Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. - Page 105

post #1561 of 1683

It's no prob! Last December, I only had an AD700 and no knowledge of the audiophile world. Decide to upgrade, discover head-fi, spend ~$1k on equipment so far since January and I'm sitting here with an AD2000, FiiO E12, and the never ending itch for hopefully better and synergistic equipment...

 

Back on topic, I use an iPod classic and iPhone 4. I find that with the BH, I have no need for source EQ unless I'm at my computer where I can do more fine tuning with the Electri-Q equalizer in FooBar. Any EQ changes you make upstream will go through downstream, though.

 

For example, let's say your audio chain is

 
 iPod -> C&C BH2 -> WSxxx

 

If you boost the treble on your iPod, the treble will still be boosted through the BH2. Even moreso with the SF switch on since it'll "stack". I'm 99% sure this applies whether you're using the headphone audio out (3.5mm output) on your portable device or if you use a Line Out Direct (LOD; in your case 30pin to 3.5mm) to input sound from your player to the BH2.

post #1562 of 1683

Thanks for all the help. BH is ordered and will get that some time next week

post #1563 of 1683

Hey guys :P havn't visited here for a while! has anyone found a good case for ws99's? something that can keep them safe in a backpack? any suggestions would be appreciated. :dt880smile:

post #1564 of 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassDrop View Post
 

Hey guys :P havn't visited here for a while! has anyone found a good case for ws99's? something that can keep them safe in a backpack? any suggestions would be appreciated. :dt880smile:

 

I have actually been thinking of a to make a case. What I was thinking was finding a metal box a little bigger the the headphone, taking some high density foam and cutting out where they would lay. I have no idea how well this will work outside of my head though. But when ever I find the time, I will try

post #1565 of 1683

 

Can this part be removed without snapping it? how? thanks.

post #1566 of 1683

I have no idea

post #1567 of 1683

I'm looking at my pair right now and there is a phillips screw where the headband connects to the cup arm. The cups don't rotate enough that getting a regular screwdriver in there wouldn't somehow damage the cup, though. Not sure how you would unscrew that.

post #1568 of 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassDrop View Post
 

Hey guys :P havn't visited here for a while! has anyone found a good case for ws99's? something that can keep them safe in a backpack? any suggestions would be appreciated. :dt880smile:

 

If you can find a good deal on some Koss Tony Bennett's, the case works great for the WS99's...

 

 

post #1569 of 1683
I have a pair of ws99s, and I love them to death, but they don't block out very much noise. Can anyone recommend a pair of headphones with good noise isolation that would be a good upgrade to the ws99s? I've been looking at the denon d600 and they look like they fit the bill, but I have no idea how they compare to the ws99.
post #1570 of 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rofulcopter View Post

I have a pair of ws99s, and I love them to death, but they don't block out very much noise. Can anyone recommend a pair of headphones with good noise isolation that would be a good upgrade to the ws99s? I've been looking at the denon d600 and they look like they fit the bill, but I have no idea how they compare to the ws99.

To heavy and isolation is about the same. And sound is hard to describe. Not everyone will like but some do. You'd be better off with the UE6000 if you want something that isolates well and can be had for fairly cheap.

HP100's also come to mind. Both can be had for $150 and under


Thanks,


evil_smiley.gif
post #1571 of 1683
Not too crazy about having to change out batteries just to use my headphones. I wouldn't mind going into the 4-500 dollar range to find a pair that sounds just as good or better than the ws99 and has good isolation.
post #1572 of 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rofulcopter View Post

I have a pair of ws99s, and I love them to death, but they don't block out very much noise. Can anyone recommend a pair of headphones with good noise isolation that would be a good upgrade to the ws99s? I've been looking at the denon d600 and they look like they fit the bill, but I have no idea how they compare to the ws99.

Like DemonFox said, some will like that the D600 some wont butI happen to love them. Definitely an upgrade IMHO. And yes I have had the 99's.
post #1573 of 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Like DemonFox said, some will like that the D600 some wont butI happen to love them. Definitely an upgrade IMHO. And yes I have had the 99's.

How well do they block out noise compared to the ws99? The semi open design is probably the only thing I don't like about the ws99, not very good for noisy environments.
post #1574 of 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

If you can find a good deal on some Koss Tony Bennett's, the case works great for the WS99's...

 

 

 

 

that's a cool case. i'll see if i can get my hands on one without buying the headphones too :P  thanks for the tip

post #1575 of 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG2assassin View Post
 

 

I have actually been thinking of a to make a case. What I was thinking was finding a metal box a little bigger the the headphone, taking some high density foam and cutting out where they would lay. I have no idea how well this will work outside of my head though. But when ever I find the time, I will try

I thought of that too. Went to buy some plank of wood at home depot told 'em if they could cut to my dimensions. They didn't help..so i just went home. lol. Keep us updated how yours go. would love to see the pics

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57..