Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 64

post #946 of 3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony View Post

I let her use them with the amp on her iPhone, but to no avail. "I don't get why you would spend so much."

It's all about priorities, I suppose. No one can really criticize how others spend their money as long as it doesn't interfere with them. That's my huge justifying factor I turn to if someone asks me why I spend so much on audio.
 

 

My answer to those comments is "The same reason you spend to much on your iDevice/shoes/clothing/ect."

 

+1 for my interests is not your intrests.

post #947 of 3997

Spent the week travelling with a coworker, he noticed I was carrying two (!) headsets and a weird-looking black box (PA2V2) with me.  I explained that the MDR-V6 was for noisy places like the airport, and the vintage, open ATH-L2 was for the peace and quiet of my hotel room (with the portable CD/DVD player in my suitcase).

 

I let him try on some Pink Floyd with the Sonys and there was immediately a big smile on his face.  Then he tried the Audio-Technicas and saw right then and there why I needed more than one.

 

After that I was able to explain to him that I had three more headphones waiting at home and he understood.  He wants to shop for decent cans now - even told me he might spend as much as $150 on something good.

 

I told him to listen before he bought, and to stay away from Bose, Beats and anything that looks like a teenager might find fashionable (or a Bob Marley fan, for that matter).

 

We got a new one, I think!

post #948 of 3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by alterndog View Post
 

I generally have had good reactions from people who have tried my headphones (M50 and my IEMS: RE-262 all with the e11). They can tell the sound is good, but none of them are completely wow'ed. What they don't understand is the fact that I own more than one pair of headphones. My family especially doesn't understand the need for having my M50s and the 262s. I am not allowed to ask for headphone gear for presents so instead I just ask for gift cards to stores I know will have the gear ;). 

 

My fiance has an interesting take on it. She can't understand my fascination with headphones, but she does acknowledge it's a hobby I  enjoy. I think in her mind she equates my love of music and good headphones to her love of cooking and her need for quality cookware to truly enjoy it. As she states it "We all geek out over something, you have your headphones and I have my cooking."

She's a keeper!!

post #949 of 3997
And what will be the reaction of people on the train to glowing tubes from beneath of my jacket:P
post #950 of 3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolas View Post

And what will be the reaction of people on the train to glowing tubes from beneath of my jacket:P

 

"Look out guys, that guy's got a bomb!"

post #951 of 3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk3 View Post
 

 

"Look out guys, that guy's got a bomb!"

Light sabers! Jedi warriors incoming!

post #952 of 3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious Lab View Post
 

Spent the week travelling with a coworker, he noticed I was carrying two (!) headsets and a weird-looking black box (PA2V2) with me.  I explained that the MDR-V6 was for noisy places like the airport, and the vintage, open ATH-L2 was for the peace and quiet of my hotel room (with the portable CD/DVD player in my suitcase).

 

I let him try on some Pink Floyd with the Sonys and there was immediately a big smile on his face.  Then he tried the Audio-Technicas and saw right then and there why I needed more than one.

 

After that I was able to explain to him that I had three more headphones waiting at home and he understood.  He wants to shop for decent cans now - even told me he might spend as much as $150 on something good.

 

I told him to listen before he bought, and to stay away from Bose, Beats and anything that looks like a teenager might find fashionable (or a Bob Marley fan, for that matter).

 

We got a new one, I think!

Good to see that there are individuals still using portable CD or CD/DVD players. I had a chance to try my portable Sony D-303 CD player + the Continental portable amp against a Galaxy/Android + desktop amplifier [the name got misfiled in my memory and is missing] and my vintage CD player + the Continental seriously trumped the other combo.

post #953 of 3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolas View Post

And what will be the reaction of people on the train to glowing tubes from beneath of my jacket:P


'Sooo pretty, must resist urge to ask and endore my b***s som more'

post #954 of 3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolas View Post

And what will be the reaction of people on the train to glowing tubes from beneath of my jacket:P

robocop_6.jpg?itok=MGebPRsc

post #955 of 3997

^ post of the week :biggrin:

post #956 of 3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz View Post

^ post of the week biggrin.gif
^ Made me lough!biggrin.gif
post #957 of 3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

robocop_6.jpg?itok=MGebPRsc
those are some weird looking headphones on his head. They even have an eye piece.
post #958 of 3997
Lol. I posted on facebook how my headphones sound like your in the studio, no distortion subwoofers ect ect and my friend comments "beats?"
post #959 of 3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

Lol. I posted on facebook how my headphones sound like your in the studio, no distortion subwoofers ect ect and my friend comments "beats?"

Why is that funny though? Beats are the ultimate headphones.

post #960 of 3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfly View Post
 

Why is that funny though? Beats are the ultimate headphones.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II