Does anyone use their HD800 with a modmic? I just got one last night but noticed that the magnet is being held against the headphone and didn't know if that had any ill effects. Some cursory research seems to imply that this shouldn't matter, but I figured I would check to see if anyone had any insight there.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:47am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 5/29/15 at 6:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 700
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Now that's a gaming headset....
Can't imagine it should matter, maybe on a theoretical level. But hardly on a practical one.
Sure, it hardly sounds its best like that but it can be done. Matrix M-stage is often recommended.
Edited by TwoEars - 5/12/14 at 1:48pm
As the hd800 are extreme in detail and and having cheaper DAC and amp is looking for
An unhappy audio experience
I am sure I will get bashed now. But someone needs to be honest
hey Al.....I agree with you
I'm inclined to agree as well.
A cheap DAC/AMP can be a stopgap if you want to get the HD800 now and uprade the rest later.
But it's not so good if that's how you're planning to use it in the long run.
HD600/650 are better for that, much more forgiving.
No HD600/650 rig would touch it.
Edited by Maxvla - 5/12/14 at 3:09pm
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) 30 seconds ago
- › AUDEZE LCD-2 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 9 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 9 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Donald Trump, the man everyone wanted to be just like. 12 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 13 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)