I'm thinking that Sennheiser produce lot of drivers, that some some variation naturally occurs, but then they try to isolate a couple of divers that are well matched to create a hd800 .
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Closed headphone alternative to HD 800 Last post on Yesterday at 4:03 am in Headphones (full-size)
- best portable headphone-600$ Last post on 12/15/13 at 5:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Budget AMP worth to power Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? Last post on Yesterday at 6:48 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help! Budget AMP worth of Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? Last post on 12/17/13 at 6:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Moving from speakers to headphones only (HD800) - to DAC or not to DAC. Last post on Yesterday at 10:32 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 69632/27/13 at 4:20pm
So it's after S/N 19000 ... hmm.. interesting.. please someone send theirs for measurement to Tyll or anybody capable. I'm still in honeymoon tho
Highest that Purrin tested was 15xxxx?
I guess I'm joinin team "Doesn't get much better than HD 800 S/N > 19000"
I don't expect my HD 800 to be this good.. but this bass makes it very fun headphone.. nice PRAT. And there is no treble peak, no fatiguepost #378 of 69632/27/13 at 4:26pm
My pair are either in the 500s or 600s. It was from the first batch they ever shipped. THAT's old hat.post #379 of 69632/27/13 at 4:33pmNot sure if he has tested any higher than mine which is 16k, but I seriously doubt there was a change. Perhaps people have better synergy in their rigs now. I know my HD800s sound very different than when I heard HD800s the first time on a rig I now know to be quite inferior to what I have now.post #380 of 69632/27/13 at 4:34pm
Mine is 153XX and it is all of the above also. I was expecting a very sterile headphone and what I got is more fun than any other headphone I've owned. The music just sounds right and is very dynamic.
I was really expecting to send the HD800 back and purchase another HE-500 or LCD-2 but the HD800 isn't going anywhere!post #381 of 69632/27/13 at 6:07pmIma laugh at the cable skeptics when someone cuts open a 19xxx+ HD800 cable and find that Senn ditched the spc for something better and this was the only change. Do it, somebody...
-Danielpost #382 of 69632/27/13 at 6:31pmStill breaking my new pair in 208XX. I know these are the cans for me. Next will be upgrading the chain. I like my integrated unit because I like speakers and simplicity. However thinking of the Bryston headphone amp next hahapost #383 of 69632/27/13 at 6:35pmpost #384 of 69632/27/13 at 6:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Solude
Nope. Now using a brighter DAC and more laid back amp and still ended up with a bass monster that is dynamic... go figure.
Rig at that time was W4S DAC-2 and Apex Peak w/ a Sylvania Bad Boy.
I have the W4S DAC-2 and the Decware CSP2+ with SN 20521 and it has great slam. I have not heard any of the early versions, This is the best system I have had so far and I am really happy (Of course I do have the Taboo Mk III on order.. )post #385 of 69632/27/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
Naughty....post #386 of 69632/27/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
I waiting for my copper cable to come in and will be able to hear for myself just how gimp or not the stock cable is.post #387 of 69632/27/13 at 6:45pm
It has a lot to do with your reviews... I've never heard it, but like the Bryston brand in general, doubt I'll be disappointed. I use their dac and preamp on one of the systems at work and love them.post #388 of 69632/27/13 at 6:49pmThere are actually a lot of BHA-1 owners around. They seem to hide in the shadows though, kinda weird. I find new owners all the time but always while I'm looking at threads on other topics.post #389 of 69632/27/13 at 9:32pmQuote:
Uncle Erik bought his pair very shortly after I got mine and was also in the first production run. His had slightly more bass than my pair but had slightly less detail and soundstage width. So I doubt it has anything to do with new serial numbers vs. old ones. All drivers will have some variance and that is why Sennheiser matches driver pairs to within half a decibel.
Unless they have a new supplier of materials for their ring radiator driver, I highly doubt there are such great sonic differences between the serial numbers.post #390 of 69632/28/13 at 12:32am
My serial number is 00852 and I don't want anything else.
Out of the WA6 with a Cardas cable they are soooo much better than my LCD2Rev2.....the bass has control and slam;the 3D soundstage is like AVATAR for the ears and soon I will get some Norse adapter to use them balanced with my ALO chainmail on a Phoenix.
- The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Question about tube amps 9 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Brainwavz M2 - beyond gamma 22 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 33 seconds ago
- › The Apex High Fi Audio Teton! 49 seconds ago
- › Headphones with deep bass, but clear mids and highs? 54 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Elite TWag v2 Elipse (Jha/Westone pins) 48" iem cable 2 minutes ago
- › [Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise. 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe