Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 689

post #10321 of 18780
Ya get it from canada if you can since canadian dollar is weak. wink.gif
post #10322 of 18780

Yeah CAD has been ****. Making buying from US useless for the last few months. In the meanwhile, I've been messing with colorware and and came up with these three variations:

 

A) http://www.colorware.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=289&SEName=sennheiser-hd-800&c=3en-254qg%7C3eo-257pm%7C3ep-259yg%7C3eq-25ckg%7C3er-25fjg

 

B) http://www.colorware.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=289&SEName=sennheiser-hd-800&c=3en-254qg%7C3eo-256wm%7C3ep-259yg%7C3eq-25ckg%7C3er-25epg

 

C) http://www.colorware.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=289&SEName=sennheiser-hd-800&c=3en-254qg%7C3eo-257pm%7C3ep-259yg%7C3eq-25ckg%7C3er-25epg

 

 

I tried to pick something different than the red, blue, black and white common design. Only changing the colour of the mesh and the hinge. Both A and B use the same colour for both pieces while C uses one of each.

 

I like A and C over B. Just something for fun now. Might pursue it down the road after auditioning the HE-560 when they become available along with Stax.

 

EDIT: Just realized I didn't touch the gloss vs matte settings. Matte will probably better suit those colours.


Edited by Zoom25 - 5/4/14 at 9:23pm
post #10323 of 18780
Called and got the Auralic Vega and Taurus for $4500 with shipping included. Got my HD800 for $1250.
post #10324 of 18780
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyam View Post

Called and got the Auralic Vega and Taurus for $4500 with shipping included. Got my HD800 for $1250.

Now you need to get some balanced cable for your new HD800's and you are all set.

post #10325 of 18780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodi View Post

Now you need to get some balanced cable for your new HD800's and you are all set.

Complement3 already on the way smily_headphones1.gif
post #10326 of 18780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

Yeah CAD has been ****. Making buying from US useless for the last few months. In the meanwhile, I've been messing with colorware and and came up with these three variations:

 

A) http://www.colorware.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=289&SEName=sennheiser-hd-800&c=3en-254qg%7C3eo-257pm%7C3ep-259yg%7C3eq-25ckg%7C3er-25fjg

 

B) http://www.colorware.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=289&SEName=sennheiser-hd-800&c=3en-254qg%7C3eo-256wm%7C3ep-259yg%7C3eq-25ckg%7C3er-25epg

 

C) http://www.colorware.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=289&SEName=sennheiser-hd-800&c=3en-254qg%7C3eo-257pm%7C3ep-259yg%7C3eq-25ckg%7C3er-25epg

 

 

I tried to pick something different than the red, blue, black and white common design. Only changing the colour of the mesh and the hinge. Both A and B use the same colour for both pieces while C uses one of each.

 

I like A and C over B. Just something for fun now. Might pursue it down the road after auditioning the HE-560 when they become available along with Stax.

 

EDIT: Just realized I didn't touch the gloss vs matte settings. Matte will probably better suit those colours.

I like the direction your going here. It gives them a kind of retro look. For my preference I like 'B' the colors are more subtle and blend nicely. I like the others too, but I'm not sure how contrasting that brown will look in real life. 

post #10327 of 18780


Just ordered HD800 from below

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SALE-BRAND-NEW-SENNHEISER-HD800-HD-800-DYNMIC-OPEN-BACK-STEREO-HEADPHONE-/221363074087?pt=AU_headphone&hash=item338a447427

 

Additional usd60 for customs and usd 50 in S&H still in total below usd1200 seems to be decent deal...

 

only "need" the Taurus and Vega + balanced cable on I would be good to go for a while.....:L3000: 

post #10328 of 18780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widell View Post
 


Just ordered HD800 from below

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SALE-BRAND-NEW-SENNHEISER-HD800-HD-800-DYNMIC-OPEN-BACK-STEREO-HEADPHONE-/221363074087?pt=AU_headphone&hash=item338a447427

 

Additional usd60 for customs and usd 50 in S&H still in total below usd1200 seems to be decent deal...

 

only "need" the Taurus and Vega + balanced cable on I would be good to go for a while.....:L3000: 

That is an excellent price! I am surprised the Senn police haven't cut their throats. Rarely seen a better bargain.

post #10329 of 18780


Me too, that is why my Credit card is smoking....:D just could not let it pass...

post #10330 of 18780
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

I have heard the Keff R500 through a Nice Rotel amp (my friend owns this system) and don't think it compares to even my WA2/HD800. Most people will disagree with me here but i think you have to scale much higher in a HIfi system with a treated room to compare to a good HD800 rig. 

 

All of this crap about MidFi speaker setups are much better than HD800 rigs are exactly that - crap. I just will not agree on this. I have heard the Keff R500 for long listening sessions many many times and my HD800 rig kicks its ass (IMO). 

I agree to a point and wanted to add some:

 

I get to this argument with my friends a lot and it seems for some the speaker presentation is a must.

Most problems with speakers above mid-fi are from room effects. Even top tier speakers (save for some dipole designs perhaps, which i have yet to hear) can not scale above great headphone setups in a regular room. 

In my poor bedroom  my speaker rig is only good for watching youtube videos. Even mid-fi in ears sound better here for me.

Things change drastically when i move the speakers to my listening room.

   

Although i have not heard these particular Keff speakers i have to say my own TOTL speaker setup in treated room leaves any headphone rigs i have heard very far behind. And i consider myself a ''headphones guy''.

For HD800 defence I think HD800 can extract a bit more details in upper registers than my speaker rig and i do not yet have amping requirement quite met with HD800.


Edited by Priidik - 5/5/14 at 3:44am
post #10331 of 18780
Very good statements from both of you. As I am all three major audio groups CIEM,s headphones and speakers. Well setup good speakers blows away headphones but not in every way.
Speakers give you real staging in ways headphones do not. Speakers give you effects of the studio or venue that headphones do not . But there is details that head ones may give you that speakers do not. Now given a cheap rig is far below a cheap headphone rig. So in the end you can spend say 5 K on a really good headphone rig. And if with speakers that is nothing . When evaluating our equipment we should use both headphones and speakers to complete a more rounded pic of the sound.
May I Recomend the HDVD600. Fro the hd 800. It is the best I have heard yet those headphones
Al
Edited by ALRAINBOW - 5/5/14 at 3:56am
post #10332 of 18780
Al, picked up a slightly used Perfectwave DAC MKI with the bridge for 500.00 wow my HD800 / HDVD800 never sounded better, it's an amazing combo.
post #10333 of 18780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priidik View Post
 

I agree to a point and wanted to add some:

 

I get to this argument with my friends a lot and it seems for some the speaker presentation is a must.

Most problems with speakers above mid-fi are from room effects. Even top tier speakers (save for some dipole designs perhaps, which i have yet to hear) can not scale above great headphone setups in a regular room. 

In my poor bedroom  my speaker rig is only good for watching youtube videos. Even mid-fi in ears sound better here for me.

Things change drastically when i move the speakers to my listening room.

   

Although i have not heard these particular Keff speakers i have to say my own TOTL speaker setup in treated room leaves any headphone rigs i have heard very far behind. And i consider myself a ''headphones guy''.

For HD800 defence I think HD800 can extract a bit more details in upper registers than my speaker rig and i do not yet have amping requirement quite met with HD800.

I have never heard a truly high end speaker rig in a treated room before but i can imagine that it would sound amazing. 

post #10334 of 18780
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBERLIGHT View Post

Wow I am happy for you. The hd800 and the hdvd800 is a amazing combo
The DAC is the week link and you have moved on to
A really good setup. In own the pwd mkii it's pretty good too
Enjoy it.
Al

Thank you very much and I thought it sounded really well which it does! but the level of increased sound quality with the Perfectwave DAC is really on a whole other level.
post #10335 of 18780
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post
 

I like the direction your going here. It gives them a kind of retro look. For my preference I like 'B' the colors are more subtle and blend nicely. I like the others too, but I'm not sure how contrasting that brown will look in real life. 

LOL yup you're right. B does look better this morning. I came up with it last night on my older 2010 Macbook pro and the colours made the others seem better. On my newer Retina version today, B definitely looks more fitting. I guess I should find someone with a high end calibrated screen if I do order one.

 

I hope the colours turn out well in real life and as suggested on website..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread