Hmm HDVD800 or something else?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- my new HD800's - buy expensive balanced XLR female cable to try $15K preamp or buy dedicated... Last post on 4/15/14 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HELP! Suggestions for Sennheiser HD800 - HDVD800 or WA22? Last post on 4/15/14 at 8:21pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Trying out Headphones Last post on 4/11/14 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock Headphone Impressions here, No Mods... Last post on Today at 12:07 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best "You Are There" Headphones.... Sennheiser HD 800s? Last post on 3/29/14 at 1:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread - Page 151
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2252 of 100284/28/13 at 10:45pmpost #2253 of 100284/29/13 at 12:21ampost #2254 of 100284/29/13 at 1:45ampost #2255 of 100284/29/13 at 1:46ampost #2256 of 100284/29/13 at 5:16am
Something else. I heard the HDVD800 with HD800s at the last meet but wasn't too impressed. I also am concerned how it sounds with other headphones but didn't get the chance to dig into this. Off the top of my mind Burson Soloist. :)post #2257 of 100284/29/13 at 5:53amQuote:
That's both funny and too true!post #2258 of 100284/29/13 at 6:24ampost #2259 of 100284/29/13 at 6:36am
I am currently using both the Decware CSP2+ and Taboo MK III with the HD800's.
Decware ( www.decware.com ) is an Illinois based manufacturer of high end audio gear. All hand made with point to point wiring.
The Bottlehead Crack is a DIY tube amplifier made in WA state ( www.bottlehead.com ) I have never heard this amp, but it has a stellar reputation for sound quality at a great price. I know it is considered, along with the Decware CSP2+, as two of the finest HD650 amps you can buy.
The Decware CSP2+ is primarily a Pre-amp. I has a HP jack so it can be used with HP's without a separate amp. It was my primary amp for the HD800's for the last year. The new Taboo MK III is primarily an amp, but can also be used as an integrated amp as it does have 2 inputs for signal. You can connect your source to the CSP2+ and then connect the CSP2+ to the Taboo and use the volume control of the CSP2+ the manage output for the combined units.
I find the combo to have more authority and weight than either unit individually so I am using them in tandem.post #2260 of 100284/29/13 at 6:51am
wow how did i miss that site? i play guitar also - getting together on thursday with a friend who is going to show me the basics for putting together a tube amp. spotted the little 5 watt on that website. looks gorgeous! i see you have the wired for sound dac aswell hidden away on the second shelf while i only have an rcam . i need to upgradepost #2261 of 100284/29/13 at 10:44ampost #2262 of 100284/29/13 at 2:48pmQuote:
For me the HD800. The T1 I had was way brighter and edgier in the treble and the mids were not nearly as nice as on the HD800. My HD800 is awesome.
And YES. I also like even the HD650 better than the T1. I first "upgraded" from the HD650 to the T1 but I really did not dig the sound. Then I tried out the HE-500. Better but the HD650 was still more to my liking. But oddly, I enjoy the HD800 quite much. I've had it for a couple of weeks and probably will keep it. The FIRST REAL upgrade from the HD650. Still there are things the HD650 does better than the HD800 (female vocals, euphonic man), but in everything else, HD800 is king.
I originally got the T1 first because I heard that the HD800 was worse with treble. But that wasn't true. The treble on the HD800 is quite nice (I use the V-dac II which is quite mellow and the Lake People G100 amp). There was one thing where the T1 excelled and that was dynamics.
Edited by maarek99 - 4/29/13 at 2:55pmpost #2263 of 100284/29/13 at 3:46pm
In the brief time I listened to the T1 (balanced out of a tube amp and single ended out of an ss amp), I thought it was quite muddy compared to the HD800. Then again, everything sounds muddy to me right after listening to the HD800s. I thought the bass of the T1s wasn't very tight and overwhelmed the other frequencies. I didn't hear any sibilance, though. Seems that the impressions are all over the place for the T1s. Mids and treble were decent, though. I like the design of the Beyers as well.
Nothing touches the HD800s for soundstage and detail for me. Classical is now unlistenable on any other headphone.post #2264 of 100284/29/13 at 8:06pmpost #2265 of 100284/29/13 at 8:33pmQuote:
I was fortunate to have the HE-6s in for a listen for several days. I liked them very much, and thought they were driven quite well by my amp. I liked the tonal balance, but I still liked the soundstage and air of the HD800s more.
I wish I had the money and space to have a whole collection. I'd definitely have the HE-6 in the stable.
- The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › need help choosing headphones 6 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 11 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 13 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 26 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 46 seconds ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR60 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob