thanks guys for the info.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on Today at 4:28 am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Not expensive cable for Sennheiser HD 800 Last post on 12/6/13 at 8:15am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations Last post on Yesterday at 11:07 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Yet another HD800 thread... Last post on 12/10/13 at 12:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 12/3/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread - Page 392post #5866 of 685910/2/13 at 3:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5867 of 685910/2/13 at 4:07pmJust discovered Gregory Porter - downloaded the liquid spirit album after hearing him on Jools Holland. I think it's the best sounding album I've heard on the 800s. Stunning production and mastering .post #5868 of 685910/2/13 at 4:26pmQuote:
I have his 3 albums, i prefer the other 2 - "Water" and "Be Good" also i seen him live with Roy Hargrove, it was one of the best gigs that i have ever seen.post #5869 of 685910/2/13 at 4:55pmpost #5870 of 685910/2/13 at 5:03pm
amazing stuff - kinda like Donny Hathaway/ Marvin Gaye with lots of jazzy overtones, the vocals are not as smooth as Marvin though.post #5871 of 685910/2/13 at 5:28pmpost #5872 of 685910/2/13 at 11:13pmI will look forward to checking out the other 2 albums . Speaking of well albums that make the HD800 shine , anyone got some recommendations? Maybe an album that could of slipped under the radar.post #5873 of 685910/3/13 at 1:12am
I've got "Liquid Spirit" and "Be good" and I agree with above statement. Overally fabulous albums and that sounds especially good on HD800 .
Since I have my HD800 I listen massively to Classical and Modern Jazz .. these last days :
... listening to those musics through HD800 is really sublime.post #5874 of 685910/3/13 at 8:23amQuote:
Dire Straights/Mark Knopfler Private Investigations
Radiohead Best Of
-Danielpost #5875 of 685910/3/13 at 8:39am
Dream Theater's latest self-titled album is pretty sick. Sound quality is also quite good for a non-audiophile, rock album.
HDtracks currently offers a hi-rez version of this album.post #5876 of 685910/3/13 at 8:53amQuote:
You can listen to everything produced on some jazz labels like ECM ou ACT for example but most of recent Jazz recordings sound perfectly with my HD800.post #5877 of 685910/3/13 at 3:40pmpost #5878 of 685910/3/13 at 3:43pmpost #5879 of 685910/3/13 at 3:53pm
Now on to a new amp and DAC to do this thing justice... I will probably wait since the wife isn't the happiest with me currently lol.post #5880 of 685910/3/13 at 4:02pmQuote:
i need a new dac also - my next purchase
- The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 34 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 1 minute ago
- › Spending $1,500 on 5+ Headphones to Compare for YOU guys. Which... 2 minutes ago
- › Review: JDS Labs O2 (Black edition) + O2/ODAC discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Dog-fi 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › IEM selection 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe