Well, my HD700 are sold and I just ordered a pair of HD800. Long story but it may take a few weeks. Looking forward to it!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 12/3/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for recommendations: balanced amplifier for high sensitivity headphones with preamp out... Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which headphone to get? HD800 or T1? Last post on 11/19/13 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs hd 800, dt880, hd380pro bass comparison? Last post on 11/15/13 at 12:51am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
The purple edition of this headphone is a hidden gem. Most people see me wearing these and assume I am some unacknowledged sheeple. While this is possible, I would attest to the argument that these...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread - Page 180post #2686 of 67775/14/13 at 12:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2687 of 67775/14/13 at 1:32pmQuote:
Did you go colorware?
Edited by preproman - 5/14/13 at 2:22pmpost #2688 of 67775/14/13 at 1:49pmpost #2689 of 67775/14/13 at 1:57pm
No.. just using my inside retail connections. Wish I could do the Colorware black/cranberry but cross border orders are a PIA.post #2690 of 67775/14/13 at 5:30pmQuote:
It is worth the wait MV!post #2691 of 67775/14/13 at 9:17pmpost #2692 of 67775/14/13 at 9:39pmQuote:
Oh right...the Moth to the flame is a different amp now...
Edit: Levi will still be quite expensive though.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 5/14/13 at 9:42pmpost #2693 of 67775/14/13 at 10:32pmpost #2694 of 67775/15/13 at 7:17am
Maybe but there seems like there hasn't been an update in awhile.post #2695 of 67775/15/13 at 11:59am
Guys I think I am going to go wither either the WA2 Or WA6-SE for my HD800 setup. DAC wise I only need USB, I have no use for optical or coax since I am using a computer setup and I won't be connecting a CD transport or anything. Should I just go with something like an ODAC? Any recommendations?post #2696 of 67775/15/13 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by OICWUTUDIDTHAR
Guys I think I am going to go wither either the WA2 Or WA6-SE for my HD800 setup. DAC wise I only need USB, I have no use for optical or coax since I am using a computer setup and I won't be connecting a CD transport or anything. Should I just go with something like an ODAC? Any recommendations?
If you are set on going for usb only then try and make sure you get a dac with a asynchronous usb input. Normal usb inputs can give you jitter and are mostly limited to 16bit 44hz. Don't want to go down the bit war arguments.. but newer dacs have asynchronous usb implementation for a reason. It will clock the data received so that you get a bit perfect signal before it reaches the dac stage.
Also, there are plenty of usb to spdif converters on the market at the moment and I would recommend using one of those if you are using computer as source then you can feed the dac through the coaxial input (this is generally considered the best input). This will also give you the flexibility of using any dac.
Also, if you are on a budget then yes an odac will do you for now. But I would highly recommend upgrading asap as the HD800's will show it for what it is. A budget dac. Your source is as important as your amp and so try and find something equal to your Woo. Maybe a Bitfrost.
I can highly recommend the Vdac mkII as a quality alternative and it plays well with the HD800's. It has asynchronous usb and can easily compete with any mid price dac that I have heard.
Good luck :)post #2697 of 67775/15/13 at 1:33pm
Can anyone comment on how the Bifrost w/ the "Uber Analog" upgrade sounds with the HD800? I'd plan on using the Bifrost's optical input so I'm not as concerned with the "USB Gen 2" upgrade (though impressions there are certainly welcome).post #2698 of 67775/15/13 at 1:34pmpost #2699 of 67775/15/13 at 2:05pmQuote:
I can't comment on the Uber, safe to assume it's better than stock, but the real gem of the Gung is the digital input section. Give you a hint, PWD2 Digital Lens, for several thousands less ;)post #2700 of 67775/15/13 at 2:42pm
Very intriguing.. I've typically (almost always) had better results with optical and coax connections on DACs vs USB.. even on a nice until like the V800. So an improved USB section on the Bifrost would certainly be something I'd invest in if its worth it. I planned on using the Meridian Explorer as a USB-to-SPDIF converter (to feed the Bifrost), but if the USB on the Bifrost delivers, it's one less thing to have to hook up.
- The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 31 seconds ago
- › Rcommendation On New Headphones And Old Receiver 49 seconds ago
- › December 2013 - Mook Headphone Festival Singapore 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 6 minutes ago
- › Mint condition Schiit Lyr with stock GE 6BZ7 tubes and PYST... 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Interest Check - Audiovalve RKV MKII 7 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 8 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Mango Tree Wood Cups. Fit HE-300 , HE-400 , HE-500 , HE-4, ... 8 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 8 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by boobs
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi