Weird Shahrose felt the PWD2 had better detail and smoother delivery but less bass and stage size than the M7.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- what's next?????my main phones are Sennheiser HD-800, secondary AKG-702 Last post on 3/4/14 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- TomsHardware: What Does It Take To Turn The PC Into A Hi-Fi Audio Platform? Last post on 3/2/14 at 2:07pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Should I Upgrade? Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:59am in Dedicated Source Components
- need help choosing future high end gear Last post on 2/26/14 at 8:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread - Page 69post #1021 of 89983/16/13 at 7:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1022 of 89983/16/13 at 7:25pmQuote:Quote:
you guys are making my head spin tonight
Just kidding, i understand that there are many variables that come into play. I was hoping we would be lucky to isolate one and nail it down!
Preproman, I will pick your brain about the Master 7 when you come for the DC meet. I am interested about master 7 to gsx to hd800 chain.post #1023 of 89983/16/13 at 7:28pmQuote:
Shahrose had the Ref. 7.1 not the Master 7..post #1024 of 89983/16/13 at 7:29pmpost #1025 of 89983/16/13 at 7:32pmpost #1026 of 89983/16/13 at 7:40pmpost #1027 of 89983/16/13 at 7:55pm
I'm a little late to the party, but I (finally) Anax-modded my HD800 last night.. been listening with it most of today via my (tube & solid state) desktop rig and transportable rig (Meridian Explorer/Objective2).... and I love what this little mod has done. I didn't have any issues with the stock HD800 (as I've mentioned before) so I did the Anax mod out of curiosity more than anything. It seems to gently diffuse the energetic, slightly bright sound.. without compromising resolving ability. The HD800's remains immensely enjoyable (yes, even from the *gasp* O2). The treble & upper treble has a clear, smooth,"liquid"-like quality to it which I love.
I'll also echo what others have said about the HD800's versatility.. I can rock out to it with everything. Independent hip hop, Drum & Bass, fusion.. everything just sounds phenomenal. Definitely and 'end-game' phone for me.post #1028 of 89983/16/13 at 7:59pmpost #1029 of 89983/16/13 at 8:06pmQuote:
I have tried that a while back and I totally agree!!! just get the audeze if you find the hd 800 annoying
Edited by Cante Ista - 3/16/13 at 8:07pmpost #1030 of 89983/16/13 at 9:42pmQuote:
x2. Same effect for me.post #1031 of 89983/16/13 at 10:11pm
FWIW, I'm currently toying with the Idea of getting a Soloist for my HD800, mostly to see if it would be a step up from the SA-31 or more of a lateral move, though I suspect the latter. Unfortunately it would require me selling the SA-31 first as well as my AD2KX, so I couldn't compare them side by side. And I have to admit the Burson looks far better than my Audio-GD unit and seems to take up less desk space.post #1032 of 89983/16/13 at 10:40pm
I don't remember reading anyone trying the WA7... anyone try it with the HD800s?? I'm down to the Soloist, V200, and now curious about the WA7. Lyr is sold, so now I just am using my portable rig (Apex Glacier + Sig Pros) and not able to use the HD800s so time is an issue! I think I might be getting depressed...post #1033 of 89983/17/13 at 3:24amQuote:Originally Posted by TooPoor
I don't remember reading anyone trying the WA7... anyone try it with the HD800s?? I'm down to the Soloist, V200, and now curious about the WA7. Lyr is sold, so now I just am using my portable rig (Apex Glacier + Sig Pros) and not able to use the HD800s so time is an issue! I think I might be getting depressed...
what about Super7?post #1034 of 89983/17/13 at 4:03ampost #1035 of 89983/17/13 at 4:37am
Only difference between the two is the digital receiver. No change to power supply, dac or analog output.
- The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Band Name Game II 30 seconds ago
- › In Ear Headphones Under $215 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › Low budget headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamics T1 Amplification Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 9 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 11 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude