or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 720

post #10786 of 25183
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam50000 View Post

My budget is 500$ for dac\amp and it should last me a few years before i can upgrade, so i have to choose carefuly.
Has anyone tried the Emotiva Stealth DC-1 and can report on the sound with HD800? i'm open to other options too!
Sorry for asking again, it's just i didn't get alot of answers the last time i asked. thanks!smily_headphones1.gif
There aren't a lot of good inexpensive combos that match with the HD800. That's why you didn't get many suggestions. M-Stage w/DAC or Modi/Vali seems to be the best.
post #10787 of 25183

I use this for my HD800s, cheapest solution there is, kinda tacky but gets the job done. 

 

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Headphone-Holder/dp/B003T1CWU8

post #10788 of 25183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

This is what I had with my LCD-3:

 

 *

 

I was looking at something like this for the HD800:

 

 

 

I just couldn't find something I liked with the HD800 from Room or Omega.

 

Hm...looks familiar. 

post #10789 of 25183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 


 

I was looking at something like this for the HD800:


 


 

I just couldn't find something I liked with the HD800 from Room or Omega.

 

I love this headphone stand, if it was like in $150 I will buy 6 or 8, unfortunately can't afford single one. :(
 

post #10790 of 25183
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLed View Post
 

I use this for my HD800s, cheapest solution there is, kinda tacky but gets the job done. 

 

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Headphone-Holder/dp/B003T1CWU8

i have a couple of these as well...but they hold my grados and denons...the hd800 lives in its box.

post #10791 of 25183
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

Hm...looks familiar. 

 

Yea looks a bit familiar…mines still better though :D

post #10792 of 25183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
 

 

I love this headphone stand, if it was like in $150 I will buy 6 or 8, unfortunately can't afford single one. :(
 

 

http://www.auralic.com/gemini/#Welcome

 

So, apparently Auralic made a DAC/headphone amplifier combo built inside that stand. This freaking headphone stand can do DSD.:eek: I'm losing my ship over here!!!!

post #10793 of 25183

Is anybody listening to the HD800 thru a Mad Ear +HD

post #10794 of 25183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

 

http://www.auralic.com/gemini/#Welcome

 

So, apparently Auralic made a DAC/headphone amplifier combo built inside that stand. This freaking headphone stand can do DSD.:eek: I'm losing my ship over here!!!!

yeah, the specs look pretty amazing. 2W power output...and one of the gemini threads here said that it powered the HD800 very well. promising as an all in one (and i mean ALL in one, including stand) solution.

post #10795 of 25183
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugino View Post
 

yeah, the specs look pretty amazing. 2W power output...and one of the gemini threads here said that it powered the HD800 very well. promising as an all in one (and i mean ALL in one, including stand) solution.

 

Yeah it looks really good. The offerings on the higher model look very, very good. I'd love to try one. I even have a Colorware design that would perfectly match with one of the finishes.

post #10796 of 25183
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Is anybody listening to the HD800 thru a Mad Ear +HD

I had that combination and with the right 12AX7 power tube, it was quite good!

post #10797 of 25183
Hey @pearljam50000, what about a refurb Schiit Lyr and Modi?
post #10798 of 25183
Where can i get them refurbished?
post #10799 of 25183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post

http://www.auralic.com/gemini/#Welcome

So, apparently Auralic made a DAC/headphone amplifier combo built inside that stand. This freaking headphone stand can do DSD.eek.gif I'm losing my ship over here!!!!
Ya I saw this. Its beautiful!
post #10800 of 25183
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam50000 View Post

Where can i get them refurbished?

Schiit sells them through Amazon. Full warranty and everything.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread