I think if i sell my car i'll buy one of these
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 amping (800 € budget) Last post on 9/27/14 at 4:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 9/28/14 at 3:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- How come if a Headphone has deep and strong bass is not considered a 'audiofile headphone... Last post on 9/10/14 at 10:19pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/28/14 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SRS-4170 system vs HD 800 vs LCD3 Last post on 8/29/14 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 753
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From the samples i listened on HDtracks compared to regular album i wont be buying the new albums not worth it unless you dont have it already on CD.
any advice or help pm me or post in the thread . i can advise acuostic sounds as very good website to download dsd and jriver is a good player. foobar too but i prefure jriver .
good luck and do amini review of your thoughts , for me it beats out the stax in almost every way. the he6 are more full but has a little less details but not good on that amp. i am glad you like the amp. it gets knocked for the boutique all the time .
Burson 160d , v200/800 , fiio ek09 and alpine dac, even tried some old receivers and my current yamaha one. kept O2 . Had a few listening sessions in a local store with other hi end stuff such as naim but ended up with senn amp paired with odac . I've never tried tubes but I'm a bit OCD with 'accuracy' . I feel confident I have found a combo now that is perfect for my taste without sacrificing any of the hd800 strong points. I'm hearing all the superlatives in spades!!
Current set up- iMac > iTunes >bit perfect > odac > HDVD800> balanced out >HD800. I've been using this exact chain(decided to use odac and bit perfect) for a few weeks and I couldn't be happier. I have listened to everything from classical to drum and bass and I honestly can't find any fault with any aspect of the SQ. It's absolutely stunning. I really like buying new gear but this has killed any need for 'upgrades' including the sr009 bug! What to do now? Oh that's right it's time to just sit back with a beer and enjoy the music! The HD800s are absolute perfection and it's took me 2 years(and lots of money) to fully appreciate them. Glad to be part of this thread and I enjoy reading about everyone's own experiences with this amazing HP and associated equipment. Hope everyone is well, have a good weekend!
Glad you're enjoying it bud, time to relax and focus on the music!
Nice! Hoping to add the HDVD800 with a balanced cable someday. Enjoy!!
Listened to that this afternoon:
I was very surprised to enjoy it so much. I like the music for sure but I found that the recording is good enough to be fully enjoyable. It's not the case with my "Nevermind" version.
Do you have the HDtracks version?
Al, must get a copy, do you have a favorite?
I like that album too. it was released differently then Nevermind. In my opinion there is more bass, more dynamics and somehow it is more mature. But on the other hand Nevermind has this unforgettable brightness in the sound and amazing sound of Cobain's guitar.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 19 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 24 seconds ago
- › Help me choose headphones for under $300! 45 seconds ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 1 minute ago
- › Best bang for the buck headphone? 1 minute ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 4 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)