Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. - Page 93

post #1381 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNardy View Post

I like hip hop

so of course I want bass 

but I also want the clarity to hear the other details of the song

Im coming from the ath-m50s which were great but not quite enough bass

not to say it wasnt good I just needed more

 

M-Audio Q40 has lots of bass. Mids and highs are nicely balanced, and more neutral than M50, though you may find the treble too laid back in comparison. M50 has pretty harsh treble.
post #1382 of 1715
I felt that the ws99 has more bass. You could simply use eq or an amp like the fiio e11 for more bass.
post #1383 of 1715

honesty I was a bit disappointed but after a bit of EQing 

I see what these cans are designed for

these are a nice set of headphones but I think I was looking for the pro700mk when i got these

tho these are a pleasent surprise tho Im still looking...

Def need to replace these ear pads tlike asap cause my ears actually touch the drivers which makes me keep messing and moving the phones around on my head

another thing I noticed is the volume doesn't seem loud as the m50s

with these and the m50s its a detail vs bass trade off

the more I listen the more I like them tho


Edited by BigNardy - 7/17/13 at 5:51pm
post #1384 of 1715

hate to double post but does anyone have any recommendations for new ear pads for the ws99

these are to shallow

post #1385 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNardy View Post

hate to double post but does anyone have any recommendations for new ear pads for the ws99

these are to shallow

HM5 pads i think were mentioned earlier in the thread.

post #1386 of 1715

ah I mustve missed that thank you

post #1387 of 1715
Still waiting for my Aune T1 to get here before I write my review.

In the mean time what after market ear pads work with these? A search didn't turn up anything.
post #1388 of 1715
literally two posts up mentions the HM5 pads :] Personally, I had some issues with the fit of the WS99 pads, but after some time wearing them, they seem to have gotten more comfy and I have no issue now.
post #1389 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by pngwn View Post

literally two posts up mentions the HM5 pads :] Personally, I had some issues with the fit of the WS99 pads, but after some time wearing them, they seem to have gotten more comfy and I have no issue now.

My apologize what I should have asked was if there are any alternate pads to the HM5? I'd hate to pay my fabricator almost $150 for customs...
post #1390 of 1715

This has been a really great thread for me.  I have been searching for a new pair of headphones for quite some time.  I was looking to spend about $300 on a headphone.  So far, the ATH-WS99 sounds like great headphone, especially for someone like myself who's coming from the ATH-M50.  I have also been considering the KEF M500, Sennheiser Momentums, ATH-A900X, and Mad Dogs.  I understand that the Mad Dogs will most definitely need an amp to sound their best.  With the exception of the Mad Dogs, I have a few questions.

 

1.  How does the WS99 compare to the A900X, Momentum, and M500?

2.  Does the WS99 absolutely need an amp to sound its best?

3.  I have a 3rd Gen 64gb Ipod Touch and a laptop.  Will these sources be sufficient to evoke a great sound from the WS99?

4.  How well would the Schiit Magni/Modi stack pair with the WS99?

5.  Does the WS99 absolutely blow the M50 away in all aspects of sound reproduction?

 

I apologize if these questions have already been answered.

 

Thank You.


Edited by yeahman68 - 7/20/13 at 8:51pm
post #1391 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahman68 View Post

This has been a really great thread for me.  I have been searching for a new pair of headphones for quite some time.  I was looking to spend about $300 on a headphone.  So far, the ATH-WS99 sounds like great headphone, especially for someone like myself who's coming from the ATH-M50.  I have also been considering the KEF M500, Sennheiser Momentums, ATH-A900X, and Mad Dogs.  I understand that the Mad Dogs will most definitely need an amp to sound their best.  With the exception of the Mad Dogs, I have a few questions.

 

1.  How does the WS99 compare to the A900X, Momentum, and M500?

2.  Does the WS99 absolutely need an amp to sound its best?

3.  I have a 3rd Gen 64gb Ipod Touch and a laptop.  Will these sources be sufficient to evoke a great sound from the WS99?

4.  How well would the Schiit Magni/Modi stack pair with the WS99s?

5.  Does the WS99 absolutely blow the M50 away in all aspects of sound reproduction?

 

I apologize if these questions have already been answered.

 

Thank You.

How important is bass to you?

post #1392 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

How important is bass to you?

To have a powerful, yet unobtrusive low end response is quite important to me.  It is the reason I have not pulled the trigger on the A900X.


Edited by yeahman68 - 7/20/13 at 9:02pm
post #1393 of 1715
The WS99 definitely has strong yet unobtrusive bass. The rest of the FR is well presented as well, very lovely miss and present highs. I can't comment about the other bullet points except that the WS99 doesn't NEED an amp to sound great; however, a treble tilted amp such as the C&C BH does wonders to further even out the sound and open up the soundstage.
post #1394 of 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahman68 View Post

To have a powerful, yet unobtrusive low end response is quite important to me.  It is the reason I have not pulled the trigger on the A900X.

I would say the WS99s would be your best bet. They have great portability as well, so you would have no problem driving them. If bass wasn't as important then I would definitely recommend the AD900X, they sound amazing.

post #1395 of 1715
The AD900x is also not so portable... Portability is one thing I really like about the WS99
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57..