Wow... I need to hook you up with this guy I know named Jason.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Inside Sennheiser Factory,How the HD800 are made. Last post on 12/22/14 at 1:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audiophiles are bassheads in some degree? Last post on 12/22/14 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 12/10/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Factory Tour Last post on 12/4/14 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Where is the sweet spot for quality headphones? Last post on 12/2/14 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 856
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Dude, If you want speakers giving you some of the details you get from HD800 you should avoid passive speakers.
Only good active speakers can compeer with headphones, even though it's not quite fair comparing them.
And the best part is a good active speakers is often a lot cheaper than those old crap passive speakers the hifi industry try to trick you to buy.
I've heard some awesome passive speakers to be honest, Paradigm, Monitor Audio, Totem, etc. Quad and Epos are supposed to be good too, up there with Totem. I'm a lot more picky with speakers than headphones though, maybe that's why I like passive speakers... I don't settle with the mass marketed speakers that most sites/magazines push like Polk, Klipsch, JBL, etc.
Edited by ToddTheMetalGod - 8/9/14 at 6:13am
Nice review and comparison. Pretty much spot on based my my previous experience. The only reason I went to the HD800 is that I got a kick-butt deal on them (dealer cost through a friend). I could truly have stopped at the HD700 and Bifrost/Lyr combo and saved myself thousands in upgrades trying to find a suitable HD800 system. Not regretting moving to the HD800 at all. In fact, it's the longest I've owned a pair of HP's and they're here to stay.
I had the hd 700 for one week. There just wasn't much of anything I liked about them. The lyr didn't make them any better...maybe worse. I guess that we all hear things differently.
I would suggest Questyle CMA800R as the ultimate amplifier, but is a little more than 700$
I have used one with hd800 and It was a killer combo.
As a bonus it doesn't cost that much.
Todd, I would have stayed alway from the 800 if the budget was one of your concerns. You're just going to run into people recommending expensive amps and dacs constantly. It's an ego contest on this thread, there is a pattern you will obviously notice here. I would have suggested HE-6 with used speaker amp for a high quality on the cheap, but good luck on the your 800 ventures as it turned out 800 wan't my cup of tea.
If I wanted to get into an ego contest I would've bought some $1600 floor standing speakers . Fighting over who has the most expensive headphone gear is like fighting over who has the most expensive go-kart . There are always people with BMW's, Lambourghini's, etc .
Thanks, I hope I'll enjoy them. I want to make this the end of my audio journey for a while. In a few years when I move somewhere larger and have more income I plan to get back into audio with high end speakers. Hopefully an HD800 setup will satisfy me until then .
Edit: Maybe I should get a Violectric V200 and be done with it. You guys are corrupting me and draining my wallet .
Edited by ToddTheMetalGod - 8/9/14 at 9:27am
I have a few of the boys over today. We are testing the 800's on the Valhalla 2 and HA-1. Everything fed from the NAD m51. The Val2 has only warmed up for about 30 minutes. Just plugged the 800's into for the first. And...very interesting.
Sounded quite good though.
If I had do it over Again I guess I would have picked up 02 combo or Asus one or something in that genre, I have a feeling that maybe HD800
Don't need than much power. I had a bad experience with Schiit Mjolnir so I just don't trust any of there products, but that's just me, lots
Of people seem to love that brand.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 3: Show a little leg. What is... 2 minutes ago
- › First headphones Q701, K712, HD600, HD650 ? 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Tokyo Headphone Festival presented by FUJIYA AVIC, October 25-26,... 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › headphones in dorm 6 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 7 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)