- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- They might be Kings: Focal Utopia, Sony MDR-Z1R, HiFiMan HE1000 V2 and MrSpeakers Ether Flow... Last post on Today at 3:27 am in Currawong
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 2/26/17 at 8:57am in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 128
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What tube amps?
You sound like you want to apologize for prefering the Phoenix. The HD800's can be superb with a good SS amp. Even run single ended they sound excellent out of my Master-6 and that's with rock & metal.
I use to have the Woo6se and Audio-gd Roc and found they played on a similar level so the Pheonix should be a clear step up on the W6.
It is because the Woo has "SEX APPEAL" and is not just a big(two actually)black box which doesn' arouse me at all!
Now you are just being kinky
Yes, I'd love to see a GS-1 Mk2 with the new modules and (half) the beefier power supply in the future but I realize Justin has his plate full enough keeping up with demand of GS-X and BHSE. I suspect if he did re-introduce it would sell like hotcakes as well.
Can't argue with this one. The Audio-GD stuff is not best looking out there. My SA-31 kind of looks akward next to my svelte Nuwave
another night of enjoying the HD 800, i'm starting to like it more and more....
the LCD-2 and HE-500 are kinda falling behind compared to my listening time with T1/HD800.
im finding the bass on the HD 800 and T1 to be quite addictive too....
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 4/15/13 at 4:25am
ZDSE is ss sounding in that it doesn't give up the best strengths of ss: detailed, fast, dynamic. It clobbers most of them in terms of microdynamics and soundstage, and simply put sounds absolutely magical with many headphones, especially the HD 800 and TH 900 ime. I wouldn't dare say say it rolls off the highs (tube dependant of course), it is just as detailed and fast as any ss I've had, and the nasty sibilance I've heard on my 3 HD 800s on EVERY ss amp I tried, simply vanishes. Bottom line, it isn't warm or lush, it's SILK.
what hd800 serial numbers do you have?
did you notice any variance?
Kinda the same for me as well. As of right now the HD800 made it's way past the LCD-3 It's a fight for third place now. LCD-3 / T1s
3. LCD-3 or T1
i can see myself selling HE-500 and LCD-2 and getting LCD-3 in the future.
i just love the crystal clear sound the T1/HD 800 have, their transparency, soundstage, and detail.
That'll be a good move to make IMO...
I have a new one 189xx but also heard an older version (063xx) and did not find any differences on the source.
I do not believe there are differences in the new versions. I think people heard them a while back on different sources and now on better ones and think the differences come from changes in the headphones. In my case I knew it was the exact same one on both sources.
Edited by dan.gheorghe - 4/15/13 at 10:09am
Roughly 15xxx, 17xxx, and now 19xxx. To my ears they have all sounded the same, they simply change based on changing the rest of the equipment. Even supposed smooth sounding ss amps all have a slight thinness and sibilance compared to the ZDSE, although the Zana doesn't give up really anything technically to them.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 15 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 19 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 27 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 34 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chromecast audio - can anyone comment on sound quality? 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 2 minutes ago
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear