Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 785

post #11761 of 18800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post




One track from it I really enjoy particularly with HD800s is #10 Abba Ridge. It showcases the detailed treble with the great bass extension with many layers of sound upon each other, but clearly delineated.

 

Downloaded and Im' currently listening to this music.  Abba Ridge is indeed an exemplary track to show how the HD800 can perform so well for EDM . :beerchug:

post #11762 of 18800
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post

What about the HDVA 600? Would you rate it above, or bellow the BHA-1 for HD800?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post

May I ask what makes you prefer the V200 over the BHA-1? And thanks for the insights mate biggrin.gif

I found the BHA-1 a bit forward and thus not ideal with the hd800s. The V200 is a smoother amp without overly forward treble and a better match. For Audeze headphones, it's the other way around.
post #11763 of 18800
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post



I found the BHA-1 a bit forward and thus not ideal with the hd800s. The V200 is a smoother amp without overly forward treble and a better match. For Audeze headphones, it's the other way around.

I haven't heard the 3, but I believe Audeze needs a mid bump and it would be perfect.  Now that I have my HD800 on correctlly, I've noticed that the treble is still not to my liking, and just needs to tame the treble around 6-8k area.  It comes out too aggressive for me, that it causes a stressful listening session.  I listen to music to relax.  :(  I've tried EQ, but possibly I need to learn to EQ better with better software as EQ is not helping that much.  The tonality with how the treble is done is off to me.


Edited by SilverEars - 7/5/14 at 7:55am
post #11764 of 18800
The stress is the DAC. Hahahaha.
At least try another one for while. The thing is all DAC allow you youngest all the music
But the presentation us the change. Most blame it in music or amps but the DAC s. Are the most likely cause.
Al
post #11765 of 18800

When I auditioned the BHA-1, I found it very forward with very sharp highs.. and that's with the Naim DAC-V1 in front of it.  Not the sound signature that I'm looking for but some people do really like it.  As always, audition it if you can.

Tried the HDVD800 in SE mode and it was good, but not great.. Still on my list and going to give it a shot with a balanced cable.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post



I found the BHA-1 a bit forward and thus not ideal with the hd800s. 
post #11766 of 18800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

The stress is the DAC. Hahahaha.
At least try another one for while. The thing is all DAC allow you youngest all the music
But the presentation us the change. Most blame it in music or amps but the DAC s. Are the most likely cause.
Al

I don't get why I have to get a new DAC for it.  My other phones don't have problems with it.  :mad: I like my ODAC, if the HD800 has problems with it, it's own problem, not the DAC's.

post #11767 of 18800
Are the one witha odac ?
If so it glares. And it does this at the treble range. Imam not looking for ypu to spend money imam really not. But just trya another DAC on trial and return it weather you liked it or not. In this way you will understand what is really going on here.
Pm some people how to do this one store that does this is BH PHOTO IN NYC. If you can find a hugo it's all,you need as it is an amp and DAC. I am sure someone knows a place to let you do audition at home . You know they sell you a used demo one you try it and then return it and buy a new one if and when you are ready. The hd800 is not just a good headphone it's a fantastic headphone. But it's like your playing your music ona 10 turntable . It will show all the good but all the bad. So if you have more bad then good this is what happens. Please do not take offense to this I a faking the time to try and help you that's all. You have to do it cause you wish to . But tying things from others as long as it does not force you to spend your money is fine by me. As long ad you can return it no money is spent. But the lesson is learned .
Al
Edited by ALRAINBOW - 7/5/14 at 8:23am
post #11768 of 18800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Are the one witha odac ?
Al

Yes, I've gone through all my iems, LCD2.2, HE-6, and other cans with it.  And given, I'm having problems with treble with only HD800, who is to blame?  Unless it's rolled off, I'm pretty sure the next DAC is going to be more or less the same.


Edited by SilverEars - 7/5/14 at 8:20am
post #11769 of 18800

@SilverEars : you shouldn't have any serious problem with an odac.  What kind of music are you listening to usually ?

post #11770 of 18800
What do you think about the nuforce ha200 mono block?

So cheap that I can afford two smily_headphones1.gif
post #11771 of 18800
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post

Yes, I've gone through all my iems, LCD2.2, HE-6, and other cans with it.  And given, I'm having problems with treble with only HD800, who is to blame?  Unless it's rolled off, I'm pretty sure the next DAC is going to be more or less the same.
Now you have peaked my interest. What amp are you using , is the same amp with all the cans and IEM,s ?

Al
post #11772 of 18800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrodje View Post
 

@SilverEars : you shouldn't have any serious problem with an odac.  What kind of music are you listening to usually ?

pop music.  I posted previously that audiophile recordings are much better, but they are good on any setup because it was well mastered.  pop  music has that aggressive treble depending on what you listen to.  The vocals pushes the treble very aggressively for pop vs lets say an Eva Cassidy recording or something that is well done.  

 

I just want it to play nice with pop also. 

post #11773 of 18800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post


Now you have peaked my interest. What amp are you using , is the same amp with all the cans and IEM,s ?

Al

For the HE-6, LCD2.2, HD800, the Beta 22.  For iems, O2


Edited by SilverEars - 7/5/14 at 8:35am
post #11774 of 18800
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

pop music.  I posted previously that audiophile recordings are much better, but they are good on any setup because it was well mastered.  pop  music has that aggressive treble depending on what you listen to.  The vocals pushes the treble very aggressively for pop vs lets say an Eva Cassidy recording or something that is well done.

 

 

 

Stay away from the HD800. :)   you'll invest time & money and at the end you won't obtain good results. There re so much good other headphones who do Pop Music better.. why do you want absolutely listen to pop music with a HD800 ?

post #11775 of 18800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrodje View Post
 

 

Stay away from the HD800. :)   you'll invest time & money and at the end you won't obtain good results. There re so much good other headphones who do Pop Music better.. why do you want absolutely listen to pop music with a HD800 ?

If I get a headphone, I want it to perform well on everything.  So far the headphones that I've run into, they all scale the music nicely until I ran into the 800.  Looking at your sig.  I can see 800 is for you,  but not me.  I'm not big fan of Beyers because of their treble, and I would think the 800 has the same sound sig.

 

I'm very sensitive to brightness, and HD850 will be more in the lines of what I probably seek.  

 

Anyway, I'm glad I tried the HD800, now I have a good idea that not all cans are differentiated form iems(I felt this way for HE-6, it feels difficult to compare to iems because of it's characteristic, but HD800 is not that distinctive from it.).  The treble on the HD800 sound like BA iem treble that are typically on the cold side.


Edited by SilverEars - 7/5/14 at 8:57am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread