I haven't heard the Zana Deux yet, but it is well-regarded in that price range... http://www.eddiecurrent.com/Zanadeux.html
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 11/28/16 at 10:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 83
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The new Decware Taboo MK III has a huge soundstage with the HD800's. You can adjust it as well with the Lucid modes which have a crossfeed function .Depending on what song you are listening too, the Lucid's can add or take away. It is the biggest soundstage I have ever heard with HP's.
Here are some pics of the amp...(and a few more...)
Edited by longbowbbs - 3/24/13 at 12:45pm
How it is different than using an eq ? So much distrust for dsp here.
Anyways , I tried to reduce treble by 6db ---> lost some excitement/clarity
then 3db, again loss of what partly makes the hd800 interesting
then 1.5 db then finally less than 1db then it's not worth it to eq at all.
The stereo separation is true source of fatigue with the hd800, much more than
any supposed treble emphasis.
I recently started using the TB Isone plugin on another member's recommendation with better results than the built in JRiver crossfeed I was using. Completely non fatiguing and imaging cues seem to be more accurate on most recordings, as well as some recordings that sounded off or flat before actually sound correct.
I guess I didn't realize how hard panning some stereo effects can be with headphones, though I think the HD800 does better than most in that regard. I think some "details" can seem a little more distant and less exaggerated with it enabled, but I feel it's actually more accurate to the original intent with most recordings. Especially heavily produced and electronic music.
For instance, Skrillex without a well executed crossfeed is almost unlistenable with the aggressive panning effects, but sounds quite good with it enabled. I also feel zero need to EQ with it enabled, and think it showcases just how truly neutral and accurate the HD800 is.
considering the 180 that people pulled on the LCD2 i am really trying to to buy anything on the opinion of others. listen then buy. This about-face just showed me how we are susceptible we are to social forces and placebo effects. if you have not audition the HD800, do so and preferably side by side to the 009, so you really know the extent to which one compares to the other.
Of course! I live in Rhode Island...I can't really try those other than buying and returning if I could. Unless I can find a Massachusetts or New York meet, I don't see it happening. I am having issues with the LCD-2 even though I love them. Doing lots of reading.
I think this depends on the person and mood.
Advertisement for ?
My problem with the hd800, is when I listen to music, while doing something else at same time.
There's is something on your hd800, that is gathering all your attention, I figured out it was the stereo separation.
I didn't have that problem with my previous headphone, I could put them, and "just forget the music" in background.
With the hd800, it's almost impossible to listen music while doing something else.
I did too and still do. I was just pointing out a tool/tweak that some users can use if they so choose. That's part of the fun of the hobby. Not implying that it's somehow not good without it.
Ahh, my mistake. I didn't realize you were referring to that...Carry on
I hear ya. But I have noticed that there seems to be a renewed hype around the HD800. I agree with hype. I love these headphones and loved them from day one. Just saying that hte seame thing could be happening as happned to LCD
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Are the hd650 worth it over the hd 600? 9 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 37 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 40 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 49 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 58 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › What's Next?? 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear