- 3,623 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- How come if a Headphone has deep and strong bass is not considered a 'audiofile headphone... Last post on 9/10/14 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/20/14 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SRS-4170 system vs HD 800 vs LCD3 Last post on 8/29/14 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Irish Still Make Headphones? Last post on 9/2/14 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2 hour A/B session Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 724
Gear mentioned in this thread:
IMO the only valid statement about different HD800 shoud be based on direct comparison. Memory is not reliable at all and our tastes change when our experience increases so our judgment can vary way more than HD800 sound sig .
I'm with you there.
We tend to hear what we want to hear and our hearing is bound to vary from day-to-day much more than the headphones are...
You own both headphones, both headphones are burned in, same rig, samt occasion, same song, everything the same..... you hear a difference then... we'll talk. Otherwise I will attribute it to something else.
I had About 10 hours of Listening. Shortly : Smoooooooooooth , better (wider+deeper) soundstage, more layering & more real imaging especially of the background of the soundstage. Great bottom end but still smooth/textured. Voices seems to gain some body. Overally the Sound seems to be thicker in a very good way. Lot of Control too . The Sonett offers full dynamics at every volume range and I can enjoy my HD800 even at very low volume. I tried briefly the IEC impedance setting and i Prefer the lowest one. Perfectly black background. I only use the lowest gain setting.
It seems I can listen to a larger range of music and that my HD800 became more forgiving.
New toy effect and personal bias with an expensive piece of gear maybe but so far, I'm Happy.
Consequently my previous amp can go to its next owner .
Edited by Sorrodje - 5/25/14 at 8:41am
So a viable test would be to have a variety of HD800s over the serial range and have them all burned in (let's say 100 hours for peace of mind). Put brand new pads on all of them. Listen through same cable and same rig and then decide.
I read a post if an actual test that was done
On a small stage with a curtain.
The test had three controls labeled to what ever
They did at the time. They then have reviewes
Change the controls and note the changes.
The outcome was nothing short of proving
Most of the changes we here are in iur own minds only.
The knobs did nothing and if I remember it correctly it was a real band behind the curtain
The pint is be happy and post what you feel as this is important to read
But all if us need to make our choices for our selves
Not me or anybody telling you. If you are happy
With a simple setup then enjoy it. If you wish to buy a 10 k setup read up plenty but audition it before you commit
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › I don't quite understand this whole "balanced output/input"deal,... 15 seconds ago
- › Audio Research PH6 phono preamp 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › e09k to the astro mixamp? 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone extension cable signal loss 3 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels Audio Emmeline HR-2 Headphone Amp in good condition 4 minutes ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)