- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 11/28/16 at 10:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 128
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What tube amps?
You sound like you want to apologize for prefering the Phoenix. The HD800's can be superb with a good SS amp. Even run single ended they sound excellent out of my Master-6 and that's with rock & metal.
I use to have the Woo6se and Audio-gd Roc and found they played on a similar level so the Pheonix should be a clear step up on the W6.
It is because the Woo has "SEX APPEAL" and is not just a big(two actually)black box which doesn' arouse me at all!
Now you are just being kinky
Yes, I'd love to see a GS-1 Mk2 with the new modules and (half) the beefier power supply in the future but I realize Justin has his plate full enough keeping up with demand of GS-X and BHSE. I suspect if he did re-introduce it would sell like hotcakes as well.
Can't argue with this one. The Audio-GD stuff is not best looking out there. My SA-31 kind of looks akward next to my svelte Nuwave
another night of enjoying the HD 800, i'm starting to like it more and more....
the LCD-2 and HE-500 are kinda falling behind compared to my listening time with T1/HD800.
im finding the bass on the HD 800 and T1 to be quite addictive too....
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 4/15/13 at 4:25am
ZDSE is ss sounding in that it doesn't give up the best strengths of ss: detailed, fast, dynamic. It clobbers most of them in terms of microdynamics and soundstage, and simply put sounds absolutely magical with many headphones, especially the HD 800 and TH 900 ime. I wouldn't dare say say it rolls off the highs (tube dependant of course), it is just as detailed and fast as any ss I've had, and the nasty sibilance I've heard on my 3 HD 800s on EVERY ss amp I tried, simply vanishes. Bottom line, it isn't warm or lush, it's SILK.
what hd800 serial numbers do you have?
did you notice any variance?
Kinda the same for me as well. As of right now the HD800 made it's way past the LCD-3 It's a fight for third place now. LCD-3 / T1s
3. LCD-3 or T1
i can see myself selling HE-500 and LCD-2 and getting LCD-3 in the future.
i just love the crystal clear sound the T1/HD 800 have, their transparency, soundstage, and detail.
That'll be a good move to make IMO...
I have a new one 189xx but also heard an older version (063xx) and did not find any differences on the source.
I do not believe there are differences in the new versions. I think people heard them a while back on different sources and now on better ones and think the differences come from changes in the headphones. In my case I knew it was the exact same one on both sources.
Edited by dan.gheorghe - 4/15/13 at 10:09am
Roughly 15xxx, 17xxx, and now 19xxx. To my ears they have all sounded the same, they simply change based on changing the rest of the equipment. Even supposed smooth sounding ss amps all have a slight thinness and sibilance compared to the ZDSE, although the Zana doesn't give up really anything technically to them.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › PROJECT WA5++: Guess what?! Something amazing coming ...... 33 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of... 3 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 9 minutes ago
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear