Hmm...maybe I need to get a F1J..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- They might be Kings: Focal Utopia, Sony MDR-Z1R, HiFiMan HE1000 V2 and MrSpeakers Ether Flow... Last post on 4/18/17 at 9:23am in Currawong
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 4/20/17 at 1:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 708
Gear mentioned in this thread:
But your explanation is spot on.
The amps are far easery to find but music
And the DAC to portray it is much harder.
I think most get the headphone and hate it. And from there they try to find an amp
That makes sound good. Now this is true but the DAC and music can make a great amp harsh as well
The hd800 sound really giid with the krell I had
Also the woo wa 5 and the hdvd 800. It's then the music and DAC
To make this complete. Bu even the hdvd800 with an offramp or AP1/PP makes the rig sing with good music.
It's not a great DAC it's very clear but a little thin
But look what's needed. Niw recently I have desided to do a music server win 2012.
As such I also bought a PPA USB PCI express card and the red PPA USB cable.
I had an audio GD linear psu from the USB adaptor he was selling
A while back. All I can say is wow what an improvement
Had an HD800 moment there: Debussy, Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune - OSR, Ansermet. The headphones melted away and I wasn't in front of loudspeakers, I was in the concert hall. Thank you, Sennheiser. Thank you, Norbert Lehmann.
I have two reccomendatikns for music nervana they are both dsd .
Dsd 128 opus 3 no 3
Elvis 57 Dsd 64 but it must be from acoustic sounds .
These two records are from original master analog remixed . They are absolutely as good as it gets. A must to have the Elvis is 40 but the opus is only 13 . Buy them both or buy one that will lead you to buy the next one.
Someone buy it and post results .
Thanks for mentioning this recording.
I have to admit I am not familiar at all with Ernest Ansermet but soon will take a listen. I hope I'll get to the same state as you .
Just got my HD800's today and had a quick question. About how much burn-in time do these need? They sound fantastic now but I can tell the bass is just a bit flabby and loose at the moment (but still better than my HD600's).
I tried to paste the bitly-shortened address for the above, but it got translated back again somehow! Anyway, that's the box of Ansermet in French music (32 discs, £49.50 on Amazon UK) that I'm ploughing through at the moment. Decca got some pretty marvellous sounds out of Victoria Hall, Geneva in the 1950s and 1960s - sounds that suit the HD800s very well!
Had posted a HD 800 - WA22 related post in the Woo Audio thread, though I'd link it here too :
Bass flabbiness is probably down to amp synergy, usually about 100h are recommended for burn-in time. My units bass didn't change, maybe hf smoothed out a bit. Not as drastic effect at all as with some other headphones for me.
Bass on the HD800 is definitely not flabby in most cases, that's the amp doing that. For instance the Burson HA-160 can make the HD800 a bit flabby.
When amped right the HD800 bass is one of the tightest and most precise on the market.
Ay men to that :)
I'll raise to that !
To set everyone's mind at ease, it wasn't the amp or the headphones, it was the recording and the ability of the HD800 to reproduce bass notes my former headphones could only dream of.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 seconds ago
- › Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line,... 20 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 29 seconds ago
- › Replacement for my Westone 3's 33 seconds ago
- › FS: AKG K872 39 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 46 seconds ago
- › $100 dac with spidf? 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear