- 3,657 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Why do top end headphones go beyond 20 khz if there is no sound there? Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Find an amp for lcd3 and hd800 Last post on 9/30/14 at 11:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 amping (800 € budget) Last post on 10/16/14 at 1:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 9/28/14 at 3:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- How come if a Headphone has deep and strong bass is not considered a 'audiofile headphone... Last post on Today at 12:39 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
if u are looking for a great dac you can better buy new motherboard with supreme fx it sound practicly the same and its cheaper
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 724
Gear mentioned in this thread:
IMO the only valid statement about different HD800 shoud be based on direct comparison. Memory is not reliable at all and our tastes change when our experience increases so our judgment can vary way more than HD800 sound sig .
I'm with you there.
We tend to hear what we want to hear and our hearing is bound to vary from day-to-day much more than the headphones are...
You own both headphones, both headphones are burned in, same rig, samt occasion, same song, everything the same..... you hear a difference then... we'll talk. Otherwise I will attribute it to something else.
I had About 10 hours of Listening. Shortly : Smoooooooooooth , better (wider+deeper) soundstage, more layering & more real imaging especially of the background of the soundstage. Great bottom end but still smooth/textured. Voices seems to gain some body. Overally the Sound seems to be thicker in a very good way. Lot of Control too . The Sonett offers full dynamics at every volume range and I can enjoy my HD800 even at very low volume. I tried briefly the IEC impedance setting and i Prefer the lowest one. Perfectly black background. I only use the lowest gain setting.
It seems I can listen to a larger range of music and that my HD800 became more forgiving.
New toy effect and personal bias with an expensive piece of gear maybe but so far, I'm Happy.
Consequently my previous amp can go to its next owner .
Edited by Sorrodje - 5/25/14 at 8:41am
So a viable test would be to have a variety of HD800s over the serial range and have them all burned in (let's say 100 hours for peace of mind). Put brand new pads on all of them. Listen through same cable and same rig and then decide.
I read a post if an actual test that was done
On a small stage with a curtain.
The test had three controls labeled to what ever
They did at the time. They then have reviewes
Change the controls and note the changes.
The outcome was nothing short of proving
Most of the changes we here are in iur own minds only.
The knobs did nothing and if I remember it correctly it was a real band behind the curtain
The pint is be happy and post what you feel as this is important to read
But all if us need to make our choices for our selves
Not me or anybody telling you. If you are happy
With a simple setup then enjoy it. If you wish to buy a 10 k setup read up plenty but audition it before you commit
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 25 seconds ago
- › AMB Alpha10 (α10) Preamp 45 seconds ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › FS: Stax 007 MK1 (serial 72XXX) 1 minute ago
- › New amp recommendation under 300$ Schiit Asgard 2? 1 minute ago
- › Which earbuds should I buy? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014 2 minutes ago
- › ACS T1 Live! Custom IEM Review: Silicone for the Big Stage 2 minutes ago
- › Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D by Pokerstar
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)