or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 722

post #10816 of 24367
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

People more rumers who comes up with these things.
Does anybody here know that our headphones are somewhat unique
Why you may ask as you say I am ass again.
Here us why each if the drivers inside has serial number
This serial number is assigned when the individual driver is tested.
The idea is the headphones are so accurate that the drivers are paired
This is so if we damage a driver they would send us a matching device
Does anyone hear think there super hearing could desern
One serial number to another.
So if this is true how could there be a difference in serial numbers of the headphones
Am I making any sense ???
Al

Why do you always sound so full of it. But I must say you always make sense. I also agree you're an ass.

post #10817 of 24367
Hahahaha look at me as a profit nobody likes
Like Jesus,s cousin that never made it into the bible
Lmao.
Al
post #10818 of 24367

I've owned 4 HD800s from 14xxx-25xxx. They all sounded identical-changing only as the rigs changed. Sennheiser has the least amount of variance and best qc of all manufacturers, bar none.

 

-Daniel

post #10819 of 24367
Wow we agree. I must be improving
But I know I am not perfect as some
Hahhahaa
post #10820 of 24367
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post
 

I've owned 4 HD800s from 14xxx-25xxx. They all sounded identical-changing only as the rigs changed. Sennheiser has the least amount of variance and best qc of all manufacturers, bar none.

 

-Daniel

 

This is actually good, you had 4 and I only had 2 ranging bwteen 19xxx and 26xxx. I am not saying anything below the serial number 26xxx are the worst senns, I want them to be the same (Not like another Headphone company that releases many countless version :o)

 

Sennheiser has the best quality control for sure.

 

Do you think it could be the aging issue then ? as you get older you tend to miss high frequencies ? Anyways, I did not liked the serial number 19xxx, it was just flat not musical at all with my same Burson HA160DS. or the lemon.. 

post #10821 of 24367
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Wow we agree. I must be improving
But I know I am not perfect as some
Hahhahaa

not quiet an ass but very modest person. haha

post #10822 of 24367
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post
 

I've owned 4 HD800s from 14xxx-25xxx. They all sounded identical-changing only as the rigs changed. Sennheiser has the least amount of variance and best qc of all manufacturers, bar none.

 

-Daniel

 

How the heck have you had 4 HD800's?

 

Did you pick them up just to see if there was any difference?

post #10823 of 24367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
 

 

This is actually good, you had 4 and I only had 2 ranging bwteen 19xxx and 26xxx. I am not saying anything below the serial number 26xxx are the worst senns, I want them to be the same (Not like another Headphone company that releases many countless version :o)

 

Sennheiser has the best quality control for sure.

 

Do you think it could be the aging issue then ? as you get older you tend to miss high frequencies ? Anyways, I did not liked the serial number 19xxx, it was just flat not musical at all with my same Burson HA160DS. or the lemon..

 

Well I didn't age too much in the 2 years or so that I owned all 4 of those. ;)

 

-Daniel

post #10824 of 24367

From my own personal experience I found an audible difference between two HD-800 units.  So discernible to my ears that one of the units was swapped for another.

 

If any of you are not aware of this thread  http://www.head-fi.org/t/433059/sennheiser-hd800-certificate-for-frequency-response-arrived/480#post_10424772  please take a look.

 

As I mentioned in my post (linked) I found a huge difference between serial numbers,  with the newer 28xxx sounding thinner than the earlier 26xxx.

 

They were unlistenable to my ears.

 

YMMV .... IMO...TBH lol and all that ;)

post #10825 of 24367

I just posted this in the deals thread, but for anyone on the fence still considering the HD-800.

 

Good until June 30  http://www.head-fi.org/t/692119/the-deals-discussion-thread-read-the-first-post/5190#post_10577099

 

Great for us Canucks especially locals

post #10826 of 24367
So newer pairs suck? ):
post #10827 of 24367
Do not read into these staments. Hd800 headphones have a far more stable sound then most likely any headphone sold or made. Buy them and enjoy them. Look for my post regarding the serial numbers on the drivers.
Al
post #10828 of 24367
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Do not read into these staments. Hd800 headphones have a far more stable sound then most likely any headphone sold or made. Buy them and enjoy them. Look for my post regarding the serial numbers on the drivers.
Al

Agreed. These are a great pair of headphones and have stood the test of time.
post #10829 of 24367

I'll find for myself soon enough...ordered. 

post #10830 of 24367
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

I'll find for myself soon enough...ordered. 

:beerchug:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread