or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 714

post #10696 of 24297
edit
post #10697 of 24297

This thread went in a strange direction...

post #10698 of 24297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoEars View Post
 

This thread went in a strange direction...

 

Always did, Always will...

post #10699 of 24297
We all are passionate about our choices this erupts in arguing points that had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Lmao.
Al
post #10700 of 24297

The HD800s look amazing none the less, fashion-fi :smile_phones:

post #10701 of 24297

back on topic so   ¬

 

Anyone know good balanced cables for HD800? What would you guys recommend? Max budget - 500

post #10702 of 24297
Buy the senn ones they are fine and copper. Or ted Allen from headphone lounge . His cables are really good and will save you money . I use all his stuff .
Al
post #10703 of 24297

I think the DHC cables are some of the more affordable ones for what you get in the states.

 

Moon audio also makes nice ones.

 

As do toxic cables in the uk.

 

I'd personally go for pure copper cables myself.

 

If you know what you're doing you can do pure silver.

 

I'm not a big fan of mixing copper and silver, two materials with different electrical characteristics in the same cable? Hmmm... not sure how that's going to improve anything really. At least it's hard to make a scientific argument for it.

post #10704 of 24297

'Q' French silk is very nice:

 

 

post #10705 of 24297

My Toxic Cable Silver Widow's are great balanced cables for the HD800's.....

post #10706 of 24297
I am not a fan of balance cables but we all should have a set. As some amps topology just makes it a must .
Al
post #10707 of 24297

Have any of you tried the gungnir+mjolnir and the HDVD 800 with the HD800s and if so how do they stack up to each other? Which is more neutral, has wider sound stage ect. ?


Edited by PinkLed - 5/20/14 at 3:50pm
post #10708 of 24297
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

back on topic so   ¬

 

Anyone know good balanced cables for HD800? What would you guys recommend? Max budget - 500

save a lot of money and make your own. i made mine using BTG wire...

 

post #10709 of 24297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoEars View Post
 

I think the DHC cables are some of the more affordable ones for what you get in the states.

 

Moon audio also makes nice ones.

 

As do toxic cables in the uk.

 

I'd personally go for pure copper cables myself.

 

If you know what you're doing you can do pure silver.

 

I'm not a big fan of mixing copper and silver, two materials with different electrical characteristics in the same cable? Hmmm... not sure how that's going to improve anything really. At least it's hard to make a scientific argument for it.

I recently picked up the Moon Premium Black Dragon and have not been super impressed. It certainly filled in the low end more than the stock cable but seems closed in on the top and has reduced the soundstage. I guess I need to look at some other options...

post #10710 of 24297
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugino View Post

save a lot of money and make your own. i made mine using BTG wire...



Is that btg 26awg clear ofc cable?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread