Well, my HD700 are sold and I just ordered a pair of HD800. Long story but it may take a few weeks. Looking forward to it!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- my new HD800's - buy expensive balanced XLR female cable to try $15K preamp or buy dedicated... Last post on 4/15/14 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HELP! Suggestions for Sennheiser HD800 - HDVD800 or WA22? Last post on 4/15/14 at 8:21pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Trying out Headphones Last post on 4/11/14 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock Headphone Impressions here, No Mods... Last post on Today at 5:58 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best "You Are There" Headphones.... Sennheiser HD 800s? Last post on 3/29/14 at 1:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread - Page 180post #2686 of 99765/14/13 at 12:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2687 of 99765/14/13 at 1:32pmQuote:
Did you go colorware?
Edited by preproman - 5/14/13 at 2:22pmpost #2688 of 99765/14/13 at 1:49pmpost #2689 of 99765/14/13 at 1:57pm
No.. just using my inside retail connections. Wish I could do the Colorware black/cranberry but cross border orders are a PIA.post #2690 of 99765/14/13 at 5:30pmQuote:
It is worth the wait MV!post #2691 of 99765/14/13 at 9:17pmpost #2692 of 99765/14/13 at 9:39pmQuote:
Oh right...the Moth to the flame is a different amp now...
Edit: Levi will still be quite expensive though.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 5/14/13 at 9:42pmpost #2693 of 99765/14/13 at 10:32pmpost #2694 of 99765/15/13 at 7:17am
Maybe but there seems like there hasn't been an update in awhile.post #2695 of 99765/15/13 at 11:59am
Guys I think I am going to go wither either the WA2 Or WA6-SE for my HD800 setup. DAC wise I only need USB, I have no use for optical or coax since I am using a computer setup and I won't be connecting a CD transport or anything. Should I just go with something like an ODAC? Any recommendations?post #2696 of 99765/15/13 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by OICWUTUDIDTHAR
Guys I think I am going to go wither either the WA2 Or WA6-SE for my HD800 setup. DAC wise I only need USB, I have no use for optical or coax since I am using a computer setup and I won't be connecting a CD transport or anything. Should I just go with something like an ODAC? Any recommendations?
If you are set on going for usb only then try and make sure you get a dac with a asynchronous usb input. Normal usb inputs can give you jitter and are mostly limited to 16bit 44hz. Don't want to go down the bit war arguments.. but newer dacs have asynchronous usb implementation for a reason. It will clock the data received so that you get a bit perfect signal before it reaches the dac stage.
Also, there are plenty of usb to spdif converters on the market at the moment and I would recommend using one of those if you are using computer as source then you can feed the dac through the coaxial input (this is generally considered the best input). This will also give you the flexibility of using any dac.
Also, if you are on a budget then yes an odac will do you for now. But I would highly recommend upgrading asap as the HD800's will show it for what it is. A budget dac. Your source is as important as your amp and so try and find something equal to your Woo. Maybe a Bitfrost.
I can highly recommend the Vdac mkII as a quality alternative and it plays well with the HD800's. It has asynchronous usb and can easily compete with any mid price dac that I have heard.
Good luck :)post #2697 of 99765/15/13 at 1:33pm
Can anyone comment on how the Bifrost w/ the "Uber Analog" upgrade sounds with the HD800? I'd plan on using the Bifrost's optical input so I'm not as concerned with the "USB Gen 2" upgrade (though impressions there are certainly welcome).post #2698 of 99765/15/13 at 1:34pmpost #2699 of 99765/15/13 at 2:05pmQuote:
I can't comment on the Uber, safe to assume it's better than stock, but the real gem of the Gung is the digital input section. Give you a hint, PWD2 Digital Lens, for several thousands less ;)post #2700 of 99765/15/13 at 2:42pm
Very intriguing.. I've typically (almost always) had better results with optical and coax connections on DACs vs USB.. even on a nice until like the V800. So an improved USB section on the Bifrost would certainly be something I'd invest in if its worth it. I planned on using the Meridian Explorer as a USB-to-SPDIF converter (to feed the Bifrost), but if the USB on the Bifrost delivers, it's one less thing to have to hook up.
- The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 56 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 2 minutes ago
- › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 7 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 7 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob