelmed the other frequencies. I didn't hear any sibilance, though. Seems that the impressions are all over the place for the T1s. Mids and treble were decent, though. I like the design of the Beyers as well.
Nothing touches the HD800s for soundstage and detail for me. Classical is now unlistenable on any other headphone.
I was fortunate to have the HE-6s in for a listen for several days. I liked them very much, and thought they were driven quite well by my amp. I liked the tonal balance, but I still liked the soundstage and air of the HD800s more.
I wish I had the money and space to have a whole collection. I'd definitely have the HE-6 in the stable.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado SR80e vs Beyerdynamic dt880 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Grado PS500s (new Grado's) 3 minutes ago
- › DAC-X10: Worthy Budget 32/384 ES9018 Rig? 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)