Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Not expensive cable for Sennheiser HD 800 Last post on 12/6/13 at 8:15am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations Last post on Today at 9:35 am in Dedicated Source Components
- Yet another HD800 thread... Last post on Today at 10:53 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 12/3/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread - Page 406post #6076 of 682110/31/13 at 7:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6077 of 682111/1/13 at 3:02ampost #6078 of 682111/1/13 at 10:57amQuote:
Their stands are top notch quality, i have a mini silver one from them. I also have some handmade bamboo stands i like very much too :)post #6079 of 682111/2/13 at 5:53ampost #6080 of 682111/2/13 at 6:14amQuote:
Fixed it for you :) Great avatar by the way.post #6081 of 682111/2/13 at 8:01am
Thank you and thank you! I think Ayreon is maybe the most underrated music project in our modern days. I always say to people that if you like Pink Floyd, you will love Ayreon.post #6082 of 682111/2/13 at 3:28pmpost #6083 of 682111/2/13 at 4:04pmpost #6084 of 682111/2/13 at 9:42pmQuote:
brunken audio does it againpost #6085 of 682111/3/13 at 1:21amQuote:
I never heard of Ayreon, but I do love Pink Floyd (one of my top 5 fav bands). I will surely give Ayreon a listen.post #6086 of 682111/3/13 at 5:34amQuote:
Yeah he is very cool. For starters, I recommend the album "Into the Electric Castle". If you want an added twist, get TB Isone for a great experience. Do note that most his albums are stories, and it's recommended to have time for the full duration of the album.post #6087 of 682111/3/13 at 5:51amQuote:Originally Posted by brunk
Yeah he is very cool. For starters, I recommend the album "Into the Electric Castle". If you want an added twist, get TB Isone for a great experience. Do note that most his albums are stories, and it's recommended to have time for the full duration of the album.
Sounds interesting - i will give this a go as well .post #6088 of 682111/3/13 at 8:39amQuote:
Thanks for the recommendation. Im listening to "Into the Electric Castle" right now. Definitely interesting. I'm hearing more Rush than Floyd so far... Kind of Spocks Beard "ish" actually.
Edited by palmfish - 11/3/13 at 8:40ampost #6089 of 682111/3/13 at 9:08amQuote:
Yeah, Ayreon is great for Sci-Fi / Fantasy lovers. I'd wager that if Pink Floyd was formed in this era, he would be very similar to Ayreon, but yeah he is more on the faster side of Prog Rock like Rush. Another good album is "The Human Equation" and just days ago a new album has finally been released that I will be listening to sometime this week.post #6090 of 682111/3/13 at 10:57am
i know its been said before but i just experienced this again last night: watching movies with the hd800 is soo good. gets a bit weird/scary at times when sounds in the movie sound like they are coming from my home (had to pause the movie to make sure it was actually from the film)! this has happened to me multiple times in difference movies now with the hd800, and never had this feeling with my hd650 before. maybe my new dac helps too but mostly the hd800 i think.
- The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Creative ZxR with external amp or all-in-one system? 5 seconds ago
- › The Canon Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Is there a cheapere alternative to B&W MM-1 Speakers? 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW ATH-ES700.. 2 minutes ago
- › Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) 3 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-500 6 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi