I haven't heard the Zana Deux yet, but it is well-regarded in that price range... http://www.eddiecurrent.com/Zanadeux.html
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:47am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 5/29/15 at 6:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 83
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The new Decware Taboo MK III has a huge soundstage with the HD800's. You can adjust it as well with the Lucid modes which have a crossfeed function .Depending on what song you are listening too, the Lucid's can add or take away. It is the biggest soundstage I have ever heard with HP's.
Here are some pics of the amp...(and a few more...)
Edited by longbowbbs - 3/24/13 at 12:45pm
How it is different than using an eq ? So much distrust for dsp here.
Anyways , I tried to reduce treble by 6db ---> lost some excitement/clarity
then 3db, again loss of what partly makes the hd800 interesting
then 1.5 db then finally less than 1db then it's not worth it to eq at all.
The stereo separation is true source of fatigue with the hd800, much more than
any supposed treble emphasis.
I recently started using the TB Isone plugin on another member's recommendation with better results than the built in JRiver crossfeed I was using. Completely non fatiguing and imaging cues seem to be more accurate on most recordings, as well as some recordings that sounded off or flat before actually sound correct.
I guess I didn't realize how hard panning some stereo effects can be with headphones, though I think the HD800 does better than most in that regard. I think some "details" can seem a little more distant and less exaggerated with it enabled, but I feel it's actually more accurate to the original intent with most recordings. Especially heavily produced and electronic music.
For instance, Skrillex without a well executed crossfeed is almost unlistenable with the aggressive panning effects, but sounds quite good with it enabled. I also feel zero need to EQ with it enabled, and think it showcases just how truly neutral and accurate the HD800 is.
considering the 180 that people pulled on the LCD2 i am really trying to to buy anything on the opinion of others. listen then buy. This about-face just showed me how we are susceptible we are to social forces and placebo effects. if you have not audition the HD800, do so and preferably side by side to the 009, so you really know the extent to which one compares to the other.
Of course! I live in Rhode Island...I can't really try those other than buying and returning if I could. Unless I can find a Massachusetts or New York meet, I don't see it happening. I am having issues with the LCD-2 even though I love them. Doing lots of reading.
I think this depends on the person and mood.
Advertisement for ?
My problem with the hd800, is when I listen to music, while doing something else at same time.
There's is something on your hd800, that is gathering all your attention, I figured out it was the stereo separation.
I didn't have that problem with my previous headphone, I could put them, and "just forget the music" in background.
With the hd800, it's almost impossible to listen music while doing something else.
I did too and still do. I was just pointing out a tool/tweak that some users can use if they so choose. That's part of the fun of the hobby. Not implying that it's somehow not good without it.
Ahh, my mistake. I didn't realize you were referring to that...Carry on
I hear ya. But I have noticed that there seems to be a renewed hype around the HD800. I agree with hype. I love these headphones and loved them from day one. Just saying that hte seame thing could be happening as happned to LCD
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 13 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 55 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 56 seconds ago
- › Any DIY cable makers know how to make a cable that looks like this? 4 minutes ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 5 minutes ago
- › Instantaneous Noise Induced Hearing Loss - Sony MDR-7506 Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 6 minutes ago
- › Geniuses or people with 130+ IQ only! 6 minutes ago
- › Amping for AKG Q701 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 8 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)