- 3,564 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2 hour A/B session Last post on 8/14/14 at 9:46am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audeze Q-Audio 6.5 ft cable with 1/8 TRS termination and an HD800 adapter Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:26am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 8/18/14 at 12:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a **LOUD** DAC/AMP for HD800s Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 724
Gear mentioned in this thread:
IMO the only valid statement about different HD800 shoud be based on direct comparison. Memory is not reliable at all and our tastes change when our experience increases so our judgment can vary way more than HD800 sound sig .
I'm with you there.
We tend to hear what we want to hear and our hearing is bound to vary from day-to-day much more than the headphones are...
You own both headphones, both headphones are burned in, same rig, samt occasion, same song, everything the same..... you hear a difference then... we'll talk. Otherwise I will attribute it to something else.
I had About 10 hours of Listening. Shortly : Smoooooooooooth , better (wider+deeper) soundstage, more layering & more real imaging especially of the background of the soundstage. Great bottom end but still smooth/textured. Voices seems to gain some body. Overally the Sound seems to be thicker in a very good way. Lot of Control too . The Sonett offers full dynamics at every volume range and I can enjoy my HD800 even at very low volume. I tried briefly the IEC impedance setting and i Prefer the lowest one. Perfectly black background. I only use the lowest gain setting.
It seems I can listen to a larger range of music and that my HD800 became more forgiving.
New toy effect and personal bias with an expensive piece of gear maybe but so far, I'm Happy.
Consequently my previous amp can go to its next owner .
Edited by Sorrodje - 5/25/14 at 8:41am
So a viable test would be to have a variety of HD800s over the serial range and have them all burned in (let's say 100 hours for peace of mind). Put brand new pads on all of them. Listen through same cable and same rig and then decide.
I read a post if an actual test that was done
On a small stage with a curtain.
The test had three controls labeled to what ever
They did at the time. They then have reviewes
Change the controls and note the changes.
The outcome was nothing short of proving
Most of the changes we here are in iur own minds only.
The knobs did nothing and if I remember it correctly it was a real band behind the curtain
The pint is be happy and post what you feel as this is important to read
But all if us need to make our choices for our selves
Not me or anybody telling you. If you are happy
With a simple setup then enjoy it. If you wish to buy a 10 k setup read up plenty but audition it before you commit
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 36 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 51 seconds ago
- › The Stax Lambda Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › 3281 Headphones Rated 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)