Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 692

post #10366 of 18817
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoEars View Post
 

 

As a level 10 computer expert I also feel obligated to tell you that your monitor needs to be bigger! :D

 

I could never stand working on such a small monitor, I have one 27-inch and one 24-inch display at my working desk.

 

The more working deskspace the better! Plus you can keep head-fi, foobar2000, internet tv or youtube open on one display if you have nothing better going on....

Well, it IS a 24" Display... so... ;)

 

The speakers are big, maybe thats why everything looks so tiny. 

 

I got two. The other one is on one of the smaller pics at the right. I'm a Graphic Designer, so I mostly work with both the Display you see there and my Wacom Cintiq on the right. :)

 

Here is a bigger screenshot: https://www.flickr.com/photos/-kent-/8737615025/

post #10367 of 18817
Quote:
Originally Posted by -kent- View Post

Well, it IS a 24" Display... so... wink.gif

The speakers are big, maybe thats why everything looks so tiny. 

I got two. The other one is on one of the smaller pics at the right. I'm a Graphic Designer, so I mostly work with both the Display you see there and my Wacom Cintiq on the right. smily_headphones1.gif

Here is a bigger screenshot: https://www.flickr.com/photos/-kent-/8737615025/

Your living room is so neat!!! Very clean.
post #10368 of 18817
Quote:
Originally Posted by -kent- View Post
 

Well, it IS a 24" Display... so... ;)

 

The speakers are big, maybe thats why everything looks so tiny. 

 

I got two. The other one is on one of the smaller pics at the right. I'm a Graphic Designer, so I mostly work with both the Display you see there and my Wacom Cintiq on the right. :)

 

Here is a bigger screenshot: https://www.flickr.com/photos/-kent-/8737615025/


Is it? I'll be damned, it looks so small. Like a 22 or something. Must be big speakers and a pretty big desk that creates the illusion.

 

Now I see the smaller screen or the right as well! That's actually a pretty nice setup then! I'll take it back! ;)

post #10369 of 18817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post


Your living room is so neat!!! Very clean.

you mean from this picture?

 

 

yeah I love white + teal. It's a small apartment, but I enjoy it as much as I can. :)

 

@TwoEars - thank you :D

The speakers are the Audioengine A5 - also something head-fi pointed me to in the past. ;)

The cintiq is mounted on an Ergotron-Mounting-System, so it's only there if I need it. Otherwise it's in the back. You can draw on the Cintiq like on papr with a pencil, just digital and in (for example) Photoshop

(or you could just use it as a secondary youtube-monitor ;) )

post #10370 of 18817
Quote:
Originally Posted by -kent- View Post
 

you mean from this picture?

 

 

yeah I love white + teal. It's a small apartment, but I enjoy it as much as I can. :)

 

@TwoEars - thank you :D

The speakers are the Audioengine A5 - also something head-fi pointed me to in the past. ;)

The cintiq is mounted on an Ergotron-Mounting-System, so it's only there if I need it. Otherwise it's in the back. You can draw on the Cintiq like on papr with a pencil, just digital and in (for example) Photoshop

(or you could just use it as a secondary youtube-monitor ;) )

That's a beautiful and well organized room.

post #10371 of 18817
Quote:
Originally Posted by -kent- View Post

you mean from this picture?




yeah I love white + teal. It's a small apartment, but I enjoy it as much as I can. smily_headphones1.gif

@TwoEars - thank you biggrin.gif
The speakers are the Audioengine A5 - also something head-fi pointed me to in the past. wink.gif
The cintiq is mounted on an Ergotron-Mounting-System, so it's only there if I need it. Otherwise it's in the back. You can draw on the Cintiq like on papr with a pencil, just digital and in (for example) Photoshop
(or you could just use it as a secondary youtube-monitor wink.gif )

Ya so clean and neat. Thumbs up! wink.gif
post #10372 of 18817

Thank you all so much! :D

post #10373 of 18817

And You've got one of those aeron chairs.

 

So  have I.

 

It's not bad, but I wish I'd spent the money on a pair of HD800s!  :confused_face:

post #10374 of 18817

Haha, yes. It's actually the successor to the Aaron Chair. It's the Embody Chair by Herman Miller :)

 

The chair can be pretty comfy 

 

But I bought it a few years ago, and my old chair died because of one of my "bigger" friends. After that I only had a little stool. Not good for my back, and since I was really hoping to buy the Embody Chair someday... so I bought it. ;)

post #10375 of 18817
Quote:
Originally Posted by -kent- View Post
 

Recently got my pair of HD800. After that I thought I should finally join this community. ;)

(Since head-fi.org is one of the main reasons why my pockets are now empty :P)

 

This are my beloved HD 800 <3

 

 

If someone like the shot, I can give a direct link to my flickr page for high rez Wallpapers.

I never heard better headphones than the HD800 before. I upgraded them from my HD 650 after more or less 7 years. :)

 

Beautiful image - thanks for sharing it, as well as the other excellent work on your flikr page!

 

I love your hp stand as well.  Would you mind sharing the make/model?   

post #10376 of 18817
post #10377 of 18817

I bought a headphone stand once, but then I laid my headphones on the desk. :rolleyes:

post #10378 of 18817

I do that with my T1 but a bit scary with 800 unless there is something soft underneath.

post #10379 of 18817
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyOne View Post
 

I do that with my T1 but a bit scary with 800 unless there is something soft underneath.

 

Same here lol, I have no problem putting my T1 on my desk but for some reason I'm scared to do the same with the HD800.. Maybe because subconsciously we think the HD800 is more valuable? 

post #10380 of 18817

Not that, I am scare of scratching the paint job lol!  I have seen early HD800 demo units at shops with paint work all scratch up....


Edited by SleepyOne - 5/6/14 at 4:30pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread