Great comparison dude. The bass light but also present on my Roc Nation Aviators as well, but I'll be coupling my iPod Nano with a Fiio E11 to help bring out some my ATH-A900X true sound potential.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 3/5/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 3/5/13
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH-A9Xtagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Stack + New sound card? Last post on 12/12/14 at 7:13am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- NuForce HP-800? Last post on 11/11/14 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed can with good sound stage Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- V-Moda XS or Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear | EDIT: (Just saw a thread exactly like mine but would... Last post on 5/31/14 at 6:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best closed back headphone for gaming Last post on 4/19/14 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
[ Comparison Review ] ATH-A9X, ATH-A900X, AKG K550 Three-Way Shootout - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Very nice review, I just bought a pair of ath a900x recently, and I've been using it for 40 hrs. it sounds pretty dull, the treble is not bright enough and the bass sounds very soft and loose. I somehow feel like my old ath m50 sounds better than the a900x. The m50 has more clarity (more texture) and the bass is much punchy (not boomy). Is all of these common? Does it need more burn-in?
- [ Comparison Review ] ATH-A9X, ATH-A900X, AKG K550 Three-Way Shootout
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PC Audio setup: +/- 200 bucks 1 minute ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Audio Engine A5+ 2 minutes ago
- › Something similar to HD800 but with a soul? 2 minutes ago
- › O2 Objective 2 Amp (Customized Low Gain) - Rear Power 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 5 minutes ago
- › Whats your go to sub $120 IEM? 6 minutes ago
- › Audio as life and art! 7 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 7 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)