Hmm...maybe I need to get a F1J..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 12/8/16 at 10:14pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 708
Gear mentioned in this thread:
But your explanation is spot on.
The amps are far easery to find but music
And the DAC to portray it is much harder.
I think most get the headphone and hate it. And from there they try to find an amp
That makes sound good. Now this is true but the DAC and music can make a great amp harsh as well
The hd800 sound really giid with the krell I had
Also the woo wa 5 and the hdvd 800. It's then the music and DAC
To make this complete. Bu even the hdvd800 with an offramp or AP1/PP makes the rig sing with good music.
It's not a great DAC it's very clear but a little thin
But look what's needed. Niw recently I have desided to do a music server win 2012.
As such I also bought a PPA USB PCI express card and the red PPA USB cable.
I had an audio GD linear psu from the USB adaptor he was selling
A while back. All I can say is wow what an improvement
Had an HD800 moment there: Debussy, Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune - OSR, Ansermet. The headphones melted away and I wasn't in front of loudspeakers, I was in the concert hall. Thank you, Sennheiser. Thank you, Norbert Lehmann.
I have two reccomendatikns for music nervana they are both dsd .
Dsd 128 opus 3 no 3
Elvis 57 Dsd 64 but it must be from acoustic sounds .
These two records are from original master analog remixed . They are absolutely as good as it gets. A must to have the Elvis is 40 but the opus is only 13 . Buy them both or buy one that will lead you to buy the next one.
Someone buy it and post results .
Thanks for mentioning this recording.
I have to admit I am not familiar at all with Ernest Ansermet but soon will take a listen. I hope I'll get to the same state as you .
Just got my HD800's today and had a quick question. About how much burn-in time do these need? They sound fantastic now but I can tell the bass is just a bit flabby and loose at the moment (but still better than my HD600's).
I tried to paste the bitly-shortened address for the above, but it got translated back again somehow! Anyway, that's the box of Ansermet in French music (32 discs, £49.50 on Amazon UK) that I'm ploughing through at the moment. Decca got some pretty marvellous sounds out of Victoria Hall, Geneva in the 1950s and 1960s - sounds that suit the HD800s very well!
Had posted a HD 800 - WA22 related post in the Woo Audio thread, though I'd link it here too :
Bass flabbiness is probably down to amp synergy, usually about 100h are recommended for burn-in time. My units bass didn't change, maybe hf smoothed out a bit. Not as drastic effect at all as with some other headphones for me.
Bass on the HD800 is definitely not flabby in most cases, that's the amp doing that. For instance the Burson HA-160 can make the HD800 a bit flabby.
When amped right the HD800 bass is one of the tightest and most precise on the market.
Ay men to that :)
I'll raise to that !
To set everyone's mind at ease, it wasn't the amp or the headphones, it was the recording and the ability of the HD800 to reproduce bass notes my former headphones could only dream of.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 3 seconds ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 1 minute ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile Closed Back Portable Options 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 9 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 9 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear