Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wa22+HD800 and EDM music? Last post on 2/10/15 at 3:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
- listening perspective Last post on 2/9/15 at 12:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser 800HD: Cleaning and Replacement methods Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 151
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Something else. I heard the HDVD800 with HD800s at the last meet but wasn't too impressed. I also am concerned how it sounds with other headphones but didn't get the chance to dig into this. Off the top of my mind Burson Soloist. :)
That's both funny and too true!
I am currently using both the Decware CSP2+ and Taboo MK III with the HD800's.
Decware ( www.decware.com ) is an Illinois based manufacturer of high end audio gear. All hand made with point to point wiring.
The Bottlehead Crack is a DIY tube amplifier made in WA state ( www.bottlehead.com ) I have never heard this amp, but it has a stellar reputation for sound quality at a great price. I know it is considered, along with the Decware CSP2+, as two of the finest HD650 amps you can buy.
The Decware CSP2+ is primarily a Pre-amp. I has a HP jack so it can be used with HP's without a separate amp. It was my primary amp for the HD800's for the last year. The new Taboo MK III is primarily an amp, but can also be used as an integrated amp as it does have 2 inputs for signal. You can connect your source to the CSP2+ and then connect the CSP2+ to the Taboo and use the volume control of the CSP2+ the manage output for the combined units.
I find the combo to have more authority and weight than either unit individually so I am using them in tandem.
wow how did i miss that site? i play guitar also - getting together on thursday with a friend who is going to show me the basics for putting together a tube amp. spotted the little 5 watt on that website. looks gorgeous! i see you have the wired for sound dac aswell hidden away on the second shelf while i only have an rcam . i need to upgrade
For me the HD800. The T1 I had was way brighter and edgier in the treble and the mids were not nearly as nice as on the HD800. My HD800 is awesome.
And YES. I also like even the HD650 better than the T1. I first "upgraded" from the HD650 to the T1 but I really did not dig the sound. Then I tried out the HE-500. Better but the HD650 was still more to my liking. But oddly, I enjoy the HD800 quite much. I've had it for a couple of weeks and probably will keep it. The FIRST REAL upgrade from the HD650. Still there are things the HD650 does better than the HD800 (female vocals, euphonic man), but in everything else, HD800 is king.
I originally got the T1 first because I heard that the HD800 was worse with treble. But that wasn't true. The treble on the HD800 is quite nice (I use the V-dac II which is quite mellow and the Lake People G100 amp). There was one thing where the T1 excelled and that was dynamics.
Edited by maarek99 - 4/29/13 at 2:55pm
In the brief time I listened to the T1 (balanced out of a tube amp and single ended out of an ss amp), I thought it was quite muddy compared to the HD800. Then again, everything sounds muddy to me right after listening to the HD800s. I thought the bass of the T1s wasn't very tight and overwhelmed the other frequencies. I didn't hear any sibilance, though. Seems that the impressions are all over the place for the T1s. Mids and treble were decent, though. I like the design of the Beyers as well.
Nothing touches the HD800s for soundstage and detail for me. Classical is now unlistenable on any other headphone.
I was fortunate to have the HE-6s in for a listen for several days. I liked them very much, and thought they were driven quite well by my amp. I liked the tonal balance, but I still liked the soundstage and air of the HD800s more.
I wish I had the money and space to have a whole collection. I'd definitely have the HE-6 in the stable.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Schiit Owners Unite 35 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › [PROBLEMS] V-Moda M100 + Asus Xonar DGX 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Computer Audiophile Set Up 2 minutes ago
- › What do you call this component in the headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2