I think if i sell my car i'll buy one of these
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2 hour A/B session Last post on 8/14/14 at 9:46am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audeze Q-Audio 6.5 ft cable with 1/8 TRS termination and an HD800 adapter Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:26am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 8/18/14 at 12:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a **LOUD** DAC/AMP for HD800s Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 753
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From the samples i listened on HDtracks compared to regular album i wont be buying the new albums not worth it unless you dont have it already on CD.
any advice or help pm me or post in the thread . i can advise acuostic sounds as very good website to download dsd and jriver is a good player. foobar too but i prefure jriver .
good luck and do amini review of your thoughts , for me it beats out the stax in almost every way. the he6 are more full but has a little less details but not good on that amp. i am glad you like the amp. it gets knocked for the boutique all the time .
Burson 160d , v200/800 , fiio ek09 and alpine dac, even tried some old receivers and my current yamaha one. kept O2 . Had a few listening sessions in a local store with other hi end stuff such as naim but ended up with senn amp paired with odac . I've never tried tubes but I'm a bit OCD with 'accuracy' . I feel confident I have found a combo now that is perfect for my taste without sacrificing any of the hd800 strong points. I'm hearing all the superlatives in spades!!
Current set up- iMac > iTunes >bit perfect > odac > HDVD800> balanced out >HD800. I've been using this exact chain(decided to use odac and bit perfect) for a few weeks and I couldn't be happier. I have listened to everything from classical to drum and bass and I honestly can't find any fault with any aspect of the SQ. It's absolutely stunning. I really like buying new gear but this has killed any need for 'upgrades' including the sr009 bug! What to do now? Oh that's right it's time to just sit back with a beer and enjoy the music! The HD800s are absolute perfection and it's took me 2 years(and lots of money) to fully appreciate them. Glad to be part of this thread and I enjoy reading about everyone's own experiences with this amazing HP and associated equipment. Hope everyone is well, have a good weekend!
Glad you're enjoying it bud, time to relax and focus on the music!
Nice! Hoping to add the HDVD800 with a balanced cable someday. Enjoy!!
Listened to that this afternoon:
I was very surprised to enjoy it so much. I like the music for sure but I found that the recording is good enough to be fully enjoyable. It's not the case with my "Nevermind" version.
Do you have the HDtracks version?
Al, must get a copy, do you have a favorite?
I like that album too. it was released differently then Nevermind. In my opinion there is more bass, more dynamics and somehow it is more mature. But on the other hand Nevermind has this unforgettable brightness in the sound and amazing sound of Cobain's guitar.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Q701 impressions thread 10 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 319 IEMs compared (T-Peos D200R added 08/01/14... 17 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 49 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 52 seconds ago
- › Changed the ear pads on my DT 990 Beyer Pro and noticed something... 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E10 vs Schiit Vali + Modi for Beyerdynamic DT990s 250ohm 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 3 minutes ago
- › Bass friendly headphones for electronic music to compliment... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)