This has been a really great thread for me. I have been searching for a new pair of headphones for quite some time. I was looking to spend about $300 on a headphone. So far, the ATH-WS99 sounds like great headphone, especially for someone like myself who's coming from the ATH-M50. I have also been considering the KEF M500, Sennheiser Momentums, ATH-A900X, and Mad Dogs. I understand that the Mad Dogs will most definitely need an amp to sound their best. With the exception of the Mad Dogs, I have a few questions.
1. How does the WS99 compare to the A900X, Momentum, and M500?
2. Does the WS99 absolutely need an amp to sound its best?
3. I have a 3rd Gen 64gb Ipod Touch and a laptop. Will these sources be sufficient to evoke a great sound from the WS99?
4. How well would the Schiit Magni/Modi stack pair with the WS99?
5. Does the WS99 absolutely blow the M50 away in all aspects of sound reproduction?
I apologize if these questions have already been answered.
Edited by yeahman68 - 7/20/13 at 8:51pm