Wow... I need to hook you up with this guy I know named Jason.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I really need help from the savvy veteran knowledgeable guys here Last post on 1/18/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- So my first "non-cheapo" cans were.... Last post on 1/21/15 at 11:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: An "artistic" comparison between the PS1Ke and the HD800 Last post on 1/8/15 at 3:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawer: AKG K512, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, and some more that I can't...
Introduction This is a review of the Superlux hd 681 Evo, Version II. It is my first review on Head-Fi, so bear with me. The particular Evo under review here has roughly 40 hrs of burn-in time...
I Background, gear used and manifesto I first got interested in the ECP Black Diamond around the time of its release. I was in the market for a “flagship” amp but still didn’t know what type of...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 856
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Dude, If you want speakers giving you some of the details you get from HD800 you should avoid passive speakers.
Only good active speakers can compeer with headphones, even though it's not quite fair comparing them.
And the best part is a good active speakers is often a lot cheaper than those old crap passive speakers the hifi industry try to trick you to buy.
I've heard some awesome passive speakers to be honest, Paradigm, Monitor Audio, Totem, etc. Quad and Epos are supposed to be good too, up there with Totem. I'm a lot more picky with speakers than headphones though, maybe that's why I like passive speakers... I don't settle with the mass marketed speakers that most sites/magazines push like Polk, Klipsch, JBL, etc.
Edited by ToddTheMetalGod - 8/9/14 at 6:13am
Nice review and comparison. Pretty much spot on based my my previous experience. The only reason I went to the HD800 is that I got a kick-butt deal on them (dealer cost through a friend). I could truly have stopped at the HD700 and Bifrost/Lyr combo and saved myself thousands in upgrades trying to find a suitable HD800 system. Not regretting moving to the HD800 at all. In fact, it's the longest I've owned a pair of HP's and they're here to stay.
I had the hd 700 for one week. There just wasn't much of anything I liked about them. The lyr didn't make them any better...maybe worse. I guess that we all hear things differently.
I would suggest Questyle CMA800R as the ultimate amplifier, but is a little more than 700$
I have used one with hd800 and It was a killer combo.
As a bonus it doesn't cost that much.
Todd, I would have stayed alway from the 800 if the budget was one of your concerns. You're just going to run into people recommending expensive amps and dacs constantly. It's an ego contest on this thread, there is a pattern you will obviously notice here. I would have suggested HE-6 with used speaker amp for a high quality on the cheap, but good luck on the your 800 ventures as it turned out 800 wan't my cup of tea.
If I wanted to get into an ego contest I would've bought some $1600 floor standing speakers . Fighting over who has the most expensive headphone gear is like fighting over who has the most expensive go-kart . There are always people with BMW's, Lambourghini's, etc .
Thanks, I hope I'll enjoy them. I want to make this the end of my audio journey for a while. In a few years when I move somewhere larger and have more income I plan to get back into audio with high end speakers. Hopefully an HD800 setup will satisfy me until then .
Edit: Maybe I should get a Violectric V200 and be done with it. You guys are corrupting me and draining my wallet .
Edited by ToddTheMetalGod - 8/9/14 at 9:27am
I have a few of the boys over today. We are testing the 800's on the Valhalla 2 and HA-1. Everything fed from the NAD m51. The Val2 has only warmed up for about 30 minutes. Just plugged the 800's into for the first. And...very interesting.
Sounded quite good though.
If I had do it over Again I guess I would have picked up 02 combo or Asus one or something in that genre, I have a feeling that maybe HD800
Don't need than much power. I had a bad experience with Schiit Mjolnir so I just don't trust any of there products, but that's just me, lots
Of people seem to love that brand.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › The importance of the Dynamic Range Database? Maximum score? 1 second ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 33 seconds ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 52 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman RE-0 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Appreciation Club ( Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?) 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica EW9 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)