Wow... I need to hook you up with this guy I know named Jason.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- How come if a Headphone has deep and strong bass is not considered a 'audiofile headphone... Last post on 9/10/14 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/12/14 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Irish Still Make Headphones? Last post on 9/2/14 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2 hour A/B session Last post on 9/6/14 at 2:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audeze Q-Audio 6.5 ft cable with 1/8 TRS termination and an HD800 adapter Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:26am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 856
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Dude, If you want speakers giving you some of the details you get from HD800 you should avoid passive speakers.
Only good active speakers can compeer with headphones, even though it's not quite fair comparing them.
And the best part is a good active speakers is often a lot cheaper than those old crap passive speakers the hifi industry try to trick you to buy.
I've heard some awesome passive speakers to be honest, Paradigm, Monitor Audio, Totem, etc. Quad and Epos are supposed to be good too, up there with Totem. I'm a lot more picky with speakers than headphones though, maybe that's why I like passive speakers... I don't settle with the mass marketed speakers that most sites/magazines push like Polk, Klipsch, JBL, etc.
Edited by ToddTheMetalGod - 8/9/14 at 6:13am
Nice review and comparison. Pretty much spot on based my my previous experience. The only reason I went to the HD800 is that I got a kick-butt deal on them (dealer cost through a friend). I could truly have stopped at the HD700 and Bifrost/Lyr combo and saved myself thousands in upgrades trying to find a suitable HD800 system. Not regretting moving to the HD800 at all. In fact, it's the longest I've owned a pair of HP's and they're here to stay.
I had the hd 700 for one week. There just wasn't much of anything I liked about them. The lyr didn't make them any better...maybe worse. I guess that we all hear things differently.
I would suggest Questyle CMA800R as the ultimate amplifier, but is a little more than 700$
I have used one with hd800 and It was a killer combo.
As a bonus it doesn't cost that much.
Todd, I would have stayed alway from the 800 if the budget was one of your concerns. You're just going to run into people recommending expensive amps and dacs constantly. It's an ego contest on this thread, there is a pattern you will obviously notice here. I would have suggested HE-6 with used speaker amp for a high quality on the cheap, but good luck on the your 800 ventures as it turned out 800 wan't my cup of tea.
If I wanted to get into an ego contest I would've bought some $1600 floor standing speakers . Fighting over who has the most expensive headphone gear is like fighting over who has the most expensive go-kart . There are always people with BMW's, Lambourghini's, etc .
Thanks, I hope I'll enjoy them. I want to make this the end of my audio journey for a while. In a few years when I move somewhere larger and have more income I plan to get back into audio with high end speakers. Hopefully an HD800 setup will satisfy me until then .
Edit: Maybe I should get a Violectric V200 and be done with it. You guys are corrupting me and draining my wallet .
Edited by ToddTheMetalGod - 8/9/14 at 9:27am
I have a few of the boys over today. We are testing the 800's on the Valhalla 2 and HA-1. Everything fed from the NAD m51. The Val2 has only warmed up for about 30 minutes. Just plugged the 800's into for the first. And...very interesting.
Sounded quite good though.
If I had do it over Again I guess I would have picked up 02 combo or Asus one or something in that genre, I have a feeling that maybe HD800
Don't need than much power. I had a bad experience with Schiit Mjolnir so I just don't trust any of there products, but that's just me, lots
Of people seem to love that brand.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 17 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 38 seconds ago
- › velodyne vleve on ear headphones + fiio x3 ? good combo ? and... 54 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-D600 Vs. Philips Fidelio X1 What is better? 56 seconds ago
- › I need help!!! 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)