Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on Today at 4:28 am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Not expensive cable for Sennheiser HD 800 Last post on 12/6/13 at 8:15am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations Last post on Yesterday at 11:07 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Yet another HD800 thread... Last post on 12/10/13 at 12:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 12/3/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #437 of 68593/2/13 at 4:46ampost #438 of 68593/2/13 at 5:33ampost #439 of 68593/2/13 at 5:36ampost #440 of 68593/2/13 at 5:39ampost #441 of 68593/2/13 at 5:48ampost #442 of 68593/2/13 at 7:04ampost #443 of 68593/2/13 at 12:29pmpost #444 of 68593/2/13 at 2:05pmpost #445 of 68593/2/13 at 2:12pm
S/N 4380 checking in...I bought them as "factory refurbished" from a local shop last May and they sound fantastic. Not sure what exactly was refurbished so I could have newer drivers or maybe not. Either way, I heard them (only pair they had) and had to have them.
I am listening to them with my speaker amp through speaker taps right now and they sound even more fantabulous.post #446 of 68593/2/13 at 2:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Frank I
Usually it the amp that cant handle the swing of the recordings. The hd800 us very easy to drive but will scale up with upstream amps. The headphone can handle everything and I have never hear it collapse even on my most demanding albums. I have hdcd recordings that will challenge the most demanding systems and the HD800 always performs. I came from ultra high end 2 channel and had the 15K Genesis V driven by another 20K worth of amps ad preamps and sources and the HD800 satisfy me and very happy with my setup. Keep working at and try different amps and sources and maybe you will find the right combo for you. It takes a bit of time to adjust but I find the experience more intimate and hardly use speakers anymore,
The Lyr is my first personally owned tube amp, also it's the first time I've had to break in tubes. Well I'm around 100hrs in with this pair and it happened. ipost #447 of 68593/2/13 at 3:03pmMoving beyond the *lame* discussion of serial numbers, I'd like to plug my favorite amp for the HD800 which is the DNA Stratus. The 2a3 is a great complement to the 800s. Directly heated triodes in general seem better than any smaller dual triodes or octals. They allow the 800s to retain their even frequency reponse while fleshing them out both up and down. The precise bones take on great body. The 2a3 is the best I've heard so far- better than the 300b. Next is the 45 when I get my BA redone. Any thoughts?post #448 of 68593/2/13 at 3:24pmpost #449 of 68593/2/13 at 3:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by fejnomit
Moving beyond the *lame* discussion of serial numbers, I'd like to plug my favorite amp for the HD800 which is the DNA Stratus. The 2a3 is a great complement to the 800s. Directly heated triodes in general seem better than any smaller dual triodes or octals. They allow the 800s to retain their even frequency reponse while fleshing them out both up and down. The precise bones take on great body. The 2a3 is the best I've heard so far- better than the 300b. Next is the 45 when I get my BA redone. Any thoughts?
+1 on the Stratus/HD800. No need to worry too much about serial numbers, mods, or cables. Just plug and play.post #450 of 68593/2/13 at 4:24pmQuote:
Took a peak at it and before I spend that much... I think I would DIY. IMHO when you start to get into point to point wired gear... tweaking to your preference is key. Are there any circuit board designed amps out there that are even in the same ballpark as this amp?
- The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from soundMAGIC E-30 8 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 55 seconds ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › CD vs Turntable , whats better with a small budget 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 3 minutes ago
- › Mini-REVIEW: MOE Audio SS01 (WARNING: Tongue-In-Cheek and Tacky) 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe