I haven't heard the Zana Deux yet, but it is well-regarded in that price range... http://www.eddiecurrent.com/Zanadeux.html
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on Yesterday at 1:35 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 83
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The new Decware Taboo MK III has a huge soundstage with the HD800's. You can adjust it as well with the Lucid modes which have a crossfeed function .Depending on what song you are listening too, the Lucid's can add or take away. It is the biggest soundstage I have ever heard with HP's.
Here are some pics of the amp...(and a few more...)
Edited by longbowbbs - 3/24/13 at 12:45pm
How it is different than using an eq ? So much distrust for dsp here.
Anyways , I tried to reduce treble by 6db ---> lost some excitement/clarity
then 3db, again loss of what partly makes the hd800 interesting
then 1.5 db then finally less than 1db then it's not worth it to eq at all.
The stereo separation is true source of fatigue with the hd800, much more than
any supposed treble emphasis.
I recently started using the TB Isone plugin on another member's recommendation with better results than the built in JRiver crossfeed I was using. Completely non fatiguing and imaging cues seem to be more accurate on most recordings, as well as some recordings that sounded off or flat before actually sound correct.
I guess I didn't realize how hard panning some stereo effects can be with headphones, though I think the HD800 does better than most in that regard. I think some "details" can seem a little more distant and less exaggerated with it enabled, but I feel it's actually more accurate to the original intent with most recordings. Especially heavily produced and electronic music.
For instance, Skrillex without a well executed crossfeed is almost unlistenable with the aggressive panning effects, but sounds quite good with it enabled. I also feel zero need to EQ with it enabled, and think it showcases just how truly neutral and accurate the HD800 is.
considering the 180 that people pulled on the LCD2 i am really trying to to buy anything on the opinion of others. listen then buy. This about-face just showed me how we are susceptible we are to social forces and placebo effects. if you have not audition the HD800, do so and preferably side by side to the 009, so you really know the extent to which one compares to the other.
Of course! I live in Rhode Island...I can't really try those other than buying and returning if I could. Unless I can find a Massachusetts or New York meet, I don't see it happening. I am having issues with the LCD-2 even though I love them. Doing lots of reading.
I think this depends on the person and mood.
Advertisement for ?
My problem with the hd800, is when I listen to music, while doing something else at same time.
There's is something on your hd800, that is gathering all your attention, I figured out it was the stereo separation.
I didn't have that problem with my previous headphone, I could put them, and "just forget the music" in background.
With the hd800, it's almost impossible to listen music while doing something else.
I did too and still do. I was just pointing out a tool/tweak that some users can use if they so choose. That's part of the fun of the hobby. Not implying that it's somehow not good without it.
Ahh, my mistake. I didn't realize you were referring to that...Carry on
I hear ya. But I have noticed that there seems to be a renewed hype around the HD800. I agree with hype. I love these headphones and loved them from day one. Just saying that hte seame thing could be happening as happned to LCD
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Budget DAC and amp setup. 34 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Summer Kick-Off Meet: Saturday - May 20th,... 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › The Reference 6SN7 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear