I think if i sell my car i'll buy one of these
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- How come if a Headphone has deep and strong bass is not considered a 'audiofile headphone... Last post on 9/10/14 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/20/14 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SRS-4170 system vs HD 800 vs LCD3 Last post on 8/29/14 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Irish Still Make Headphones? Last post on 9/2/14 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2 hour A/B session Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 753
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From the samples i listened on HDtracks compared to regular album i wont be buying the new albums not worth it unless you dont have it already on CD.
any advice or help pm me or post in the thread . i can advise acuostic sounds as very good website to download dsd and jriver is a good player. foobar too but i prefure jriver .
good luck and do amini review of your thoughts , for me it beats out the stax in almost every way. the he6 are more full but has a little less details but not good on that amp. i am glad you like the amp. it gets knocked for the boutique all the time .
Burson 160d , v200/800 , fiio ek09 and alpine dac, even tried some old receivers and my current yamaha one. kept O2 . Had a few listening sessions in a local store with other hi end stuff such as naim but ended up with senn amp paired with odac . I've never tried tubes but I'm a bit OCD with 'accuracy' . I feel confident I have found a combo now that is perfect for my taste without sacrificing any of the hd800 strong points. I'm hearing all the superlatives in spades!!
Current set up- iMac > iTunes >bit perfect > odac > HDVD800> balanced out >HD800. I've been using this exact chain(decided to use odac and bit perfect) for a few weeks and I couldn't be happier. I have listened to everything from classical to drum and bass and I honestly can't find any fault with any aspect of the SQ. It's absolutely stunning. I really like buying new gear but this has killed any need for 'upgrades' including the sr009 bug! What to do now? Oh that's right it's time to just sit back with a beer and enjoy the music! The HD800s are absolute perfection and it's took me 2 years(and lots of money) to fully appreciate them. Glad to be part of this thread and I enjoy reading about everyone's own experiences with this amazing HP and associated equipment. Hope everyone is well, have a good weekend!
Glad you're enjoying it bud, time to relax and focus on the music!
Nice! Hoping to add the HDVD800 with a balanced cable someday. Enjoy!!
Listened to that this afternoon:
I was very surprised to enjoy it so much. I like the music for sure but I found that the recording is good enough to be fully enjoyable. It's not the case with my "Nevermind" version.
Do you have the HDtracks version?
Al, must get a copy, do you have a favorite?
I like that album too. it was released differently then Nevermind. In my opinion there is more bass, more dynamics and somehow it is more mature. But on the other hand Nevermind has this unforgettable brightness in the sound and amazing sound of Cobain's guitar.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 20 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 37 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 2 minutes ago
- › B.M.C. Announces PureDAC 3 minutes ago
- › Destiny 4 minutes ago
- › Grado GS-1000(i) ALO SXC-recabled + woodenbox + ALO Lariat 3,5mm to... 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)