I haven't heard the Zana Deux yet, but it is well-regarded in that price range... http://www.eddiecurrent.com/Zanadeux.html
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:47am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 4/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wa22+HD800 and EDM music? Last post on 2/10/15 at 3:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are a steal for the msrp price (don't mind that I got a killer deal). I haven't heard any headphone come close to achieving the textures achieved by the PSBs. The chunkiness...
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 83
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The new Decware Taboo MK III has a huge soundstage with the HD800's. You can adjust it as well with the Lucid modes which have a crossfeed function .Depending on what song you are listening too, the Lucid's can add or take away. It is the biggest soundstage I have ever heard with HP's.
Here are some pics of the amp...(and a few more...)
Edited by longbowbbs - 3/24/13 at 12:45pm
How it is different than using an eq ? So much distrust for dsp here.
Anyways , I tried to reduce treble by 6db ---> lost some excitement/clarity
then 3db, again loss of what partly makes the hd800 interesting
then 1.5 db then finally less than 1db then it's not worth it to eq at all.
The stereo separation is true source of fatigue with the hd800, much more than
any supposed treble emphasis.
I recently started using the TB Isone plugin on another member's recommendation with better results than the built in JRiver crossfeed I was using. Completely non fatiguing and imaging cues seem to be more accurate on most recordings, as well as some recordings that sounded off or flat before actually sound correct.
I guess I didn't realize how hard panning some stereo effects can be with headphones, though I think the HD800 does better than most in that regard. I think some "details" can seem a little more distant and less exaggerated with it enabled, but I feel it's actually more accurate to the original intent with most recordings. Especially heavily produced and electronic music.
For instance, Skrillex without a well executed crossfeed is almost unlistenable with the aggressive panning effects, but sounds quite good with it enabled. I also feel zero need to EQ with it enabled, and think it showcases just how truly neutral and accurate the HD800 is.
considering the 180 that people pulled on the LCD2 i am really trying to to buy anything on the opinion of others. listen then buy. This about-face just showed me how we are susceptible we are to social forces and placebo effects. if you have not audition the HD800, do so and preferably side by side to the 009, so you really know the extent to which one compares to the other.
Of course! I live in Rhode Island...I can't really try those other than buying and returning if I could. Unless I can find a Massachusetts or New York meet, I don't see it happening. I am having issues with the LCD-2 even though I love them. Doing lots of reading.
I think this depends on the person and mood.
Advertisement for ?
My problem with the hd800, is when I listen to music, while doing something else at same time.
There's is something on your hd800, that is gathering all your attention, I figured out it was the stereo separation.
I didn't have that problem with my previous headphone, I could put them, and "just forget the music" in background.
With the hd800, it's almost impossible to listen music while doing something else.
I did too and still do. I was just pointing out a tool/tweak that some users can use if they so choose. That's part of the fun of the hobby. Not implying that it's somehow not good without it.
Ahh, my mistake. I didn't realize you were referring to that...Carry on
I hear ya. But I have noticed that there seems to be a renewed hype around the HD800. I agree with hype. I love these headphones and loved them from day one. Just saying that hte seame thing could be happening as happned to LCD
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Fostex TH900 mods 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › HTC One M9 review "even louder than M8" 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One MKII / MKII MUSES Edition 3 minutes ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 or Philips X2/27 Fidelio Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2