Does anyone use their HD800 with a modmic? I just got one last night but noticed that the magnet is being held against the headphone and didn't know if that had any ill effects. Some cursory research seems to imply that this shouldn't matter, but I figured I would check to see if anyone had any insight there.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 7/13/15 at 4:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 8/23/15 at 2:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
This is my review for the new S3 from Brainwavz. Nicknamed the silver bullet for it's silver color and long slender shape. Thanks to Brainwavz for the S3 review sample. I have previously had the...
Hi all, I just want to say that it's my first review done on a product but I'm very proud to do it on a FIIO product. Review of the new FIIO EX1 In-ear Monitors. I will use the EX1 with the FIIO X1...
Many thanks to RHA for RHA T20 Tour Program! The T20 unit in this review is demo unit from the RHA T20 Tour Program: http://www.head-fi.org/t/770875/rha-t20-tour-program-reviewers-wanted Product...
The WA22 is my third Desktop Amp and second tube amp. I got it through AV One, a local retailer here, after 2 rounds of testing and I was impressed enough to purchase it. Built like a tank...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 700
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Now that's a gaming headset....
Can't imagine it should matter, maybe on a theoretical level. But hardly on a practical one.
Sure, it hardly sounds its best like that but it can be done. Matrix M-stage is often recommended.
Edited by TwoEars - 5/12/14 at 1:48pm
As the hd800 are extreme in detail and and having cheaper DAC and amp is looking for
An unhappy audio experience
I am sure I will get bashed now. But someone needs to be honest
hey Al.....I agree with you
I'm inclined to agree as well.
A cheap DAC/AMP can be a stopgap if you want to get the HD800 now and uprade the rest later.
But it's not so good if that's how you're planning to use it in the long run.
HD600/650 are better for that, much more forgiving.
No HD600/650 rig would touch it.
Edited by Maxvla - 5/12/14 at 3:09pm
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Affordable Balanced Cable for Sennheiser HD650 17 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 33 seconds ago
- › Flawless albums 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD668b repair 6 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 9 minutes ago
- › post headphone plug replacement question.... 10 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 12 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 13 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohm - Modded for sound quality and... 15 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by LaRevolu
- › Nuforce NE800M by Dsnuts
- › Chord&Major 5'14 "World" by BloodyPenguin
- › Woo Audio WA 6 SE by PETEREK
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2