Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 771

post #11551 of 17734
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Reg a ref cd meaning red book. I can highly recommend
A count Basie disk. It's on Pablo records
It's kansis city shout
A pic of Basie on the cover
It's has clarity and details with dynamics
It also is great music with legendary people on it.
Eddie clean head being one of them. Ina really good DAC the cymbal brushing a are just fantastic
It's a must have to anyone.
If someone wants I can list some DSD as well
Al

Yes, I would appreciate that. Especially if you have any more recommendations of great sounding jazz albums. 

post #11552 of 17734
Ok I am going out now. I will do something when I get back.
I have learned to listen and like music I never would have liked before based in great SQ
it opened up my genre plenty. I know do anything.
If you like cat Stevens the DSD from acoustic sounds of tea for the tiller man is cool as well
Post later.
Al
post #11553 of 17734
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Ok I am going out now. I will do something when I get back.
I have learned to listen and like music I never would have liked before based in great SQ
it opened up my genre plenty. I know do anything.
If you like cat Stevens the DSD from acoustic sounds of tea for the tiller man is cool as well
Post later.
Al

Make sure you bring the DAP player and your portable headphones Al. :)

post #11554 of 17734
Yea I wish going shopping with the wife and kid. A little ciem action is just what I need but it's NOT going to happen
Now hahahaha
Nice thoughts though
Al
post #11555 of 17734
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKELAP View Post

One of the better sounding hires files i have .   http://www.hdtracks.com/there-s-a-time-134480

Oh yeah. HD tracks is a great site. I have remain in light in 24/96k. To be honest, 24/96 is my favourite bitstream resolution. I like 24/192k, but it doesn't sound as warm when running the file format through my DAC. Sometimes ultra HD files can sound a little too polished and not realistic.
post #11556 of 17734
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim32 View Post


Oh yeah. HD tracks is a great site. I have remain in light in 24/96k. To be honest, 24/96 is my favourite bitstream resolution. I like 24/192k, but it doesn't sound as warm when running the file format through my DAC. Sometimes ultra HD files can sound a little too polished and not realistic.

 

In theory I would disagree with your logic. 24/192 should be closer to analogue and thus should sound closer to the original recording. But in reality, I agree with you. 24/96 just sounds more musical to my ears...certainly warmer. The differences are small but there IMHO. 

post #11557 of 17734

For the first time in many years I now only own one headphone. Don't need any others. 

 

In fact, I'd even go as far as to say - all other headphones are worthless. Kill all other headphones!! :veryevil:

 

All hail the mighty one!

 

post #11558 of 17734
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post
 

For the first time in many years I now only own one headphone. Don't need any others. 

 

In fact, I'd even go as far as to say - all other headphones are worthless. Kill all other headphones!! :veryevil:

 

All hail the mighty one!

 

 

 

Very nice sir. And what amp are you using? 

post #11559 of 17734
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

Very nice sir. And what amp are you using? 

Oh everyone knows I'm a NAD man :tongue_smile: 

 

3225PE at the mo... In fact I'd go as far as to say - all other amps are wor.... etc :bigsmile_face: 

post #11560 of 17734

Oh yeah, forgot that. I've even looked on ebay for something that you suggested. Nothing yet. I'm hoping for a Craiglist score soon. 

post #11561 of 17734
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post
 

For the first time in many years I now only own one headphone. Don't need any others. 

 

In fact, I'd even go as far as to say - all other headphones are worthless. Kill all other headphones!! :veryevil:

 

All hail the mighty one!

 

 

 

:beerchug:

 

I think I' m not far of the same point. I received a Beyerdynamic T1 Monday and I'm currently testing it but it will not stay at home for a long time.  My Ultrasone is gone and I've really no need of another headphone for my tastes and what I listen to usually.

post #11562 of 17734

As much as I love the HD800, every now and then I like to put other cans on just to appreciate the HD800s even more.


Edited by PleasantSounds - 7/3/14 at 7:20am
post #11563 of 17734
Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasantSounds View Post

As much as I love the HD800, every now and then I like to put other cans on just to appreciate the HD800s even more.

Agreed. The more I listen to other headphones or speakers , the more apparent the gap in quality becomes.
post #11564 of 17734
The only itch I have to 'upgrade' now is into stax land but that is a place I don't really want to go. It's a whole new level that my OCD can't cope with! Channel imbalance would literally drive me crazy.
post #11565 of 17734
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

For the first time in many years I now only own one headphone. Don't need any others. 

In fact, I'd even go as far as to say - all other headphones are worthless. Kill all other headphones!! very_evil_smiley.gif

All hail the mighty one!


You need the custom paint job site..
smily_headphones1.gif
The placebo effect alone will boost your enjoyment!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread