Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. - Page 60

post #886 of 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

I'd be curious to test out your settings at some point. My S500s could use some stage :P

 

Believe me, any headphone, no matter how poor soundstage, gets a very noticable improvement. :P Even my AKG K518 DJ on-ears which have like no soundstage to speak of without the config. That is also why I enjoy the Q40's so much now, soundstage is perhaps one of the lesser good aspects of this headphone but with that config I get soundstage performances equal to that of headphones with great natural soundstaging abilities!

post #887 of 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

 

Believe me, any headphone, no matter how poor soundstage, gets a very noticable improvement. :P Even my AKG K518 DJ on-ears which have like no soundstage to speak of without the config. That is also why I enjoy the Q40's so much now, soundstage is perhaps one of the lesser good aspects of this headphone but with that config I get soundstage performances equal to that of headphones with great natural soundstaging abilities!

How can I try it out?

post #888 of 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

How can I try it out?

 

Check this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/555263/foobar2000-dolby-headphone-config-comment-discuss

post #889 of 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

 

I'm not tuning for a certain headphone, it's meant to be universal. :P The frequency response is meant to have roughly same balance as stock foobar2000 (Dolby Headphone alters the frequency response so), so I basicly add EQing in order to restore "stock balance". Soundstage wise I find that it doesn't really matter all that much if I swap around headphones, I still seem to prefer those same settings with all my headphones, of course it sounds slightly different with different headphones but the HRTF just seems to "work" similarly with all the headphones, it's just mostly the "outer corners/edges/limits of the soundstage" which gets stretched out with headphones with larger soundstage and there's more room between the instruments with certain headphones etc but the positioning still remain as it should be.

 

It would be pointless to try also providing some EQ'd settings for a particular headphone as every1 have their own personal taste how it should sound like.

 

Yup - I was kidding actually (I should have put a winky face at the end of my request instead of a smiley face!). But thanks for the explanation anyway. I love your forward configuration with all of my headphones/iems.

 

You should still get the ws99's anyway! ;) :)

post #890 of 1721

Just placed an order for the WS77 - so excited to test them out!

post #891 of 1721
I've been using the WS77 all week as my goto headphone and I've been quite satisfied.
post #892 of 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I've been using the WS77 all week as my goto headphone and I've been quite satisfied.

That's what I wanna hear!

post #893 of 1721
Just wanted to let you guys know, they're (ws99) $216 on amazon right now. The actual amazon.com seller is sold out (they just got them in yesterday), but there's two other American retailers selling them.
post #894 of 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I've been using the WS77 all week as my goto headphone and I've been quite satisfied.

 

Can you comment on which has stronger bass, WS77 or WS99.

post #895 of 1721
You can feel the bass of the WS99 more. It sounds slightly looser. The sub-bass is slightly stronger and mid-bass kick is punchier. I feel the WS77's bass is faster and the mid-bass is less pronounced but the sub-bass is also not as extended. I actually like the bass of the WS77 more but the WS99 wins hands down in all other areas. Treble is cleaner, well extended and doesn't sound thin like the WS77. Vocals sound smoother also on the 99. Where the 99's excel the most is in the stage department. 77's sound closed in when compared. With that said, I still find the 77 a great headphone.
post #896 of 1721
Excellent impressions Danny.
post #897 of 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

You can feel the bass of the WS99 more. It sounds slightly looser. The sub-bass is slightly stronger and mid-bass kick is punchier. I feel the WS77's bass is faster and the mid-bass is less pronounced but the sub-bass is also not as extended. I actually like the bass of the WS77 more but the WS99 wins hands down in all other areas. Treble is cleaner, well extended and doesn't sound thin like the WS77. Vocals sound smoother also on the 99. Where the 99's excel the most is in the stage department. 77's sound closed in when compared. With that said, I still find the 77 a great headphone.

 

OK, then WS99 definitely fits me better of the two. :p

post #898 of 1721

So I take it that both headphones are good at their price points?

post #899 of 1721
Can someone please listen to the ws99s with this songhttp://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=-0fSCoOfQqU
:DThanks!

It doesn't work on mobile though. The songs called Lamborghini Angels by Lupe Fiasco.
Edited by Trunks159 - 5/4/13 at 4:10pm
post #900 of 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Excellent impressions Danny.

Thanks Wayne

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

 

OK, then WS99 definitely fits me better of the two. :p

It's truly a good headphone all around.  I think this one might be one of the best choices for you.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJazzyH View Post

So I take it that both headphones are good at their price points?

I would say yes.  The 99's are one of the best and 77's are no joke either.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

Can someone please listen to the ws99s with this songhttp://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=-0fSCoOfQqU
:DThanks!

It doesn't work on mobile though. The songs called Lamborghini Angels by Lupe Fiasco.

I actually listened to it on youtube and it's a good tune.  Was there something specific you wanted us to hear for? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57..