I'm interested in getting high quality over the ear headphones that I can travel with and use with portable music players. I was looking at Sennheiser Momentum and Ultrasone Edition 8 S-Logic Plus. Any thoughts? Any others to consider? Thanks!
Hi-end Portable Use
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 510 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Location: Sweden
- Select All Posts By This User
1) Are the looks of the headphone important?
2) What do you mean by travelling? As a pedestrian? Flying? Or just chilling out in a sofa at the hotel?
3) What do you want to drive them with? An external amp/dac or just "any" digital media player, like e.g. an iPod?
4) Price? How much are you looking to spend?
I want the ability to take them with me when I travel. I sometimes will use them on the airplane but that is not the biggest use. For the most part, my order of priorities are:
1- Sound quality across genres and driven by iphone or pc w/o amp
2- Portability (& Durability)
When it comes to cost, I don't want to spend $ on something that isn't worth it but I am willing to spend a lot for the quality. That is what drove me to the Ultrasone.